Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Shamala VatsaYour feedback matters!
Hi I wanna know 1 thing and that is I always or I frequently get very angry as well as aggressive in small fights or even when somebody do not complete my wish etc so now I wanna know that is this is the symptom of any mental illness or not.
Hi, Kishore here, I am 35 yrs, I have mild hand trembling, sometimes with anxiety though I occasionally drink beer. Pls help me to build strong nervous system and solution for this problem.
Sir, I'm 19 years old young. My consultation is that I'm getting into the unconscious state. I am forgetting answer that I studied for exam. Often I blurt within me. My thoughts get distracted every seconds. Even I don't know whether this is a problem or not. Is there any solution?
Hello. My age is 24 years and I am a student of CA final and I have failed in my exams 5 times and I am very much disappointed due to this. My problem is that I can't concentrate properly on my work. Even when I sleep at night my mind keeps on thinking or sometimes sings a song and continuously repeat the same and I can't sleep properly. I am facing this problem from last many years. Due to this I can't study properly and also it is affecting my work at office. Please tell me if I am suffering from any mental problem and also suggest me some treatment to overcome the same.
How much hours do I sleep a day to get better result in working hours like I do jym and studying when I go to study I can not concentrate I feel like lazy and I can not focus on my studies.
Hi I would like to quit smoking but I am not able to as I have been smoking for the last 27years. I am a 41years old.
Recently, I lost my software job 2 months back in gurgaon (reason - I was loosing interest in my routine job that was detected by my supervisor and got escalated). I am facing this existential anxiety for many years as I think that I wanted to be a singer or some creative field but got stuck in software testing field for more than 10 years. And started loosing interest in my work. I just don't know. In which direction to go in my career at this stage? I also enrolled in executive mba in Bangalore just now. But finding it difficult to stay in Bangalore without any mental support (though my parents call me everyday) and have started loosing interest in MBA as well which I joined 1 month back Feb 2017 and also paid partial fees of around 2 lakhs as well. Is this some temporary feeling that my commitment for mba is also diminishing now. As I feel that I'm not able to commit to software job or MBA as well? I'm living in Bangalore all alone and feeling that I should leave my MBA and relocate back to gurgaon and search for new job there again to get my confidence back. Don't know what to do. Kindly help.
I am patient of depression and now I am having allergy In my body by medicine of depression. My skin become black where allergy occurs. Please answer what should I do.
I am 22 year old male and I am Tachophobic (fear of speed) and this fear effects my normal life, So please suggest me how to overcome this fear and lead a happy life.
I am a 32 year old female. I have been taking psychiatric medications for last two years. I am not able to study at home for the course that I am pursuing. I feel like shooting myself with a gun. I am in love with a guy but he doesn't ask me out. I cry at nights. What should I do?
My wife was hysterectomy operation in 10 months back and remove the one ovary. Now present consult the doctor express second ovary not function. Now she suffer the hot feelings of the body and body pains. So I request to suggestion.
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.