Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sepher KYour feedback matters!
I have a desktop job. I had urinal infection last year. Now I fear that I have it again. I some times get pain in the two side of the kidney. The pain is very mild. What should I do? What should I check.
I have vertigo and headache problem. After treatment it remains OK for sometime but after 4-7 months it again starts attacking me. I am in a worst situation. While sleep on bed it seems that bed is going down and down. While sitting on hard surface it seems that it is moving. please help me I have exams after a week.
I have dark patches on my thigh because of fungus, what precaution should I take to get rid of this.
I am 17 years old boy, I have a problem in my back when I take dinner at night and come on bed then my back starts aching joining to internal stomach, what should I do? Advice me please!
I am married since 4 years I have 2 kids but I have a problem of premature ejaculation. What's the solution?
I often have sneezing problem the moment I get up frm the bed in the morning. What should I want to do for this.
I am suffering from nocturnal emissions since 3 years. I had tried some medicine for 1 month but after 1 month it comes back. What can I do.
Hives or urticaria is an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps around the skin surface, formed mainly due to the body’s response to particular allergens. Generally, the infectious bumps are of varied shapes and sizes and last for about 5-6 weeks. Although not a serious medical condition, hives can cause tremendous discomfort to the concerned person and affect his/her daily activities. Hives can be cured with a prescribed dosage of antihistamines or oral corticosteroids.
Causes of hives
Although the exact reason behind their formation is still unknown, researchers suggest that this disorder occurs as a response to involuntary histamine release by the skin blood vessels (that in turn, causes a leakage of blood plasma). Some other factors that can be responsible are:
- Hives can occur due to insect or parasite bites.
- Hives can also result as a side effect of painkillers such as codeine and other anti- inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or ACE inhibitors.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight or high levels of stress (leading to high cortisol levels in the body) can also result in hives.
- Intense scratching around the same spot can also result to hive formation.
- Excessive alcohol intake can render you even more vulnerable to this disease.
- Excessive intake of foods such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate and berries might also cause hives. Additionally, excessive consumption of certain food preservatives can also trigger the release of histamine.
- Suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders can make you prone to chronic cases of hives (which might last for more than 6 weeks).
Symptoms of hives
The symptoms of hives include, but are not limited to:
- Appearances of several reddish welts around the face or arms which might cause a severe itchy sensation.
- Painful and abnormal swelling around the mouth
- You might also feel tightness in your chest along with recurring bouts of dizziness.
If not treated promptly after diagnosis, hives might result in life-threatening allergic reactions, such as Anaphylaxis (narrowing down of the bronchial tubes, thus causing significant breathing trouble) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.