Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini A SYour feedback matters!
I had problems at my jaw. It's Pain lots at night and then it's completely over on morning. I can't identify it.
My mouth is stinking and I have a bad breath problem. Please suggest a good toothpaste or any other liquid to remove bad smell from my mouth. I have a habit of smoking and eating tobacco.
I have recession in my lower teeth, what should I go for in order to prevent further recession and for strengthening and regrowth of gums so that they don't shake because I dont want to lose my teeth.
My teeth was so dirty. Even I brush regular. But it will not clean. But there is no bad smell from my mouth.
I am a paan chewer. Mu gum often swell and tooth pains when chewing. I used Hexagel, Muco pain for temporary relief. Any permanent remedy?
I am 22 year old female, I got scaling done and now I am using chlorhexidine mouthwash it's causing blackening of my teeth. Please tell me how can I whiten my teeth now and how should I use it so that it doesn't cause blackening of my teeth.
45 years old lady and having a very bad ulcer problem not only in my mouth but also in the stomach. Most of the time feel something warm in the mouth and stomach. I have completely avoid spicy food from 4 month but nothing improve. Pls let me know what should I do and what is exactly this problem called?
I am 24 year old and my teeth colour is yellow and when I touch my teeth I feel like they are not strong so am having doubt that it may effect in future. Can you give proper solution? So that I will be very much thankful.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.
A common question asked by parents about braces is at what age our kid should go for braces.
Orthodontic treatment is not just corrective. We can try to avoid malocclusion by various methods. One should take their kids for a dental check up every 6 months. Sometimes it is possible to do a little bit of treatment like extraction of milk tooth to avoid malaligned teeth.
If one has developed irregular teeth or forwardly placed teeth, the kid has to wait till all milk teeth fall. It is easy to put braces with that. Sometimes we have to remove milk teeth if it is not gelling at the right time.