Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja PatilYour feedback matters!
My tooth are having cavities and I wanted to cure it. I want all my 32 tooth in a good condition. please help.
Dear sir I am 23 years old my 12 teeth got damaged so i am suffering with that problem, please help me.
I am having some problem with my that. Some time some smell comes in my mouth. And I am getting some pain by my mouth. Please help me Thanks yiu.
My child is 1.5 years and from 3 days I am observing the incisors on the upper jaw being chipped. I see a little whitening also on those teeth. I am a bit worried. What can be the problem?
Am suffering from dental problem my teeth are yellow and sticky material on teeth am using colgate plzz advise me.
Sir I have a new braces what are some precautions I should take. Its panning a lot how should I cure from that.
I am suffering with bad breath from long time, I consulted dentist and had scaling but even after no cure from bad breath and dentist said that I don't have any tooth problems. Now which specialist should I consult for my bad breath problem? Please suggest me.
My front lower jaw two tooths are missing, I want to implant 2 tooths. Please suggest me a dentist. Also tell me what will be the whole price for implant? Full cost for dental implant.
I am 21 years old male in 2013 I took a treatment for dental for arranging my teeth in order and as they are looking forward and I have the treatment for 2 years and then doctor gave a cap to keep while sleeping and he suggested to keep it for 1 years for better result, but I am keeping it now also as I am getting pain if I am not keeping it for one day also, so what can I do shall I continue to keep the cap in the night time or anything like please?
I have mouth ulcer problems. Due to which I am unable to eat any food and it gives me tremendous amount of pain. So kindly suggests any solutions for me.
I have mouth ulcers problem since childhood, I am 31 years old. Constipation or acidity could be one cause as I face them too occasionally. What could be ultimate solution to this problem or whom should I refer.?
I am 45 years old male My teeth was sensitive. Kindly suggest me what to do and what not to do. And give home level remedy to treat this problem.
I have a bad breath. Stinks a lot wot should I do can't even talk to people. Even I du brush my teeth daily. Wot shud I du.?
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.