Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shakila SiddhaYour feedback matters!
I am dharam, 33 years old, single, working in creative field (television serials making), facing anxiety disorder. Felt as if will lose something. That causing low confidence also at times and results lack of interest at work.
My mother is 46 year old and she have diabetes. She use to take medicine 3 times a day but diabetes is not in control what medicine she should take?
Actually I have some skin problem. There are some round red rashes on my left leg. Etching is also happens. What should I do. I think it's spreading also. What should I do doctor.
I am a 18years old male and have some hair lose from last two months what should I do please help me.
My wife aged 28 has undergone a surgery to remove a chocolate cyst of size 6-7 cm in n diameter around 10 days ago. What are the chances of occurrence of chocolate cyst (endometriosis) again according to scientific evidence? If next time, we monitor the recurrence by regular sonographical checkups every 3 or 6 months to avoid any more surgeries in future, can we prevent or curb the growth of endometriosis before its grows?
Hi, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? What are chances of missing my next periods (of june) since the timespan between the act and periods was just 6 days? Im having pain in breasts. Should I get sonography done? After how many days of sexual act can a sonography show? Please help.
I am 22 year old and I having so many pimples on my face from four to five years can you give me some advise.
Im 21years old. I have irregular periods. After consulting doctor and after ultra sound I found a problem that I have vital pood. Doctor said that it is pcod and gave cycloset syrup iam using syrup since 3 months but there is no result my last period was on dec 21st till now there is no period. Please suggest me correct solution for my problem. Iam getting facial hair n hair loss. Suggest me some medicine and what is vital pood? Is it pcod or any thing else? Thank you.
I have leftover marks of acnes, which popped up as side effects of steroids (prednisolone) Prescribed by an haematologist Please suggest some remedy for that Is it okay to try NoMarks cream?
If we take the most important five aspects of daily routine, we end up with the following
1. Rest - Nidra
2. Relationship - Maithunam
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama
4. Nutrition - Aaharam
5. Work - Nitya karma
1. Rest - Nidra: Sleep is the process through which we rejuvenate, repair and revive our system. This is the time our body and mind goes through repair and rebuilding. Best time: Sleep between 9 and 10 pm gives maximum quality. To sleep a gentle exercise is good before an early dinner. Foot massage in the evening also aids deep sleep. The direction of the head: Head should be directed to east or south to optimise sleep. This is to do with the magnetic fields of our body and that of the earth. The position of the bedroom: This should be decided based on Vastu Shaastra principles. Feng Shui is the Chinese version of Indian Vastu Shaastra. Signs of good sleep: One feels refreshed and energised after a good sleep. Sleep is peaceful and is mostly unaware of dreams. One feels positive and happy after a good sleep. There won't be puffy eyes, headaches, sinus congestion, the heaviness of the body, tiredness, aches and pain etc in the morning.
2. Relationship - Maithunam: Our relationship with nature, society, family, colleagues and ourselves is important in building a healthy life. The first two limbs of yoga discuss this. A sexual relationship is also given importance in Ayurveda treatises as it is the most physical and intimate act of a relationship. General rules include -use aphrodisiacs, reduce the frequency in summer, sickness, low energy conditions and focus more on quality rather than quantity. The most important of all is how you relate yourself. This includes how much you value, respect and love yourself, how you talk to yourself etc.
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama: When? Exercise is best performed before eating. This prevents the formation of toxins in the system. It is never done soon after eating and just before eating or sleeping. It should be 2-3 hours after eating a normal meal. How much? Exercise is done until one’s half strength is used. Over exercise results in depletion and permanent damage of the body. Reduce the intensity and duration during summer, but you may perform it to your maximum capacity during cold seasons. What type? Strengthening and stretching in symmetry in the right combination for your bodily requirements.
4. Nutrition - Aaharam: Here we will discuss the scientific way of eating. Nutrition - Aharam: Are you just what you eat? In Ayurveda, the proper transformation of food into healthy tissue is based on the strength of the digestive fire (agni). The assimilation of nutrients and elimination of wastes is largely dependent on the efficiency of the digestive fire. So, Ayurveda believes you are what you assimilate. Perfect digestion creates radiant health and strong immunity. Unbalanced digestive fire leads to the improper transformation of food into toxins, the basis of all disease. Signs of perfect digestion: Clear, smooth skin; bright, clear eyes; balanced moods; regular and healthy appetite; absence of gastric disturbances and other diseases; glossy hair; light, flexible body; deep, refreshing sleep; abundant energy and vitality; positive attitude and lifestyle habits.
Signs of poor digestion Irregular appetite; frequent indigestion; weight loss / gain; coating of tongue; blotchy, dry or oily skin; lifeless hair; dull eyes; bloated abdomen with cramps / gas; undigested food in stool, dark or cloudy urine; disturbed sleep that isn't refreshing; excess mucous; body pains; gastrointestinal disorders and general fatigue. How did I get poor digestion? The following are some of the factors that contribute towards a weak digestion. By guarding against these you can prevent and treat most illnesses:
-Taking the wrong foods at the wrong time, in the wrong amount, in the wrong way or in a negative mental or physical environment. The most common dietary indiscretion in developed countries is overeating causing a phenomenon known as 'the under-nutrition of over-consumption'
-Premature stimulation, suppression or failure to attend to the body's natural urges such as thirst, hunger, urination, defecation, sleep, passing flatus and sneezing.
-Taking cold drinks or foods such as ice cream.
-Taking synthetic prescription / recreational drugs.
-Exposure to external toxins such as air pollutants, chemical beauty products and perfumes.
-Prolonged emotional strain such as stress, grief, anger and denial.
Optimise your nutrition: By practicing the following tips you will create perfect digestion. Remember to eat your liquids and drink your solids!
1. BEFORE EATING
Am I really hungry? It is best to eat only when you are really hungry and when the previous meal has been fully digested (roughly 5 hours).
Do I need to go to the toilet first? It is recommended to empty one’s bowels and bladder before eating. It is a sign of ill health to empty one's bowels immediately after eating.
Did I wash my hands, face & feet? Simple hygiene is important to avoid illness. Avoid taking a full shower or swim within three hours after eating as it draws the circulation away from the digestion.
2. DURING EATING
Am I in congenial surroundings? Good company, conversation, and surroundings are conducive to a contented mind, which assists proper digestion.
Did I express my gratitude? This may be in the form of a prayer to a higher power or at least to the people who helped to provide the meal.
Am I rushing? Eat at a moderate speed, taking care to chew each mouthful at least 10-20 times.
Am I appreciating this meal? Take time to appreciate the sound, the aroma, the texture, appearance and the taste of the food.
Do I need a drink? Small quantities of warm drinks encourage efficient absorption, elimination and the action of the digestive fire.
3. AFTER EATING
Am I satisfied? It is important to remember that the stomach is only the size of a fist. In order to avoid over eating make it a practice to fill your stomach half with solid food, a quarter with liquids and leave the remaining one-quarter empty for space to circulate to aid digestion.
One should avoid heavy labour, exercise or mental work for at least thirty minutes after eating.
A slow walk for five minutes is advised. Sleep is best avoided for three hours after eating as this causes the formation of toxins.
However, one may lie on the left side for up to fifteen minutes. A yoga poses known as Vajrasana is a good sitting posture to aid digestion.
The ideal diet: An ideal meal in Ayurvedic nutrition has all the following qualities:
-Fresh, locally grown, seasonal and organic ingredients.
-Consists of dishes with all the six flavours.
-Consists of four or more textures.
-Has a good balance between heavy and light, moist and dry, cooked and raw, cooling and heating foods.
-Suitable to the climate, the constitution of the eater, lifestyle and the condition of the body.
-Appears tastes and smells delicious.
-Prepared lovingly in hygienic conditions.
-There are complementary proteins such as rice & dhal.
-Heavier foods should be eaten earlier in the meal and lighter foods towards the end.
-Cooking in healthy earthen, ceramic, bronze, copper or stainless steel vessels.
-In general, avoid alcohol, meat, yeast, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks, tobacco, refined sugar, white flour, additives, preservatives and canned food.
-Eaten with full awareness.
-Big meals only are eaten before 6 pm.
If your digestive fire is the sluggish boost it by the following.
Before eating: 15 minutes before eating try the following recipe. Mix half a tsp grated ginger with half a tsp. lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt. After eating: Chew one teaspoon of equal parts of fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, black pepper and rock sugar.
Fasting: Fasting is often the most effective way to purify your body of toxins. In Ayurveda, fasts are tailored according to the individual's degree of toxic accumulation, their strength, and specific imbalance. To maintain health one is advised to have a cleansing tea fast or a warm water fast one day a fortnight in order to give the digestive system a rest, to re-establish proper eating habits and to expel accumulated toxins. A complete fasting is successfully done only in a stress-free environment.
A mental purification is followed at the same time, which involves silence other than prayers or affirmations, avoiding exposure to television, radio or noise and adherence to the principles of honesty, celibacy, cleanliness and service to others. Heavy mental and physical exertion are avoided at this time, however, short walks in nature and self-massage are considered highly beneficial.
Eat to live: Once you have purified your body and established healthy eating habits nutrition should be easy to maintain. Obsessively worrying about your diet or feeling remorse after dietary indiscretion sets up a self-destructive pattern. We are not 'living to eat' but we also have to be careful that we don't feed the disease. By slowly incorporating these Ayurvedic principles into your life the benefits experienced should be incentive enough to follow them with ease.
5. Work - Nitya karma: Work is based on your constitution. Earth (rectangular, heavy-boned, solid looking) people are natural hands-on, managerial, admin people who are designed to do a repetitive style of work. Water types (soft, rounded, curvaceous, large-eyed) ones are HR managers, listeners, carers, nurses, hospitable people. Fire types (angular, triangular, muscular) people are designed to challenging, radically transformative, fast, precise, competitive jobs. Air types (small, light, thin, small in shape) are performers, teachers, pop musicians, multi-taskers, quick-learners, and communicators. Either types (tall, slender, thin, long limbs and fingers/toes) are thinkers, philosophers, scientists, guides, and meditators.
I'm a 19 year old girl. My height is 4'11 but I'm not skinny nor fat. My body is perfect. I'm still a virgin. But my partner is not. My partner's height is 6'2 and his fully erected penis is 8.6 inches. We have a huge height gap between us. Can a 4'11 short heighten woman fully take in a 8.6 penis inside her vagina? Won't sex be difficult due to our huge height gap? What are the best sex positions for a 4'11 short heighten woman with a 6'2 tall man? Please advice.
Hiii my hair are. Too thin and small please tell me what should I do toh make them thik and long please give me best solution.
I am very weak. I do not feel energetic throughout the day. I also do exercise in morning, then also I don't feel energetic. What should I do.
My last menstruation date was on 20.7.2016. Already I had done 2 times preg test. It was negative. .today when I hav done this test a light pink line is appeared besides a dark line. What should I do now. I am eagerly awaited for my conceive.
Stress is a condition in which we feel frustrated, angry or worried and anxious due to circumstances we find ourselves in. Stress also takes the form of different diseases in your body, if it is left untreated.
Even when you are faced with the same situations, it can cause a different stress response in different people. In homeopathy, mental symptoms of the patient are analytically checked. Homeopathy first identifies the root cause, and the treatment approach differs based on this finding. Usually, the understanding of both the psycho and the physiological profile of the patient are combined, with the psychological profile being given more importance.
Here is a list of valid reasons why choosing homeopathy for stress treatment
1. Identifying the cause
Homeopathic medicines are not designed to suppress the symptoms and offer superficial relief. They work towards restoring the vitality of the body as a whole so that the body can itself combat with the diseases. Similar is the case for stress. Homeopathic medications address the underlying issues that cause stress and, therefore, they help you in dealing with your medical condition more effectively and permanently.
2. Symptom-based treatment
Homeopathy recognizes the uniqueness of the various symptoms and responses associated with stress.
For instance: homeopathic medicines for stress, when the cause of stress is grief (eg: losing a dear one) is Ignatia and natrum mur; whereas the medicines for stress, when stress is caused due to 'long and stressful work hours' is kali phos.
3. In-depth research
Homeopathy treatment is based on in-depth research to ascertain the factors that are responsible for your stress and deal with your condition accordingly.
Your brain is just another organ operating on the same biochemical principles as or heart or thyroid or liver. We experience feelings, positive or negative, at the cellular level - scientifically, it is no more than a complex interaction of chemicals and electrical activity.
The approach of homeopathy is more specific and, therefore, more effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.