Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sean S
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sean SYour feedback matters!
Mai, Dr Rajiv Gupta, mera clinic Om Eye and Gynae Centre, Vaishali sector-5, Ghaziabad mein hai. Aaj mai shareer ki unn do bimariyon ke bare mein baat karunga, headache aur diabetes, unka ankh se kya sambandh hai. Headache bahut si alag-alag bimariyon ki wajah se ho sakta hai, usme ankh ki wajah se headache hona ek possibility hai. Headache ke patient mein hum teen mukhya cheeje ankon mein dekhna chahenge. Ek chashme ka accurate number, yadi kisi patient ka number hai aur weh specs use nahi kerta toh usse headache ho sakta hai, yaw oh theek number ka specs use nahi kr raha tabh bhiheadache ho sakta hai, regular use nahi kr raha, kbhi kiya kabhi nahi kiya tabh bhiheadache ho sakta hai. Aise case mein regular use of specs can be very useful. Dusra eye muscles, weak muscles ki wajah se bhi headache aaj ki tareek mein kaphi logon ko hota hai khas taur pe nazdeek ka kaam kerne se ho sakta hai jaise reading, writing, computers, mobile yadi aapke muscles weak hain tohuss case mein ankhon ke muscles ki exercise kerna important hai, kyunki usse weak muscles ki strength ko recover kiya ja sakta hai, aur jaise-jaise weak muscles normal hote hain humme headache mein improvement mill sakta hai. Teesri cheej important jo hum dekhna chahenge ki wo hai ki ankh ki nas ki kya position hai, nerves mein koi sujan toh nahi hai, kyunki bhut si neurological aur eye problems aisi hoti hain ki jinse ankh ki nas mein sujan aa sakti hai. Yadi aank kin as mein sujan hai toh hum jaanch karke uss sujan ki wajah ko janana chahenge, jisse ki uss wajah ko theek kiya ja sakay. Ab hum baat karte hain diabetes ki, diabetes aaj ki date mein bahut hi common problem hai aur diabetes ki wajah se ankh mein bahut si problem ho sakti hai jaise ankh mein baar-baar infection hona, safed motia ka ho jana ya uska fast progress kerna. Lekin sabse important hai retinopathy, yani parde mein sugar ka asar aa jana. Diabetes retinopathy ki wajah se parde mein khun aa jata hai, sujan aa jati hai, yadi khun aur sujan parde ke dekhne ke sabse important hisse macula mein aa jaye toh ankh ki roshni bhi kam ho jati hai.yadi patient ka sugar uncontrolled hai toh diabetic retinopathy hone ka dar jayada hota hai aur jaise-jaise diabetes ka duration badta hai, tabb sugar control rehate bhi diabetic retinopathy ho sakti ho sakti hai. Isiliye hume ankhon ki janch ko kerte rehna bahut zaruri hai chahe sugar control hee na ho, control ho toh bhi, yadi uncontrol hai toh definitely risk jayada ho jata hai. Iske alawa high blood pressure, pregnancy, smoking, obesity, increased lipid levels in blood yeh sari chhze bhi retinopathy ke risk ko bada deti hain. Diabetic retinopathy ko diagnose kerne ke liye routine eye checkup ki zarurat hai aur uss eye checkup ke baad yadi zarurat lagey toh kuch special jancho ko kerne ki zarurat hai jaise fundus fluorescein angiography or OCD. Diabetic retinopathy ka ilaj kai taranh se hota hai. Sabse pehla main point hai ki sugar ko aur blood lipid levels ko control kiya jaye, dusra laser ke dwara, jo khun aa gaya hai, jo sujan aa gayee hai usko control kerne ki koshish ki jati hai, teesra ankh mein inection lagake sugar ko control kiya jata hai, chautha, yadi inn sabse bhi control na ho aur sugar agar bahut jayada bad jaye toh operation ki bhi zarurat pad sakti hai. Kab konsa operation kerna hai ye eye ki condition pe nibhar karega, yadi diabetic retinopathy ka ilaj na kiya jaye aur weh progress kerta rahe toh blindness ka risk bhi bad jata hai aur ye irreversible ho sakta hai. Yani ki ek baar ankh ki roshni chali gayee toh fir usse wapis lana bahut hi mushkil hai isliye diabetic patients ko regular interval per ankh ki janch karate rehna chahiye, jisse ki jab kabhi bhi aisa lagey ki usme kuch bhi active management ki zarurat hai toh wo kiya ja sake.
Yadi aap iss bare mein aur information chahte hain toh mujhse ybrate ke through ya clinic per contact kr sakte hain. Thank You.
I'm 20 years old. I checked for eye sight I have SPH -0.75 of RE no LE and no NV. And CYL of -1.25 RE and -1 LE. Should I wear spectacles. What is my sight.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.
I have power in my eyes. I am a teenager. Is it curable or it works increase or remain the same for my whole life?
I have an eye defect such that my black part of eye is not staying in the centre of eyes. But my vision is 6/6. This defect effects showcase of my face. Pls advise me a cure.
In past 2 days I hav severe eye pain and I wear spec instead of that I can not tolerate my pain what should I do?
Dear Sir/ Madam, I am 29 years old male, and from last 2 month I am getting slightly blurred vision with this I also feel pressure in my head and slightly strain in my back side neck muscles. I feel irritating when I used to see sun light, sometime I also feel slight dizziness specially when I used to sit for more than half hour, I already consult with doctor then he give me vitamin tablets but I didn't get relief, can you please tell me what may be the reason behind this problem. Is there any chances of brain tumor or something else. Please help me.
I am 19 year old and I am having myopia. I have spectacles but my eyesight drops every 2 to 3 months. Please suggest some cure to control my eyesight.
I have yellow eye's from 10 day, nd my face going to white and dry skin please so me this reason, and what I should do?
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.