Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shabana Parveen
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shabana ParveenYour feedback matters!
What kind of exercise is beneficial in case of gas problem. I am having chest and back pain due to gas problem. How much time it takes to remove gas problem in general.
I am staying un patna, bihar. My mother is having sevier knee problem. She is also over weight. Height is 5 ft and weight is 95 kg.
I am Having pain and inflammation in knee, age 33, height 5'4" weight-80 kg, having 1 kid of 2.5 years old, having so many problem. Excessive allergic prone in whole body. Taking Allegra-180 in every alternative day. Please help. No Sugar and no High BP.
I am 22 years old female, I am feeling pain in muscles from 3-4 days, I am feeling tired and weak, I live in lado Sarai new Delhi ,it is a very unhygienic area, and in my coaching class many students are suffering from several viral fevers like dengue, typhoid etc. I am also having 2-3 red rashes on my back and hand, and I am drinking lots of water but still feeling dry mouth, appetite is also lost, should I go for typhoid test? Are these symptoms of typhoid?
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.
I am 28 year old I have pain on left side of chest sometime burning sometime pricking pain it also referred to tip of scapula not on shoulder joint and heavy ness on chest left side.
She was beaten by her husband, and have injury in back shoulder, she can't sleep at night by pain. Any treatment.
Frozen shoulder is a condition when somebody encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for weeks. It is likely to occur when swelling increases around the shoulder which reduces inability to move or stretch properly. This ordinarily happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder at times happens when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs, if someone is recovering from surgery, experiencing joint pain or facing restraint of movement for other reasons.
A frozen shoulder can go on from a couple of months to as much as 3 years and the precise cause is unknown. Physiotherapy is often to treat this condition. It has been found that posture plays a huge part in your recovery from a frozen shoulder. The urgent goal is to get the shoulder join moving once again. The sooner this is done, the better are the odds of a quick recovery. Anti-inflammatory medicines, heat application and delicate stretching activities are performed with the assistance of a physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy is very crucial for a frozen shoulder since it is very difficult to get movement in the stiff joint without any exercise, stretching or other methods used by a physiotherapist. It is mostly crucial to get physiotherapy to:
- To reduce pain in the shoulder
- To increase the flexibility and strength of the shoulder
- To enhance movement of the shoulder.
- To increase endurance of the muscles
Physiotherapy treatment for a frozen shoulder depends on the stage you are on and is customized according to the needs of your condition. Physiotherapy treatments for a frozen shoulder include:
- Pain relief: Pain diminishing techniques including gentle shoulder movement exercises, muscle releases, needle therapy, dry needling and kinesiology taping for pain can help during the painful swelling phase.
- Defrosting: Shoulder mobilization and stretching are the best in order to achieve a full shoulder recovery. As your scope of movement increases, your physiotherapist will then be able to give you muscle strengthening exercises to control and keep up your recently found range of movement.
- Warm Up: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder keeping in mind the end goal. That is to help blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
Physiotherapy does not bring out immediate results, but gradually. Flexibility will increase gradually. One should keep in mind, not to stretch their shoulder too quickly at once. This can lead to a ligament tear. The exercises should be tender and gradual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.