Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
My left eye is little small than the right and gets stressed sometimes. It is any disease? How can I get it on normal size?
I'm having darkcircle below my eyes. What are the symptoms of it nd how it can be cure as early as possible. Please tell me I'm having it last 4-5mnth.
What is difference in intermittent exotropia with "good control" and exophoria? Are they same? On cover test intermittent exotropia with good controlled person show same type of deviation like in exophoria. Then what is difference between "exophoria" and "intermittent exotropia with good control"
Respected Dr. I am 28 years old having specs I just want to remove it Improve my vision please Suggest. Exercise or Food or medicine for it.
I have checked doctor recently and he says that it should be weired for life long is their any other way to reduce by eye site?
I am 18 year old . My mum from now onwards suffering from back ache and shoulder pain . I can't see her like this .Its really not good .so please provide me a better solution for this.
My son is having a severe pain in his head. He did check up on his eyes and the grade of left is 400 plus the right is 125. Is it possible from that grade that's why his puking ad having so much pain in his head? Thanks & pls reply.
I feel itching in my eyes in every summer & eyes gets red. It feels like dust or anything in eyes. Eyes feels watery. Water comes out There is no problem of vision I can see clearly But why eyes gets red everyday.
Sir I am suffering pain in my half right head some time because of pain I can not open my eyes I just like darkness please help.
Hello everybody, I am Dr Charu Tyagi. Today I will talk about Computer vision syndrome.
Computer has become part and parcel of our life. We are spending lot many hours on the screens. The screens are associated with some eye problems. Patients who have eye pain, redness, watery eyes, blury vision, headache often associated with long hours on computer. They are classified as Computer Vision Syndrome. So, we would like you to be spending time but have a mix and match activity when you are working on computers. Take time for breaks and look at distances.
People who have tendency to stare, who do not blink well, (we are suppose to blink 16-18 times in a minute), and who are in the AC atmosphere are more prone to Computer Vision Syndrome. Not wearing glasses is one of the important factors for headache and strain.
- People are adviced to blink 16-18 times in a minute.
- Maintain a good posture
- When feel tired, do palming
- Wash eyes
- Have proper hydration
- Follow the rule 20-20-20, which means that after every 20 minutes look at 20 feet or more and blink 20 times.
- Have your computer set 15 degrees and below your eye level. No bright light should be behind the computer
- Maximum contrast and minimum brightness in the computer setting
- Have anti-glare on your computer and anti-glare on your glasses.
- Proper lighting should be there above for proper vision and to avoid strain.
- Do not rub your eyes frequently as keyboards are the source of infection.
- Do not over wear your contact lenses as they can cause dryness in your eyes.
- Avoid kajal and soorma which are not very good for your eyes.
If you see that your symptoms are not improving then you need to see an eye specialist for the complete eye examination.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.