Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShafinYour feedback matters!
I m 16 years old and due to playing in the sand I have got many rashes on my body please consult me what I do for it.
Kidneys play an important metabolic role and are essential for balancing salt, minerals and water in the body. They also play a significant role in removing waste products from the body. They make urine, which contains all the waste materials that are eliminated from the body. They also play an important role in blood pressure regulation and in maintaining the balance of various minerals in the body. Any suspected kidney damage should be confirmed by a kidney biopsy, which will reveal the exact disease, thereby directing towards the appropriate treatment.
Why and when is it done?
A renal or kidney biopsy is done in the following situations:
- When there is abnormal protein in the blood or urine, which is indicative of a kidney disease, and the exact cause needs to be found out
- When kidney failure is suggested by blood tests but cause is not clear
- To find the cause of bleeding in the urine (haematuria)
- To identify and/or confirm diagnosis after a CT scan or ultrasound
- To check how well a transplanted kidney has been received
Know about the procedure
A renal biopsy is mostly done as an outpatient procedure and is a type of biopsy known as percutaneous biopsy (biopsy where a needle is inserted through the skin into the renal tissue). Very rarely, it may be combined with the CT scan or ultrasound and be done in the radiology department. This may be done on inpatients. The patient is made to lie on his/her back and a local anesthetic is used on the area of the injection. A thin, long needle is directed towards the area of the kidney from where some kidney tissue is removed for sampling.
In some cases, the direction of the needle may be decided by a CT scan or ultrasound. While this is a closed biopsy procedure, in some cases, as a part of the surgery, open biopsies may also be obtained, where a sample of tissue is extracted for analysis.
Recovering from a biopsy
The person would need some time to recover from the procedure, as there would be some discomfort at the site of a needle insertion. Vital signs would be monitored for the next couple of hours during which the person would also be monitored for internal bleeding. A pain reliever can be used if required. Haematuria or blood-tinged urine can be seen disappearing within the next 12 hours. Very rarely the bleeding can be severe and require angiography and further procedures. The person should also avoid strenuous activities for the next few days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.
How to check woman having sexual relationship last six month. If any test please let me know who test name?
Even my friend also have habit of masturbation, when he feel stress, he always told me that by doing this his body and mind was not able to think as he feel tired and sleepy after this, and he feel that he is out of his stress. Please give me tips so I can help him out of his habit, because it give bad effect to his body.
Wen I was doing sex my girlfriend. My pennies skin not removed fully .Pain also there doing sex because skin not removing. HW can remove my pennies akin. Suggestions me.
Hi I'm 25 year old unmarried female. My problem is in my under arm left side I got one pimple for 2 days it was so much pain it became little big then it blast. In that some white thing came with blood it was fine again same area 2 place I got again pimples its becoming little big its paining like he'll. Please suggest me.
Hello sir/mam I have a problem with nightfall. It occurs 2-3 times in a month. Is it have any side effect ?
How to balance weight in case of high diabetes. Please give me some tips to stabilise sugar in my body.
I am suffering from headache since last 12 days. Eyesight normal. Taking Nimesulide and paracetamol tab. And omeprazole & Domperidone cap. please help.
I am 65 years old. I go for approx. 3.5--4 km (in One Hour) Walking daily in morning. In evening, I go to Gym and do work out--- 11mts on Trade mill, 12 Mts. On Cross Walk and approx 10 mts Cycling. I attain a Heart Rate of approx 120 in each case while burning approx. 200 cals put together. All 3, I do in a span of approx. 1 hr. With rest in between and bring back Heart Rate to approx 75-80 before starting the next Work out.In between also do hand Push Ups on Gym M/cs. Please let me know --1. This much of Daily Routine ,is OK at my age of 65 (+)?2. Work out at Gym with Heart Rate going upto 120 is ok while walking on Trade Mill with Speed of 5 KMPH? 3. Again is it ok to go upto 120 Heart Rate while using Cross Walk Mill for burning Calories?
I am suffering from ringworm since last 2 months. I have applied some ointments like Surfaz SN. Quadriderm.Texifen etc but result isn`t satisfactory. What I do now?
I am a male aged 45 and I have a itching problem in my thyes. This is there for the last one month. I was using mysore sandal shop for many years. Now stopped using shops while taking bath. I am applying now coconut oil as I feel dryness in my thys. Kindly give me a solution to get out of this. In hot sun I feel slight disturbed due to this. Thanks
She diabetic from last 10-12 years and last week she felt very weak and her sugar level reached 450-500 so we consulted a doctor and he suggested to take insulin and today after 3 days of taking insulin her sugar empty stomach was 70, so I want to should we continue with insulin or what should we do.
My son was just complete 3 years, last few days he is suffering itching his toe we have consult a child specialist and the doctor give a ointment cream for relief itching but have not got any relief. What should we do now?
Peyronie's disease is a problem predominantly found in 3-9% of adult men, especially after 40 years of age. In the disease, a scar tissue is formed in the outer layer of the penis called Tunica Albuginea. Scar tissue is a just plaque inside the penis.
Peyronie's disease causes the penis to bend sideways or upwards and can make sex become difficult due to deformity and erection may be a painful process. It is usually associated with erectile dysfunctions, severe anxiety and reduced testosterone levels. It is worth noting that there are treatments for Peyronie's disease, however, the pain often goes away on its own, generally, in 6-18 months of onset, but the deformity stays.
Here is everything you need to know about this disease:
It is not known exactly what causes Peyronie's disease, however, there are some factors, which make it more likely than others. Here are those factors:
- Trauma: This is the most common factor which causes Peyronie's disease. It is believed that when someone suffers from tiny bleeding of the penis, which is very common in patients of Diabetes, the plaque starts to build up. The injury or trauma, which causes the bleeding may go unnoticed as well.
- Genes: Genes are also a possible cause of Peyronie's disease.
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease vary, such as:
- Pain on Erection: There is usually pain in erection during the initial phase.
- Bent penis: When the penis becomes hard before sex, it may bend downwards or sideways by more than 15 degree, so the vaginal entry becomes impossible or is painful for the partner.
- Scars: Tissue may form on other parts of the body, as well including the hand and feet. In fact, it has been said that men who have scarring in the hand, which affect the fingers are more likely to contract the disease as well.
One may see extensive scarring in hands in a disease called Dupuytren's Contracture.
- Wait & Watch: It is worth noting the acute phase with pain is treated by wait and watch, controlling contributory factors like diabetes, low testosterone and psychogenic factors. Antioxidants are useful. Large number of cases are relieved of the pain in 1 to 1.5 years.
- Intralesional injection: If the bend is significant enough to interfere in sexual functioning, It can be treated by injecting medicines in the plaque. The medicine, Xiaflex is currently not available in India and other medicines given are not very effective.
- Surgery: This is a last option when Peyronie's disease has not gone on it's own and medicines are not helping either. The two most common procedures performed are removing the plaque and putting a tissue graft in its place and also removing the tissue opposite the plaque to counter the bending effect. The results are fairly good.
Going for a Penile implant is the last option, which is a permanent solution and is commonly done in India. And, the success rate for Penile implant is also very high.