Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 67 years female suffering from diabetes since last 6 years controlled with medicines. Since last 3-4 months I am suffering from uncontrolled urination. A little improvement with medicines. Last month there was slight bleeding 23 times. Yesterday the bleeding was for about 6-7 hrs and started with a clot of about 70-80gms. Now it's ok. I am in a great tension. What may be the reason and treatment. Pl. Help.
Hi, stomach is not clear now days n after pressure there is reddish sperms in last stage of urination, please suggest.
I get headache after viewing laptop for long time sitting in a room and while am in an ac environment. Please suggest solution.
My ESR is 29. Uric acid is 7.4. I am having slight head ache from time to time from past 3 days. I had fever day before yesterday, but did not experience it after that. I feel uneasy with the head ache. My typhoid report according to the doctor is on the border line. There are enough pluses in the report to suggest that this might be typhoid. However, doctor wants to observe me for a weeks time. He wants to see if the fever goes away in this time or shots up. My Billirubin levels naturally remain between 1-2. I have been cured for T.B. 9 years back. I am allergic to sparfloxacin. My urine from the past 8 days is dark yellowish early in the morning. I have to travel abroad in a months time ad have to work on australian visa. They require medical examination to be done from their own accredited hospitals. I am not sure if I should wait for one week for other symptoms to show up. Please help. This situation was a week back. My doctor started me with Ofloxacin for any threat of typhoid. I have taken doses for 5 days now. My headache still remains on and off during the day. Urine colour still unusually shows yellow. I have to travel soon. Should I just neglect this headache and hope for it to get fine by pain killers or is it an indication of something else? What tests should I get done with?
Is folic acid tablet safe to take i am m not preg the result is not positive but v t planning we are in process of having a baby so should I take?
I am suffering from dry cough for the lost 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
I had a fracture in my face 1 yeAr back due to an accident and I got the treatment for the fracture. But still the swelling in face is not got clear. So please suggest how to get rid of swelling of the bone in my face.
I have melisma in my nose due to pregancey. I want to know the best treatment. Laser will help or not? please help
I have seen a patch on my penis & the skin between my thigh & penis is itching continuously from 15 days.
As she's 44 years & reaching to menopause, can any medicine to increase libido, also to make her strong and healthy as request to take precautions.
I am a student, My head is paining for 5 days. I remember my head is never pain before, But why my head is paining during 2 days. Please suggest me which medicine is best for it?
Am a student, am doing masturbation weekly after doing it my mouth become dry and feel pain in born joints. What is the reason for this?
I have complain of abdominal pain with vomiting & fever since 5days, no history of urinary complain & constipation. Please kindly inform me how to I treat my self?
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.