Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh Av RaoYour feedback matters!
Every couple of days I have as they call it (migraine) a very hard headache I used the usual medicine (panadol) but nothing happened what I must take or do to kill this headache pain please help me doctors.
I am 23 years male, suffering from migraine headache from last 3 yrs, used many medicines, but no use till, is there any solution to avoid those pains. Pls help me sir.
I am experiencing numbness in my legs after I sit for too long, but I am overweight too.What should i do?
Sir, My age is 50 and I am having problem of cervical. Doctor said cervical nerve is somewhat blocked. Now I am getting jerks in left shoulder for 20-30 minutes. Then it stops. Again it get start after 2-3 hours. Please help. Tell what to do. Or tell home remedy to stop this. Or tell ayurvedic remedy? Please help.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine (learn about the exercises for spine). These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees (know more about the Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain). Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines.
I am 50 years of age male. I feel sleepy always at any point of time. It is a problem with me since my child hood. While driving or travelling or talking or studying I feel sleepy and feel embarrassed among others. I am a normal human being, non-diabetic, no blood pressure, cholesterol level is almost normal excepting LDL i.e.129 (as per last report 15 days back ). I am very active, go for regular exercise, yoga to keep me fit. Pl. Suggest me to over come this problem. I also want to add that I never face sleeplessness during night even after drowzing hours of 3 to 4 every day. Is it a neurological disorder? Pl. Suggest.
My father is suffering from Ataxia or parkinson. Can you please tell me whether he can be treated or not or treatment with stem cell is possible as his condition is not so good. His age is 65 years and following symptoms:- involuntary eye movements cannot speak cannot walk cannot eat and totally on bed from past 2 years. His disease started with trembling in hands past 13 years and then goes on increasing and then difficulty in walking started and then with no control on his speech and thereafter he started forgetting present things but remembering past and then slightly his conditions worsened and now he is completely on bed without any movement and not able to speak. He yawns properly but can't open his mouth for eating. He feels pains and have some sensitivity left and open his eyes but does not speak. Please help us if there is any treatment possible.
I am 25 year and suffering from migraine from last 2 years I have gone through many doctors but they can't care of it. What should I do to control it?
My father is a paralyzed men. And he is 45 years old. His mouth smells bed even he Brushes 3 time a day. What should he do. Please suggest.
I experience numbness in my hands & legs early in the morning. Also suffer from backache and shoulder pain. Pls advise.
I am 24 year old, I have migraine headache left part of my forehead, the pain start to begin from the morning 8.a.m. And it continuously going on increased till 1.p.m after that the pain slowly vanished. I have done all type of remedies, I took lot of medicines but they didn't work. Please tell me what to do?
My hand shivers all the time and it become tremendous when I got nervous, though I am only 22 years old. Is there any remedy to cure it?
What are the causes of facial nerve problem and bell's palsy and what is the solution cure from these?
Do you have any symptoms like snoring, interrupted sleep, unrefreshened sleep, morning headaches, daytime sleepiness etc, if yes it further supports the diagnosis.
It is a condition characterised by obstruction of upper airway especially during sleep due to lax airway and narrowing of airway due to obesity.
Basically, obstruction of upper airway leads to temporary stoppage of respiration, increased sympathetic drive and increased pulse rate. Also, other reason for pulse rate rise is deconditioning as you are not accustomed to activities.
ENT examination if you have any symptoms of nasal stuffiness, recurrent tonsillitis to rule nasal causes of obstruction.
Thyroid function test
Lipid profile and sugar, hba1c
Polysomnography which is sleep study to confirm the diagnosis and extent of disease, pressure of cpap needed.
In treatment, first thing weight loss. You need to have low fat, calorie diet in order to loose weight. Cure for this is weight loss.
Secondly, cpap which is mask and device, and pressure during inspiration and expiration during sleep in order keep your airways patent and avoid this from happening.
Also, regular exercises is very important. Chest physiotherapy and yoga will be helpful.