Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SeshadriYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old Male. I work in a IT firm and I do night shift. Every morning like 3 or 4: 00 AM I face with indigestion problem. Chest burns and I get bad belch as well. How I can get rid of this?
I frequently suffer from gases, some times stomach pain and have to go to toilet 3 times a day. Please advise me.
I have problems like gas, dysentery, acidity, Ibs, weakness, etc. I generally take tea 2 times in a day. Is taking tea could be a problem for me? Please help?
Hello Dr. this is MD afsar Ali and I am suffering from gastric problem when ever I eat something it doesn't digest and it cause acidity occur so please advice me what can I do plz.
Hi, I am suffering from stomach problem from last few months. Any time gas formation, stomach is not clear. No hunger and vomiting tendency. please help me.
My mother aged 95 years has a1.2 cm stone in the gallbladder. The doctors have advised against surgery at this age. Kindly suggest some ayurvedic cure to get rid of the stone. She also feels and complains ofbloating and gas formation. Please advise.
How and why are gallstones formed?
The bile in your body contains enough chemicals to dissolve cholesterol excreted by your liver. In case your liver starts excreting more cholesterol than your bile has the capability to dissolve, the excess cholesterol crystallizes and forms stones. Bile may become concentrated if the gallbladder doesn't empty in the time leading to the formation of gallstones. A number of factors can increase the risks of formation of gallstones like:
- high cholesterol
- being obese/overweight
- being an American Indian or Mexican American
- being female
- falling in the age group of 60 or above
- a family history of gallstones
- rapid weight loss
- consumption of cholesterol-lowering medications
- When should you consider undergoing surgery?
In some cases gallstones that are detected during ct scan or ultrasound (without any symptoms) don't require surgery. If you do not feel aggravating pain in your upper right abdomen or other signs and symptoms, then one can postpone the surgical process according to the need. In few instances, it has been seen that small and solitary gallstones can be dissolved with oral medication like ursodiol and chenodiol. However, you need to opt for surgery to remove the gallbladder necessarily in the following cases-
- sudden inflammation or infection in the gallbladder
- if you experience recurring instances of intense pain due to the gallstones
- certain growths known as polyps develop in your gallbladder which is larger than 1 cm in size and begin to give rise to numerous symptoms.
- if you have pancreatitis, which is a condition involving inflammation of pancreas due to gallstones
- if the wall of your gallbladder gets calcified
- your immune system is damaged
- you are experiencing symptoms and your gallbladder has ceased to function