Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShabnamYour feedback matters!
I have a teeth which needs rct but I am very much scared of the pain. As I also have a injection phobia. Get faint out. How to get rid of tooth pain. I put cotton to cover cavity so temprly no food goes there. Please advice.
Ge Do eating WARF (blood thinner) medicine 2mg daily for 6years cause Dental problems also? Please reply.
Hello doctor I had attacked a problem of mouth ulcer I wish to use Himalaya mouth ulcer gel it is good or bad.
In some days my teeth get yellowish colour. And in normal days it's lite yellow. I want a white teeth. What to do for that?
I see a lot of dentists when I want to book an appointment, how do I know which is the best? some say bds, some mds, some just dentist, not sure which dentist to approach.
Sir, Mera ek teeth adha tut gaya h or samne ke teeth bahar nikl rahe h to kya taar badwana chahiye ya kuch or karna chahiye.
Whenever I wake up early morning or after sleep in noon there is a stinking from my mouth and it was not before, it has started few week back when I forcefully removed my tooth as it was decayed and halfbroken kindly suggest me something to remove that smell asap.
Oral diseases are very common. Many of the patients fail to maintain proper oral hygiene. Consequently, they develop oral diseases like ulcers, bleeding gums and stomatitis. Although these diseases are not fatal to a great extent, they cause discomfort and embarrassment in public. Bad breath, pain, swelling and bleeding in the gums are some common symptoms of these diseases.
These diseases can be cured by allopathic means. However, homeopathic treatment is safer, cheaper and effective. You don’t need to take up expensive and invasive treatments. Here are some homeopathic remedies for oral diseases like Aphthae, Ulcers, Bleeding Gums and Ulcers:
- Borax: This is useful in treating apthous inflammation of the mouth. Aphthae refers to the occurrence of small white spots and ulcers on the mucous membrane of the mouth. It is caused due to fungal infection. It can be cured by the use of Borax mixed with honey. In case the patient suffers flat ulcers, soreness and salivation, mercurius is given. In acute cases of violent inflammation, aurum is prescribed.
- Baptisia: This medicine is prescribed for treating bleeding gums. If the patient is found to have developed ulcerated gums, cracked tongue and excessively bad breath, Baptisia can be given to them. The colour of the blood oozing out should be dark red.
- Nitric Acid: It is given to patients with whitish gums, acrid saliva and experiencing prickling pain. This is also good for patients with deep bluish ulcers and swollen salivary glands.
- Mercurius Solubius: It helps in healing ulcers and cures the pain. One can consume Merc Sol 30c three times a day for 2 to 3 days. It stops the re-occurrence of ulcers.
- Arsenicum: It can be prescribed to patients with sloughing ulcers. It is given to patients suffering from livid or bluish gums. If the patient suffers from canker sores, salicylic acid can be given.
- Kerosote: If a patient finds that black blood is oozing out of his or her gums, kerosote can be given to them. This helps in clotting of the blood quickly. This is prescribed for patients with dark and crumbling teeth and putrid mouth.
- Carbo Veg: This is given to patients who suffer from bleeding gums. If the patient notices blood oozing out from the gums while brushing, white tongue and general weakness, this medicine can be prescribe. It improves the process of oxygenation of blood.
- Phosphorus: This is the medicine for pregnant women. Sometimes, pregnant women suffer from bleeding gums due to hormonal imbalance. Phosphorus helps in curing the adverse effects of pregnancy hormones on the gums and oral region.
- Calcarea Carb: It cures bleeding gums. It is given to patients, who suffer from dry tongue at night.
Sir I have mouth ulcer problem every month I have this problem I have consult to many doctor but it doesn't work. I have taken Cortimax tablet.
Hello doctor my name is ajeet tiwari I am 30 year old man I have teeth cavity since last two year tell me what should I do.
Hello. I am vinay goel and 22 yrs old. My teeth is little outside and I want braces on it. I try 2 dentist 1. Tell that it is a 1 hr procedure and take 8 or 9 months for this and in rs 18000. But 2. Tell that it is 10 mint procedure and take 2yrs for this. Then which dentist is right? And there is a pain in this procedure?
Stained or yellow teeth are very common and may persist for a long time despite proper brushing, because of certain habits such as drinking tea, coffee or smoking frequently. The good thing is you can get rid of yellow teeth naturally.
Here are 5 easy ways:
1. Use a scrub made of strawberry, baking soda and salt.
Enriched with vitamin C, strawberries helpin the breakdown of plaque, resulting in whiter teeth. Moreover, the presence of an enzyme known as malic acid in strawberries, make them natural teeth stain removers. The salt generally performs the function of the scrub to remove the gunk that causes stain.
Directions: Mix 2/3 large strawberries (mashed) with ½ teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of sea salt. Use a paper towel to dry your teeth and apply the mixture on them with a toothbrush. Leave on for about 5 minutes and then rinse your mouth with water. Repeat every night.
2. Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda
Being mildly abrasive, baking soda acts as an effective scrub and eliminator of stains from your teeth’s surface. Lemon juice is known to have natural bleaching properties, which make the mixture perfect for giving you sparkling teeth.
Directions: Make a paste using few teaspoons of baking soda and the requisite amount of lemon juice. Ensure that your teeth are free from saliva and then use a toothbrush to apply the paste on your teeth. Rinse your teeth properly with water after a minute.
3. Use coconut oil to rinse your mouth
Coconut oil contains lauric acid,which helps get rid of bacteria present in plaque, the ones that are responsible for the yellowing of teeth. Elimination of the bacteria will remove plaque and give you whiter teeth.
Directions: Swish 1 tablespoon of coconut oil through and around your teeth. Continue for 10-15 minutes and then spit it out. Use water to rinse your mouth and then brush your teeth. Repeat every morning for visible results within a few days.
4. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on your regular toothpaste
Sea salt is known for its exceptional cleansing and exfoliating properties, which makes it a highly effective remedy to curb yellowness or discolouration of teeth.
Directions: Top your regular toothpaste with a pinch of salt before brushing. Alternatively, you can also brush your teeth only with salt once every week to get whiter teeth.
5. Brush your teeth with a neemstick
Neem bark is considered to be an elixir of oral health due to its anti-microbial properties. In fact, neem has been used for cleaning teeth in India since ancient times.
Directions: Soak the tip of a neem stick in water overnight. Take out the topmost woody layer of the stick in the morning. Brush your stick using this stick and rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
CAUTION: However, these are not permanent cures and plaque build-up can recur due to your eating and drinking habits. For a long lasting cure, you could go for a professional teeth-whitening session at a dentist’s clinic.
I have slight throat pain over 6 month and my neck get dry in morning when I awake, also my saliva is bit yellowish in morning when I go cleaning my teeth. please give necessary remedies or medicine. I had habit of smoking shisha (huka).
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.