Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seetha Lakshmi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Seetha LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam plzz suggest wtt should I do I have pores and blackheads on my face. Especially in these days from the 20 days These pores Spreads on my face ndd My Face looks dull ndd redness also occurs. Actually this problem with me frm Last 4 years please give mehhh Suggestion that I Could I Make my face again shiny. I Use face wash, scrub but no effects.
I am facing the problem Post inflammation hyperpigmentation due to ance How much time will it require to cure completely.
I use skin lite cream for 3 month I stopped using this cream my skin was very black so please help for solution to this cream and make my face white tell best solution please help doctor.
Ayurveda believes that the beauty of the skin is linked to your overall health. You can have a glowing skin only when your heart and other organs are working properly. The glow comes from within rather than by applying lotions and artificial creams for fairness and flawlessness. It has to be kept in mind that the nutrients and the toxins produced in the body circulates within via the bloodstream. Toxins produced due to vata, pitta and kapha doshas or imbalances are circulated by the circulating rasa dhatu in the body. These hamper the beauty of your skin and overall personality. The toxins damage or destroy the cells in the organs. Therefore, you must start bringing balance to the doshas to get back your natural beauty. Remember, your skin is vulnerable to the imbalances in the doshas. Excess pitta can leave your skin looking dull, pigmented and lusterless. If your skin is oily and the pores are clogged, you might have excess Kapha.
Here are some tips for staying beautiful naturally by addressing the dosha imbalances and flushing your system on time:
- You must drink plenty of water to keep your system clean and free from accumulation of toxins. According to American Journal of Nutrition women in their mid-age with sufficient amount of vitamin C had wrinkle-free skin. They looked young and vitamin. Vitamin C plays a vital role in the production of collagen. It also catalyses collagen repairs. You can have food rich in vitamin C. Thus, you can eat leafy green vegetables and citrus fruits for best results on regular basis. It is always advisable to quit smoking in order to have younger and fairer spotless skin. Smoking is responsible for the release of an enzyme called metalloproteinases. This enzyme is responsible for damage to skin cells.You must not eat too much of sweet stuffs as they can cause beauty disaster. Excess sugar leads to the production of advanced glycation end products by attaching itself to lipids and proteins. This would hamper your skin and its collagen.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly. It is important for you to exfoliate your skin daily. It removes the dead cells from the outer layer and allows the skin to breathe and look fresh.
- Make sure that you go for excretion on regular basis and have a proper bowel movement without any problem. You can have a cup of lukewarm water regularly early in the morning empty stomach to have a better bowel movement.
- There are certain herbs like neem, manjistha, turmeric and tulsi, which enhance your skin quality and improve circulation. You can apply them as face-packs. It is also a good practice to undertake regular warm oil massage. It improves circulation and nourishes the skin to a great extent.
- washing your face with cold water closes your pores. After washing your face with hot water, splash some cold water on it so that it closes your pores. Not just this, it also soothes your eyes.
- cold water works great as an anti-wrinkle cream! it tones the skin making it look fresh and younger. Use cold water regularly to wash your face as it will slow down the aging process and helps to fill out the wrinkles on your face.
- it also helps you get rid of the harmful effects of sun's rays, as cold water tightens and protects the pores that get opened up when the skin is exposed to sun's harmful rays. The tightening of pores may also help your makeup to stay on longer.
I am 27 years old. I have open pores on my face. What should I do to fill them and make smooth skin.
Winter in a tropical country like India is always something we all look forward to. Time to take out your sweatshirts and jackets! However, apart from the long nights and heart-warming conversations by your fireplace, winter can also be the time for a different set of skin problems. The cold and dry winds can take away all the moisture from the skin, making it dry and chapped. Thus, precaution is the word of the season, if you want to keep your skin healthy.
You can use these strategies to keep your skin healthy and supple throughout the winter:
- Apply lukewarm water on the face: Don't use very hot water to wash your face, as it can strip away the essential oils and make your skin dry. Rather, splash your face with lukewarm water as it helps in retaining the moisture.
- Use a moisturizer: Once you have finished washing, use a moisturizer to seal in the moisture content of the skin. This helps prevent the skin from drying, keeping it healthy.
- Pick your moisturizer carefully: If you are already prone to dry skin, these few winter months will surely aggravate the problem. Use a moisturizer that is oil based; pick moisturizers that have ingredients which nourish your skin.
- Never forgo the Sunscreen: Just because its winter does not give you the license to do away with the sunscreen; it can be as damaging as the summer sun. Use a sunscreen before venturing outdoors and make sure to pick a sunscreen that suits your skin.
- Use a humidifier: Winters mean dry minds, thus you may require a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying.
- Drink sufficient water: One tends to consume lesser water during the winter months, which is again not good for your body at all. Irrespective of the season, doctors always recommend 2-3 liters of water every day, even though it means more trips to the loo.
- Never forget to exfoliate: Winter can cause dead cells to accumulate in your skin and cause it to look dull. Periodic exfoliation can help with dead cell removal and keep your skin healthy.
- Avoid toxins: In case of disorders such as dermatitis or eczema, you should avoid coming in contact with allergens that can trigger these conditions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!