Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Seema A VYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am most of the time in some other world. It's not hallucinations but I keep imagining things like-I am talking to people and they watching me where ever I go. For eg. If I go to a mall, when I walk there I think My self as a doctor and the ppl around me as my patients. M just a first years medico. I don't know what's wrong with me. Please help me. Whats this?
Sir, I'm not able to see a clear picture with my left eye. But my right eye is good. Please suggest me the solution. Thank you.
Due to stress my eyes are entering inside and looked very ugly. How to improve my eyes and how much tym it will take to normal position. Plzzzzz tell.
Hi. My mother is diabetic ,and her blood sugar level is mostly high. Her vision is getting poor. What can be done as to maintain both her blood sugar level and healthy eyesight?
My eyes ache at regular intervals nowadays.. I have got a specs and got my number recently checked to verify whether any increase in my number.. But that is still the same. I can't keep my eyes open for longer time and get water in my eyes if exposed to even normal atmosphere.. What should I do?
I have to appear for medical examination in Railway in which requirement is 6/9, 6/9, I am using spectacles having power -1.5D, I have to improve my eye sight without Laser surgery for final selection, I am in big trouble how can I improve my eye sight within 2-3 months upto 6/9. Is there any method to do this, please help me out.
I feel strain on my eyes whenever I keep looking to my computer screen for a long amount of time. What should I do?
I am having problem in my eyes, both of my eyes shed tears if I'm doing work on computer although there is no vision problem, do I need to worry.
A little water droplets drops from my eyes while I study for more than 3-4 hours. What I have to do for overcoming this problem?
My eye number is 10 and my age is 16 I want to ask that can I wear lens or not and if yes I should buy lens of which brand.
There is whitening thing on my eyelids. And which makes very hard eyes to open. So could you please help me out.
I am 68 and my eye doctor recently said I have precursor signs of macular degeneration. She recommended the areas vitamin formula, 2 times each day. Do you think the vitamins really do any good to prevent development of macular degeneration? Is there anything else that you recommend to prevent it?
I have red eyes over Last week What should I do? Whatever I look its seen Blur. I mean I am feeling trouble to see objects properly.
We as human children are born with +4.00d power. This eye power helps us in better vision for distance and is essential for survival for both hunting and hunted animals to survive on earth. We have binocular vision meaning both eyes used together for focusing that give us depth sense. Thus, we are born hunters in order to survive on this earth.
But by evolution came agriculture to sustain us. Now we send our young toddlers to school at 3 years of age. Excelling at studies remain the aim. So nature improves our near vision. In the process our distance vision get blurry and we require minus power to look at the distance. Hence, in each successive generations population of myopia (minus power) is increasing.
My son eyes are very weak he is 12 years old how can I help him In improving his eyesight. Whether watching tv for long can impact his eyes kindly advise.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.