Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh A V RaoYour feedback matters!
I am a 26 year old male. Working as a software engineer. My day routine is sitting job. From past 3 weeks, while working, I feel some tingling in my right hand thumb and forefinger and it get stops, when my attention goes towards that. Also, from past 3 days, I feel little heavyness in my right hand thumb.
I am 30 year old male. I have pain in left parts of body. My both legs and hand shivered. I felt something like current in fingers. I feel contraction and me left leg and hand got sleepy. What should I do now?
How to know that if a person has fits and what are the symptoms for it ,did there is any total cure for it?
My wife, 66 years, suffered a intracerebral brain hemorrhage stroke more than a year ago. She is not under any medication for this other than her regular drugs for diabetics and hypertension. She still feels numbness around her right cheeks and continues to feel bitter taste in her saliva. Is this a common phenomena as some doctors say? Is there any medicine that can help to improve without much side effects? (She is too sensitive to most of the common medications.)
Having migraine problem from few months every time I go outside in Sunlight I get paining in my lower brain and sometime even worse and I can't concentrate on anything studies and cannot able to remember things properly.
I am 51 yr. Old female. For 2 weeks, sometimes my left hands' thumb will be jerking for a few seconds. Is this any symptom of any disease? this happens most of the days 3 or more times. Why is this happens? shall I take care of any things or take any medicine?
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes behind migraine
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- 4 Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
The role of Homeopathy is to break the recurrence of the headaches and cure them completely.
For which we need to understand what allopathic pain killers do and what constitutional Homeopathic treatment do
With Constitutional Homeopathic Treatment the frequency, intensity and duration of migraine attacks goes down and the things which generally are able to precipitate migraine , if are not able to, then only it can be claimed to be cured.
The role of pain killers and antacids are basically to tide over the acute phase or provide comfort for the time being.
That is why the coming together of Allopathy, to control acute attack and Homeopathy, to cure it completely, will prove to be a new form of synthesis which will be a boon for the society.
I sometimes got vibration in my heart and body and I have remembering problem too. What should I do?
Sir, My age is 50 and I am having problem of cervical. Doctor said cervical nerve is somewhat blocked. Now I am getting jerks in left shoulder for 20-30 minutes. Then it stops. Again it get start after 2-3 hours. Please help. Tell what to do. Or tell home remedy to stop this. Or tell ayurvedic remedy? Please help.
My father age is 65 he is suffering from parkinson. His health going down day by day he take levodopa 4 to 6 times in a day. He is also so impatient please suggest how can we care him.
I am 62 year, male, 5' 8'ht, 75 kg wt, had a brain tumour (parasagital meningioma) operated in 2004. I am leading perfectly healthy life with daily exercise, yoga n pranayam for 30-40 mnts. But my hands, fingers have started shivering. Kindly advise.
I am 64 yrs having sugar, bp and cholesterol, taking medications. Please of late having problem while walking causing imbalance. Please ct scan of brain done - no probs - report says - please age related cerebral and celebellar atrophy. Done some physio, but no improvement, your valued opinion solicited.
I have been suffering from fever since yesterday and also feel headache and shivering. What to do? Please help me.
Two years back while undergoing routine medical examination, I was told by the hospital that there is less oxygen supply to brain resulting in a minute clot like thing which was medically described as Ischemia. Now and then I have slurred speech (not regular incapacitation) and on the advise of a doctor I have stopped all medications which I was taking for almost a year and half prescribed by another neurologist. Can you please give clarity on this aspect.
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.