Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SelvanYour feedback matters!
Hi .I m from srinagar kashmir. I hv a daughter aged 4. She has a problem with her nose. Inside her nose she has adenoids and she is so allergic. I consulted many doctors here but all was in vain. She always has a running nose and sometimes blocked nose. please suggest me remedies. Thanks.
My daughter is 14 years but her completion is dark. How to make her skin fair with home remedies. She uses Vaseline Aloe Vera lotion.
Are there any long term effects taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so what are they and waht are medications are implemented? Is there a genetic factor to strokes?
For a 5 year old kid suggest some medicine to increase immunity as he is always having cough and cold.
My son age is 3 year, 01 week se use bukhar and khaasi hai humne usko doctor ko dikhaya tha but ab usko bukar nahi hai but kaasi hai and usko nind (sleeping) aa rahi hai guide kare. Urgent. Thanking you.
Is it OK for a baby of 16 months to travel to native place. Will the change of water and air create any heath issues. Traveling from Mumbai to bangalore.
Hi doctor. She is 3 month old. We feeding lactogen 1 for her. As per weight chart 3 month baby want to be 5.4 kg. But still my daughter is 4.5 kg only. Shall we continue that lactogen or shall we give cow milk. Otherwise give any suggestion. When we want to start health drinks for my baby. Please give your suggestion doctor.
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??