Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini DikshitYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from loose gumgrip, my teeth have lossen a bit, what should I do? I chewed tulsi for some days, can this be the reason for this?
Dear sir My mouth not open due to chewing gutkha but now I am forget all this bad habits, so pls suggest me some medicine for same.
I am taking chewing tobacco from past 6-7 yrs, and becoz of this bad addiction, my teeth become yellow and full with cavities. How could I make my teeth white now as before.
Dental abscess is characterized by pus formation in the teeth or the gums. This infection may occur either in the gums or the tip of the tooth. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection which may enter the mouth through food, thus causing accumulation of plaque. If the plaque is not removed by following proper dental hygiene, then it may result in abscess.
The various factors that increase your chances of getting affected by dental abscess are a sugar rich diet and poor oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth to prevent symptoms of dental abscess. A diet that has too much sugar may lead to cavities that increases your risk of dental abscess.
Dental abscess may be classified into three types:
- Periodontal abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the bone structures in the teeth
- Gingival abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the gums
- Periapical abscess: Periapical abscess occurs in the soft areas of the tooth
Entry of bacteria through holes in the teeth may result in breaking down of the soft tissue under the enamel. The infection may result in the hole to penetrate the pulp in the teeth. The bacteria thus infects the bone present in the teeth causing Periapical abscess. The bacteria that infects as a result of plaque accumulation may lead dental abscess. This may also lead to formation of gaps in the teeth leading to infection in the inner areas of the teeth.
The symptoms of dental abscess are:
- The teeth may become sensitive to hot and cold temperatures
- Pain during chewing food
- A persistent pain in the jaw that radiates to the ear
- You may experience a swelling in the face and the neck
- Tenderness in the lymph nodes in the neck
- You may experience symptoms of fever
- Presence of foul smelling fluid in your mouth
I have lots of pain on my backside teeth and it leads to swelling also What can I do? Pls suggest me.
I am 25 year old female. I get embarrassed wen I smile in front of the people. Bcoz I do not have a beautiful smile. So I decided to put teeth clips on my teeth. My teeth looks straight but front four teeth are in same size. Wt should I do for my problem. Is it safe to wear clips at this age. Kindly tel me the solution to my problem.
A girl of age 4 is bitting her teeth while sleeping why? Moreover we need to consult a child specialist or a dental doctor for this problem?
Sir mera morals teeth propar maner me nahi hai. Last ka damage ke position pe hai. So jab me morning me uthata hun to. Spit ke sath kabhi kabhi blood bhi ata hai. Whats the reason for that.
I have teeth problem. Its bleeding and pain some time And more sensitive. Please give me proper solution.
I am 53 and my lower side chewing teeth have all gone. For years, Dentists have been suggesting me to get my stomach checked which I have been doing but between the stomach doctor and dentist- I can't get any solution and the result is all teeth having problems and dentist suggest FMR (Full Mouth Rehab). I have already spent lacs on my teeth. Can not afford anymore. Nobody tells the root cause!
Doctor I am suffering from an unbearable toothache please advice me how to get instant relief as its night period now and I am not able to sleep.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.