Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sha Perveez AzherYour feedback matters!
My wife's teeth becoming blackish colour n also strenthless, ahe is 45 yes old. please Let me know the treatment/ remedy/ medicines in ayurvedic, homeopathic, etc.
I am regularly having ulcers in my right inside the cheek. When I am taking the medicines it get cured. But again it happened. What to do?
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.
I want to know while doing liplock what will happen and when I was kissing my lover lips it will getting smell.
I am suffering from halitosis since 7 years but I brush my teeth twice daily and use mouthwash From today 2 week ago I visit hospital and consult with throat doctor they diagnose that I am suffering from pharyngitis they prescribe me drugs for 1st week was rabeprazole, levocetirizine and a chlorhexidine mouthwash after a week I revisit they change betadine withouthwash after using again a week I hv still this problem of chronic bad breath pls help how to get rid to this.
I have mouth ulcer many times. I use smile ucler but after sometime I received the same. I also use orasap gel too. please help to cure permanently.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.
Dental implants need to be maintained carefully after surgery and for that you got to follow a few essential caring tips.
Best caring tips after dental implants:
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Healthy diet needs to be maintained and in this case, only nutritious and soft foods are to be included.
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.
- Scheduling appointments: You should meet your dentist on a frequent basis in order to make sure that everything is perfect. You can also visit your dentist in times of emergencies when you are facing tremendous pain or bleeding.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid cold or hot drinks and foods: You should not take excessively hot or chilled items immediately after dental implants as that might create an adverse situation. This is a strict instruction which is usually given to the patients by their dentists so that implants can be protected and can be maintained in the long run.
- Apply ice pack: If you want to get rid of unwanted swelling and inflammation, immediately after dental implants, then nothing can be the best than homemade therapy, other than using ice packs. You should keep the ice packs just over the swollen art directly, and you can even try out this therapy multiple times in a day and will get relief instantly.
- Taking painkillers: If the implanted area has swollen up, and it is paining badly, then you should try useful painkillers, but the medicines should be prescribed by your dentist. But do not take these medicines on a frequent basis rather take them only when the pain is severe.
Related Tip: "Reasons Why You Should Not Be Nervous About Dental Implant"