Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
If you are experiencing lower back pain during pregnancy, you should know that it is a common complaint. The lower back pain may occur because of several factors associated with pregnancy. You gain weight, your center of gravity shifts and your hormones relax the ligaments present in your pelvic joints. There are several ways by which you can reduce your lower back pain during pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Practice good posture: As the baby grows inside you, your center of gravity changes in a forward direction. You may feel like falling forward and may lean back for prevention. This strains the lower back muscles and causes back pain during pregnancy. You need to maintain a good posture. Always stand tall and straight, hold your chest up high, and keep your shoulders backwards and relaxed. You should not lock your knees.
- Get proper gear: Get adequate gear for dealing with lower back pain during pregnancy. You must wear low heeled shoes having good arch support. Avoid wearing flat heeled shoes and high heels, which will shift your balance more forward, thereby increasing the chances of falling. You can also opt for a maternity support belt. This additional support might be helpful for you.
- Lift properly: While you are lifting an object, you should squat down, lifting your legs and arms. Do not bend at your waist and lift with your back. Know your limits before lifting anything.
- Sleep on your side: Sleep on your sides keeping your knees bent, instead of your back during pregnancy. You may also use support pillows between your knees, under your abdomen and at your back.
- Hot and cold massage: Although this method is not effective for long term relief, massaging your lower back with a hot pad followed by an ice pack may be effective for temporary pain relief.
- Engage in regular physical activity: Regular physical activity helps you in keeping your back strong and also relieves pain during pregnancy. You should opt for mild exercises such as walking and water exercises. You should consult a physical therapist for showing you effective stretches and aerobic exercises which are beneficial.
You can try stretching your lower back, resting your hands and knees and keeping your head in line with your back. Pull your stomach in, rounding your back a bit, and hold the position for some seconds. Several other complementary therapies are also effective in curing lower back pain during pregnancy.
I am posting this question for my wife, we are planning to do cervical cerclage for her, we would like to know the cost of it.
I wanna reduce my weight wat should I do to reduce it after having a healthy food as I'm breastfeeding my 4 months old baby. Increased weight of my body is giving me too much of pains after sitting long time I get leg n back pain n after waking up in mor my feet pains so much tat I can't stand for half n hr.
Hello, I had sex with my girlfriend today unfortunately the condom was torn when we checked after the sex so I doubt the sperm would have entered and also now I would like to know how we can check if she is becoming pregnant and also if yes how we can stop it from entering late stages we do not want any troubles, thank you for your help.
mai bahut patli dubli hu takriban 1 sal se apna elaj karati hu lekin tandrusti me koi khas ejafa dikhao ni deta kai tarah k blood test aur x ray bhi hua sab kuch normol hai lekin tandrusti ni banti hai please help me.
Hastmatun krne ke bad hath bina dhoye ager me apni gf ke sath fingering karu toh isse koi pregnancy ka koi khatra toh ni h na?
According to recent statistics only 40% of Indian women opt for preventive health check. Majority resort to self medication and ignore the signs and symptoms of a major illness. Ignorance and neglect leads to complications and fatality. It is important that every woman understands the importance of her health and prevention. Given below are some aspects that ever women needs to consider and implement:
- Physical examination every 2 to 3 years.
- Breast check- to identify early signs of breast cancer. Mammography- every 1 to 2 years after the age of 40 years.
- Screening for thyroid should be done at regular intervals.
- Screening for diabetes- every 3 years after the age of 45 years.
- Screening for cholesterol and blood pressure - every 5 years after the age of 35 years to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Women should undergo screening for osteoporosis. Bone mineral density test helps to identify problems early and treatment should be started to prevent fractures.
- Eye examination is essential after every 1 year to prevent eye related problems.
- PAP Smear test - Women at the age of 21 to 30 should undergo a pap smear test every 3 years. This is an essential test for checking cervical cancer. After the age of 30 years. PAP smear+ HPV test should be done every 5 years.
- Screening for ovarian cancer- a vaginal ultrasound is recommended to patients with a family history of cancer in ovary or any pelvic pain should undergo this test.
Consult for any abnormality:
Most importantly if you detect any abnormality in your body it is essential that you consult a doctor immediately. Ignoring or neglecting the signs and symptoms can complicate matters.
Hi, my periods where on 7th march, took ipill on 13th march and 24th march got withdrawal bleeding for 3days, now I am 8days late for my period. Took blood test negative I m really worried pls help me
Hi. I am a 26 year old female, who is suffering from pcos and undergoing ayurvedic treatment for that. While masturbating, I get pain in my lower abdomen and not able to get excited fully. Is this a cause for my periods delay? Also, during periods I have stomach ache and blood cramps with heavy bleeding. Suggest me a remedy.
My period date was 17 of this month but m still not on my periods, m getting scared now, on ma last period first day only I had sex with my boyfriend with out condom, but aft my periods got over we had sex lot of time but we always used condom only the day I was on periods n very first day itself we didn't used condom he didn't cum also inside me, but every single time after that we used condom but from last 4-5 days m having sings periods like stomach pain nall but m not getting periods please doctor please help me out tell me why it's happening n how to get out of this please doctor please.
Recently I got pregnant but all of sudden when go for 1st ultrasound then got to know there is no pulse then went for D&C as it was my 8 week pregnancy. But after D&C got to know some product left inside and there is some fibroids but it's now 30 days of abortion and till I didn't get my period as I got bleeding in the morning day b4 yesterday for 10 min there is nothing. So pls help or suggest what to do. How to cure.
Hi my wife loss two pregnancies at 7th month doctor's are told there is no problem. Please tell me what should we do?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!