Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shamanth SYour feedback matters!
Hi my complexion is dark color and I am suffering with pimple and with tan its seem to be ugly please suggest me wht I have to do and I need to contact with dermatology also.
I am 18 years old female and I have very deeply stretch marks on my chest shoulder pas 4 years. I tried retina a for a stretch marks cream. But its gives me red ness or itching. I tried olive oil also but it can not works. please give me advice what can I do?
A face have 2-3 dark spot on her face so whats kind a medicine takes place for it out spot her my face its dark spot when my baby born then its a comes on my face.
My hairs r falling very rapidly I tried different hair oils but its not stopping so what should I do?
I hv child 20 years old, who is losing hairs very often, he is also having a lotbif dandruff. How to stop hair fall.
My age is 20 and I am facing hair fall from last 4 years. And now I am noticing that my hairs are thinning from the front of my head.
I always have acne on my face. I tried aloe vera gels and moisturizers. But they just doesn't go away. If one goes away, then others start to appear. Alway have 4-5 pimples. Please help me on what to do!
Im 22 year old boy. Im suffering from dandruff problem. Im not understanding that what will I do for remove my dandruff. Im also suffering hair falling. Can you give me some suggestion. For help my hair.
What can I do for hair loss. Im just 18 years old but I have bug problem of hairloss. Sir please help me. Which medical treatment I need please tell me.
I have tried all the home remedies for acne, still it is there, can you suggest me some medicines which will be helpful.
I am a student I have many pimple s on my face . I can't see my face in mirror. Too many pimples are there . I got depression please help me how to get rode of it.
I need a clear glowing skin I wanna make my skin all clear and free of any spots Please suggest the best possible.
I am 18 years old. I am suffering from hair fall. I took homeopathic medicines and used hair for sure tonic. I got control over it. But now I have stopped it and it seems the problem has started. What should I do? Can my hair grow back?
I have a serious problem in my face as it get black pimples and pores daily I have consulted many local doctors but all in vain so suggest some remedies.
No exposure to sunlight theses days. No acne at all and my face is clear. My skin is dry and not oily still don't find that natural shine. I drink 2 to 4 glasses of water in a day and salad ,fruits etc are part of my daily diet. Now pls suggest.
I have a skin impurities like when I have ice on my hands or face it just get bigger like air in it? and I scratch my body most of time. is there any solutions?
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.