Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Savitha Srinivas
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Savitha SrinivasYour feedback matters!
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system.
I am 4 days ahead of my periods. Last month the date was 27 th today is 31st. I did urine test it came out positive. Kindly prescribe the medicine because I am already blessed with two kids.
I have tried lignocaine but it doesn't help me Tried nummit spray too but it too didn't help much I want to conceive will numit spray help in conception in the sense will it harm the sperm and not allow conception.
Types of sprouts and their benefits:
Bengal gram: Also known as chola or kala chana, bengal gram is available in dried as well as canned form. It is frequently and creatively used in various curries in the indian cuisine and notably, it contains zero percent alcohol. One cup of bengal gram contains 45 grams of carbohydrates that constitute about 65 percent of its total calorie content.
Types of sprouts bengal gram
Benefits of sprouted bengal gram:
- It has a high amount of dietary fiber which reduces the risk of diabetes, coronary disease, obesity, cancer, and digestive disorders.
- It is a rich source of vitamin b-6 or thiamin which plays a vital role in energy metabolism and the synthesis of neurotransmitters and hormones.
- It is rich in minerals, such as phosphorus, iron, manganese, and copper, which reduce the risk of anemia, arthritis, diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- An adult who takes a 2000-calorie diet needs 56 to 77 grams of protein daily and bengal gram can supply the required amount of protein to him/ her satisfactorily.
Green gram: Also called “mung”, these species belong to the legume family and is mainly grown in india, south east asia, and china. It is used in both spicy and sweet recipes.
Benefits of sprouted green gram:
- These sprouts have high amount of iron, fiber, and vitamins k, b, and c.
- Vitamin k prevents cardiovascular disease and maintains bone density. The vitamin also regulates bone mineralization and the process of blood clotting.
- Vitamin c is an antioxidant which preserves cell health by neutralizing the effect of free radicals. Vitamin c promotes skin health and reduces the risk of stroke, cancer, and common cold.
- Iron promotes immune health by promoting the growth of immune cells. Dietary science suggests that men should consume 8 milligrams of iron on a daily basis while women need 18 milligrams of iron to maintain a healthy red blood cell count. Green gram supplies adequate iron that helps to fulfill men’s and women’s dietary needs.
Bean sprouts: Bean sprouts are rich sources if vitamin c, proteins, and folate, and most importantly, they are low-calorie foods. Medical research suggests that men must consume 90 milligrams of vitamin c and women should consume 75 milligrams of the vitamin on a daily basis.
Benefits of sprouted bean gram:
Folate promotes the development of red blood cells. Folate also supports other functions such as dna synthesis, cell repair, cell maintenance, amino acid metabolism and the creation of erythrocytes and leukocytes.
Folate also reduces the risk of obesity, heart disease, and various types of cancers including colon cancer.
Alfalfa sprouts: Alfalfa sprouts are rich sources of vitamins c, k, and a, folate, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Benefits of sprouted alfalfa bean:
- Alfalfa sprouts are rich sources of calcium and potassium which promote bone growth and muscle health and help the body to maintain a normal heart beat.
- Alfalfa sprouts have high amounts of phytoestrogens which reduce the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and cancer.
- Alfalfa sprouts contain saponins which reduce the level of ldl cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and boosts immune strength.
- The vitamins, present in alfalfa sprouts, promote good vision and cell growth.
Sunflower sprouts: Sunflower sees have now gained visibility in the health world due to its essential fatty acids, vitamins and mineral content. It is widely used as a snack by weight watchers.
Benefits of sunflower sprouts –
- Sunflower sprouts contain high amount of essential amino acids which promote muscle tissue repair.
- Sunflower sprouts are rich sources of b vitamins and vitamins d and e, minerals and phytonutrients, and folate which promote the health of pregnant women and their growing embryos.
- Sunflower sprouts are packed with antioxidants that support heart health, promote cellular recovery, and bring down the rate of the aging process.
- What is more appealing is that sunflower sprouts have very low calorie content and that is why, they can be a vital part of a weight loss diet.
- Sunflower sprouts contain minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and copper which help the body to fight against a number of diseases.
Radish sprouts: These sprouts are noted for their high essential amino acid content and they are rich sources of vitamins a, b, c, e, and k as well.
Types of sprouts radish sprout:
Benefits of radish sprouts:
- Radish sprouts contain lignan which is an anti-carcinogenic substance.
- Radish sprouts support weight loss and boost the health of the immune system.
- They also promote the functions of the liver and the gall bladder.
- Radish sprouts provide relief to those who are suffering from jaundice by eliminating excess bilirubin from the blood.
- Radish sprouts also help to reduce the pain associated with constipation.
- Radish sprouts have a special role to play on women’s health as they relieve hot flushes and other menopause-related symptoms.
Red lentil sprouts (masoor): Red lentil sprouts are rich sources of protein and have a low calorie content compared to non-vegetarian sources of proteins such as meat and poultry. Hence, they form an essential part of a weight-watcher’s diet.
Benefits of red lentil sprouts:
- They contain high amounts of vitamin c, folate, and potassium.
- Vitamin c protects skin from pre-mature aging and reduces the risk of cancer, stroke, and common cold.
- Folate supports red blood cell development and supports many bodily functions such as cell repair and maintenance, amino acid metabolism, dna synthesis, and the development of leukocytes and erythrocytes.
Chickpea sprouts: Also known as “chana” in india, chickpea sprouts are rich sources of protein, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and carbohydrates.
Benefits of chickpea sprouts –
- Dietary fiber promotes digestive health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and constipation.
- Chickpea sprouts form a great weight loss food for their high protein percentage and low fat content.
- They supply a high amount of vitamins and minerals to the body.