Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ShailajaYour feedback matters!
Since I have adopted a cap on my one of the inner teeth a foul smell usually comes. What shall I do to remove it.
Hariom. I am suffering from pain in vocal cords since last 4 months. Even normal talking gives me pain. Please guide me. Thanks.
My mouth smell is bad when awake up in morning or afternoon while moisture less on my mouth. Please suggest me.
My father is 48 Years Old. And he is suffering from a problem that he is not feeling hungry and saliva is not coming as should be come and he is going very weak. And sunlight gives him embraces and lots of problem. What should I do. He did all checkup as doctor advise but did not get any issue. please if you have any advise then please let me know.
I am from kochi. I were born and brought up in rajasthan because of that my tooth are become yellow lines. Flurosis. So whts the treatment.
My teeth get pain when I eat ice cream . And cool drinks . Some time its bleed .bad small also coming please tell me what I do?
I am 28 years old and I want to wear braces on my upper and lower teeth line. Please suggest if this is ok in this age and also the approx cost for the same. Thanks.
I am having pain at end of my right lower jaw near the right ear. Could you please suggest any medication for this?
I hav long hair but now a days it is getting tangled a lot. My hair gets a lot of knots. I could not detangle it easily. Also I use wide tooth combs only. But while detangling a lot of hair is falling off. Do I want to cut my hair in short to avoid detangling.
I have swelled gums at one of my tooth and it pains while chewing anything. Please tell me what medication I should take.
Hi, I am 38 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
Good morning doctor I am somya I am 30 year old married female and I have gums bleeding problem last five months what should I do.
I had a small accident in which my front teeth broke into half, I consulted my dentist and he had root canaled it, now he is out of town for next week. I just need to know how long does it really take to make a fake tooth cap of given measurements. I have exams in two weeks I do not want to attend them like this. please help what should I do?
I speak very fast. How I can improve it? Is any treatment is there? What is the problem in my mouth? Give me solutions.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.