Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShameemYour feedback matters!
One of my friend canine teeth are improper. At canine location two adjacent teeth are there. Can the teeth made to a proper position. What is d treatment should undergo? And how much time it will take for a treatment? And what can b the cost for treatment?
I don't have a good dental placing. My teeth is not aligned properly. How to take care of my teeth properly.
Whenever I brush my teeth, 2 or 3 of them starts bleeding. I have this problem since last 3 years. Please solve my problem.
What is the reason and remedy for mouth ulcer? I am getting mouth ulcer at least once a month. And its paining while eating and feeling uncomfortable.
I have sensitivity problem in my teeth help me to recover it . I also try Colgate but it can't recover me.
Sir I have a bad set of teeth. My age is 46 female. I extracted 4 teeth and other teeth are shaking while eating. I have sensitive teeth also.
Dental care is a part of human health which is often overlooked by a majority of the population. Teeth form a very important part of our body and not just for cosmetic reasons but for utilitarian reasons as well. It is important to maintain the health of our teeth at all times.
What is Tooth Enamel?
Tooth enamel is the tough outer covering of any teeth that is visible outside the gums. This is the layer which protects the nerve endings and is one of the strongest materials in the human body. This part of your teeth is especially susceptible to stress. While we eat, drink, chew, this is the layer that most exposed to damage and if eroded can cause permanent damage as well. Tooth enamel decay is mostly caused by a diet high in starches and sugar, excessive consumption of soft drinks, and excessive alcohol consumption, to name a few.
How can you keep your tooth enamel healthy and strong?
You can restore the health of your tooth enamel by implementing the following habits:
- Changing to a healthy diet - Changing to a low sugar diet will definitely improve the health of your enamel besides providing fewer chemicals, which are mainly responsible for tooth enamel decay.
- Using straws while consuming highly acidic drinks such a fruit juices - Straws are a great way to have highly acidic drinks like fruit juices without bothering your teeth and thus keeping enamel protected.
- Keeping the body hydrated - It is also important to keep the body hydrated to allow the formation of saliva properly. People with dry mouth often suffer from issues related to the tooth enamel and the best way to prevent it from happening this is by drinking plenty of water.
- Using a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash - Using mouthwashes and toothpaste containing fluoride helps in building up tooth enamel as well helps in keeping teeth healthy.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth
Essential oils for healthy teeth and gums
Essential oils are fantastic for helping to keep your teeth and gums healthy and strong. I'm using dreaming earth's germ buster blend for my oral hygiene routine because it contains so many healing essential oils for healthy teeth and gums, all in one go. I am almost three weeks into my natural dental health 'experiment' (see previous post). I can report that my mouth continues to feel much cleaner. My teeth and gums feel stronger. Maybe it's just my imagination, but my skin feels softer, too. These are hardly scientific findings, but they are enough for me to want to continue on. I'll keep you posted on my experience with oil pulling and natural toothpaste in future posts. If you are interested in making your own toothpaste or mouthwash, here are some ideas.
Which essential oils are best for healthy teeth and gums?
Peppermint and spearmint essential oils are both antiseptic oils which help to treat pain. They are great in a mouthwash or toothpaste, which is why they are such prevalent flavors in oral hygiene products. Peppermint and spearmint oils are also very effective in combating bad breath.
Clove oil is one of my favorite essential oils for healthy teeth and gums. It helps fight germs and, like peppermint numbs pain and fights bad breath. Because clove is so intense, make sure to dilute it well before using.
Rosemary essential oil is a good disinfectant and takes care of mouth odor. Plus, it tastes good!
When it comes to a great all-purpose oral health oil, reach for manuka or tea tree essential oil. For oral hygiene, these are both invaluable - helping to fight germs, heal cold sores and kill bad breath.
Myrrh oil is very good for oral hygiene in that it strengthens gums, and has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
Eucalyptus essential oil is a germicide that has been reported to fight plaque build-up, gingivitis and prevent cavities!
Lemon essential oil is antiseptic, strengthens gums and helps to whiten teeth.
Cinnamon essential oil is good for bad breath and has pain-killing properties.
How to use these? the nice thing is you can mix and match with what you have on hand, experimenting until you get a flavor you like. I like the following healthy mouth blend:
10 drops peppermint, 5 drops spearmint, 5 drops cinnamon, 5 drops clove, 5 drops tea tree or manuka, 5 drops lemon essential oils. Blend these together, and add to 8 oz of water. I'd recommend adding a few drops of carrier oil (such as almond or jojoba) to the water to help disperse the essential oils. If you use just water you'll need to shake well each time before using. After brushing, add a few drops to your toothbrush and gently brush teeth and gums. Rinse and spit - do not swallow! or, use as a mouth rinse after brushing. You can adjust the strength to your taste by making the essential oil concentration stronger or more diluted. Also, see our last blog posting on natural homemade oral hygiene products for some simple recipes.
Lastly, if you want to keep it simple, try our germ buster blend - it already combines many of these essential oils to great effect. It tastes good and leaves my mouth feeling super clean all day long. Here's to a fresh, clean, healthy mouth!
I am 26 year old unmarried female I have wisdom tooth ache since 2 years which comes and goes at times. I feel it has even touch my gums at the edges inside. Please help.
How to bring maxilla forward in adults if one is 21 years old. Can it be done with braces too ? Or something else.
To be contd...
With the wedding season nearly approaching, you should be ready for several parties and gatherings and lots of photographs to be clicked. You would surely want to look good on every wedding occasion. Hence you should make sure that your teeth are at their best, when it comes to looking good. The teeth are responsible for shaping the perfect smile, and so you must take measures to make your teeth look stunning in order to get your smile ready for the upcoming wedding season.
Here are some tips on how you should take care of your teeth:
- Whiten your teeth: You can avail a quick whitening service for your teeth from a dental clinic. This will make your teeth brighter and much whiter, which will enhance your smile. Always get teeth whitening done from a clinic instead of using whiteners bought from stores, as the latter do not work as effectively. Moreover, teeth whitening done at a clinic is not much expensive.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene: If you want to get perfectly white teeth ready for the wedding season, you should maintain your oral hygiene routine strictly. Brushing and flossing should be practiced regularly, and you should also use a mouthwash. Brush two times a day and take time to brush. Maintain healthy teeth to make them look beautiful and get the most perfect smile.
- Use strategic makeup colors: Several colors can be used to enhance the whiteness of your teeth. Using bright red lipstick would make the teeth look better and brighter with a nice overall contrast. You can choose from different shades of red, pink or cherry of a warm tone. Blue toned lipsticks make a bad contrast against stains and the yellow tinge on the teeth is brought out. You can also use a Bronzer.
- Remove stains: You should try to remove any stain from your teeth and ensure that no further stains are caused. After having any dark beverage like red wine or syrup drinks, make sure to remove the stains instantly. This can be done simply by wiping the stains with a napkin.
- Keep your face and smile relaxed: For the most beautiful and natural smile, you should have a relaxed facial expression. Avoid making hyperactive expressions as these make your smile look artificial. Do not show an expression that looks as if a lot of effort has been put into it. The most beautiful smile is a natural one.
Following these tips, you will be able to get your smile ready for the wedding season. Your smile will be at its best, and you will look amazing in every single picture that will be clicked. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.