Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini DathYour feedback matters!
Hi my daughter is 2 months old and I breastfeed her after sucking for few minutes she sleeps while feeding and I don 't understand whether her stomach is full or not, so since last few days i've started pumping my milk through a manual machine n feeding her will it decrease the supply of my breast milk? please help me.
Irregular periods cycle after my delivery. Babies are not alive. They were born on 28th april 2016. My last periods was on 19sep and this mnth it is today 13th october. My periods are not clear also. Another problem we tried to conceiving next baby this month but we could not conceive. How will we conceive and why periods are irregular?
Some women may wear cotton and some satin. What is obvious here is which one of the two women are more comfortable. Even if the woman who is dressed in satin has a much shorter dress than the woman wearing cotton, the skin of the woman wearing cotton will still breathe a lot better. Therefore, it can be said that it is not the length of the clothing you wear as compared to the material you are wearing, which dictates how well you breathe. This is because certain fabrics allow sweat to evaporate while others block skin pores.
Here are the fabrics, which allow sweat to evaporate and do not block skin pores:
- Cotton: There are a number of natural varieties of cotton. Cotton blends are one of those, which might not be very helpful, but 100% cotton fabric is. Seersucker and madras cotton are also easy to breathe in. Dry summers and humid conditions make cotton clothes ideal.
- Linen: Linen is another natural fiber, which absorbs moisture well. Since linen is lightweight, it is also a fabric which helps your skin breathe.
- Light variants of silk: The light variants of silk allow your skin to breathe since it dries quickly and is highly absorbent. Silk is also a fabric, which is least likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Chambray: Chambray is an alternative to denim and is a breathable one as well.
There are also fabrics which you should avoid in summer when your skin needs to breathe. They are.
- Satin: Satin as mentioned earlier is thick and heavy and does not allow someone to breathe well.
- Nylon: Nylon does not absorb sweat well and is also water repellant. This means that it will trap sweat within your clothes and will make you feel uncomfortable.
- Polyester: Polyester is very similar to nylon in that it makes sweat stick in between your body and your garment.
- Rayon or viscose: Rayon or viscose is often passed off as cotton. However, it's not as good as cotton, even though it is not as bad as polyester or nylon.
Dear Doctor, I got married one month back, my wife has nt got the periods yet, we have done pregnancy test on the 40th day, it was negative. Could you please tell us what ll be d reason.
Hi Doctor I am 26 (2016) years old and trying to conceive. I was diagnosed with PCOD in 2009 and was given Krimson 35 for three months I got my periods regularly but had many side effects stopped medication and practiced yoga diet and had regular periods. I got married in 2013 and from oct 2014 trying for baby. We used only withdrawal method for pregnancy during early days no medicationThen I started trying to get pregnant in oct 2014 and after three months jan 2015 went to doctor and took test ultrasound and all. All test came normal and I had cyst only in right ovaries. Doc asked me to take duphaston 10mg from 24th day of the cycle and have contact from 14-24 by I miss understood and took duphaston from 14-24 for four cycles. I went o doc again she asked to stop all medicines as you took it in wrong dates it would have confused hormones. Doc said you try for one year reduce weight (i am 150 cm 54 kgs) diet and come after a year. She told take folic and glycomet tried for four monthly cycles were irregular 36 day 39 days like thatThen my husband went to onsite from sep 2015 - dec 2015i did not take any medicine then. My periods were irregular then also. Since he came back on dec I went to doc she agin told have duphaston for 2 cycle (from 24th day for 1 week) and come. I had for one cycle got my periods thought from jan 2016 I will try for 6 months with folic acid alone and then go to doc. Jan 11 was start date of the cycle now it is feb 26, it is 47 days of the cycle. No periods negative test. I had single drop of blood on 31 and 32 days fo this cycle I am doing yoga for 1 hour daily and gym for 30 mins. My questions are1. Can I still be pregnant? 2. What could be reason for this confusion3. I stopped taking glycomet 850 and had only folic acid could that cause this delayed periods? 4. What are the next steps I should do5. How long does duphaston tablet have effects in our body. Will no taking that cause delayed periods.
• Cut down salt (common table salt) intake in your diet to avoid hypertension. Intake should not exceed more then 2 to 2.5 gm a day.
• Avoid foods rich in cholesterol: ground nut oil, ghee, butter, whole milk, eggs, lard (fats derived from pig meat), tallow (fats derived from goat or sheep mutton) – all non-vegetarian food contain cholesterol in varied amount.
• Avoid non-vegetarian food especially red meat.
• Increase intake of foods that contain PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids): flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, sesame oil, olive oil. As all oils are high in fats, its consumption should be limited. The intake of oils should not exceed 20gms a day.
• Sesame oil and almond oil hinders the absorption of LDL (low-density lipoproteins), so it is advisable to use replace other cooking oils by sesame oil.
• Increase your intake of water.
• Consume whole grain cereals and whole pulses.
• Take high fiber diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables etc.
• Cut down the intake of sugar and other sweeteners.
• Avoid fat-rich portions of flesh foods. Instead have lean meat.
• Avoid fat-rich desserts and fried snacks like cakes, pastries, puddings etc
• Instead of frying food boil, steam, grill or roast food.
• Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks, junk food – pizza, burgers etc.
• Consume food rich in magnesium.
– Nuts and sea food, green leafy vegetables, sea plants like Japanese sea plants, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds.
• Increase intake of vitamin C, it maintains the elasticity and integrity of the artery walls.
– Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, vegetables- cabbage, broccoli, tubers- potatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Increase calcium intake:-
– milk and sea food, nuts- ground nuts, walnut, almond and cashew nuts; green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits like - custard apple and banana.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
Good morning, last month I got pregnancy, Every day I have fever and headache. Please give solution for above problem.
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea.
Postmenopausal women taking calcium and vitamin D supplements had improved lipid profiles compared with those taking placebo as per a new study.
In an analysis of data from the Women?s Health Initiative, the level of LDL cholesterol was lower by an average of 4.46 mg/dL in the women on active treatment reported Peter F. Schnatz, DO, of Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania in the journal menopause.
In addition, higher concentrations of 25?hydroxyvitamin D3 (25(OH)D3) were associated with higher levels of HDL cholesterol and lower levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
Dear Doctors, Last month Feb 16, I had unprotected sex with my BF, and I took postpone72 tablet, And also I had my periods on Feb24 as normal, But this month, till now my periods not happening and I following a healthy diet Please help me, Is this effect of tablet or? Now I am ready for pregnant. Kindly suggest.
Hi Dr. I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. I just to know without any scan or consulting a Dr. How would I able to know that my pregnancy Is going normal. please help out. please specify that symptoms according to the number of week pregnancy.
Fish helps to improve brain function by restoring memory.
Dark chocolates facilitate brain to create serotonin.
Brown rice is loaded with brain-boosting vitamins.
Whole grains are great food for the brain that keeps your brain active and fit.
Hi i am one month pregnant i was studying car driving class i completed only 2 class if there is no problem can i continue
Hi, I m 28yrs married women, Doctor prescribed me to take Deviry 10 mg tablet till 10 days and after that my monthly periods start this is for to regulate my monthly menstrual cycle, My question is from last 9 days I was taking Deviry tablet 10 mg & yesterday night we have done unprotected sex and today I have to take last tablet, then can I take it or not because I want to conceive, is it any problem for conceiving, if I take that last Deviry tablet today or not, please help me.
Scratching a mosquito bite is your body’s response to the saliva that the female mosquito leaves behind after sucking your blood. Itching a mosquito bite inflames and irritates the skin further, causing your immune system to try even harder to fight off the foreign substance (mosquito saliva). This, consequently, results in more inflammation, and an itchy bump that refuses to go away.
Excessive scratching should be avoided as it can cause your skin to break and leave behind a scar called dermatofibroma. This small ball-shaped scar mark can appear wherever the mosquito bites. You can also end up with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is basically a brown spot that appears on your skin when you scratch a lot. Further, scratching a mosquito bite can also lead to infection as bacteria from under your fingernails get injected into the bite, thereby infecting it.
Instead of scratching the mosquito bite, here are 2 ways to get respite from the itch, while avoiding the damage that it can cause to your skin.
1. Rub it with lemon
Lemon (or lime) contains citric acid, which has itch relieving properties. The next time a mosquito bites you, cut up a lemon into pieces and rub a piece gently on the affected area. You can even squirt some lemon juice on the bite to relieve itching.
2. Apply vaporub on the itchy area
Rubbing vaporub on your skin is another way to stop the itch. It contains ingredients like peppermint, eucalyptus oil or menthol, which possess itch-relieving properties. Moreover, the scent of a vaporub can be helpful in keeping mosquitoes away, consequently preventing mosquito bites.
The next time you feel the need to scratch a mosquito bite, don’t do so; instead try the above two alternatives for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.