Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar B Medikeri
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar B MedikeriYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is strongly indicated in all cases of sinusitis. Homeopathic treatment en routes for rejuvenating one’s immunity towards such attacks. A constitutional homeopathic treatment can completely cure the recurrence of this disease. Homeopathic remedies facilitate drainage of mucus relieving sinus congestion, reduces inflammation in the sinuses, relieve pain and pressure by clearing the infection. It also prevents the formation of scar tissue and avoids permanent damage to the tissues lining the nose and sinuses. The constitutional approach enhances the vitality of the patient and eliminates the entire allergic predisposition hence impeding recurrent infections. Homeopathic treatment is safe and effective for both children and adults. Homeopathy can be an exceptionally successful approach in decreasing susceptibility in acute and chronic infections, as well as in treating the infection itself. The homeopathic constitutional approach always considers the illness in the context of the whole person taking into account the mental, emotional, physical symptoms and the circumstances surrounding their lives. Its purpose is balance and harmony on all levels by enhancing the body’s own defenses. Homeopathic remedies are natural, gentle, safe and easy to take
Self Care Measures
Manage your allergies and keep away from known allergens.
Avoid exposure to cold air.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Use appropriate hygiene measures and avoid contact with people who have colds and other viral upper respiratory infections.
Avoid cigarette smoke in your home and workplace.
Consider using a humidifier.
Use saltwater nasal washes to help keep the nasal passages open and wash out mucus and bacteria.
Warm salt water gargles.
Avoid blowing your nose as this may force thick mucus back into your sinuses and block them.
Walk in open air.
-DR RUSHALI ANGCHEKAR
VAIBHAVI HOMOEO CLINIC
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.