Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Radial Karatotoma operation was done in 1994. More than 20 years passed , but my vision decreasing regulary .In May 14 , my left eye was cataract operated , in that eye vision is decreasing . I read that rk incisions never heals . Is there any remedy available to improve vision or stop decreasing trend . Please suggest me if possible . I shall be highly obliged .
I get sooo much headache and my so much water coming from my eyes? I can't see long distances clearly?
I am suffering from myopia shud I go for the lens or can I go for a permanent solution DAT s operation, which is safe?
I am 20 year guy. I am using spectacles from past 7 years. I want to get rid of it. But my number is not varying. So can I prefer laser treatment ?
I want to ask a question that I am suffering from a disease called myopia so it is compulsory to wear concave glasses all the time.
I have an red eye over an 10 days! And little bi pain in it. What should I will do for it please help me doctor?
I have red eyes over 3 days and feel uncomfortable. I also feels fever. Which medicine should I use?
Hi dear doctor I have allergies and my eyes are affected the most my eyes are very red and my nose is also red and my left eye and right eyes are red what should I do for these. Please suggest me. Dhanyawaad.
I have irritation in my right eye. Irritation occurs once or twice a day. I tried sterile drops but it is not helping.
Hello sir I have eye sight problem. I don't use specs or something else and I dont want to use in future also. But my eyesight is too weak. So if there any medicines or something else to improve my eyesight? please help.
One of the most common ailments that affect elders the most is cataract. Cataract develops gradually and can occur in one or both eyes and if not treated in time can cause blindness. Most cataracts are not visible to the naked eye, but in some cases, a dense cataract can make the pupil appear white. A cataract can be defined as a dense, cloudy build up of protein masses on the eye lens. This obstructs the light falling on the retina and does not allow the retina to form a clear image.
Advancing in age is one of the most common causes of cataracts. Along with this, there are several other factors that play a role in the development of cataracts as well. These include smoking,exposure to ultraviolet radiation, long term use of steroids, trauma, radiation therapy and diabetes. Anything that triggers an overproduction of chemically altered oxygen molecules in the body can increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Hypertension and a family history of cataracts can also put you at a higher risk of developing cataracts. Poor nutrition or a diet that is deficient in antioxidants can also put you at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Cataracts can be categorized on the basis of where and how they develop in the eye. This categorization is based on location:
- Nuclear Cataract: These develop in the middle of the lens and turn the center of the eye yellow. Nuclear cataracts are typically associated with aging.
- Cortical cataract: These develop around the edges of the nucleus and are wedge shaped. Gradually, spokes emitted from these wedges work themselves towards the center of the eye.
- Posterior capsular cataract: These are among the faster growing cataracts and develop at the back of the lens.They are also known as subcapsular cataracts. Cataracts triggered by diabetes or the prolonged use of steroids usually fall in this category.
Categorization based on how they develop:
- Congenital cataract: These are present at birth or develop within the first year of a baby's life. Congenital cataracts are rare.
- Secondary cataract: These are triggered as a side effect of medications or diseases like glaucoma and diabetes. Prolonged use of steroids like prednisone can also lead to the development of such cataracts.
- Traumatic cataract: Cataract that is developed as a result of an injury to the eye is known as traumatic cataracts. They have a very slow rate of development.
- Radiation cataract: It develops as a side effect of radiation therapy used to treat cancer.