Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Savitha ShettyYour feedback matters!
Today I have checked home pregnancy test but result is negative. My period date was 2/7/2017. Why my test result is negative? Till I have not get any period symptoms. I am worried about it whats wrong with me? please help me.
Heavy bleeding during periods, slows during lying position but high speed flow on getting up. What is da problem.
Hi, I took blood test due to pcod, in my result LH- luteinizing hormone is 9.99. Doctor said that this lh level is very high. But it is curable only. She given pills for that. My doubt is when it will cure or want to do any surgery for this. If lh is high means what will happen. I am expecting my pregnancy. Can you please tell normal level in lh. My lh level is 9.99.
After how many weeks fetal heart beat can be recognized. My cousin is currently at 6th week undergone for scan, unfortunately heart beat not recognised on fetal.
Being positive is the best thing you can do for yourself!
Do you see life as a blessing, an opportunity or a burden? The answer to this question plays a significant role in shaping your existence as it decides your outlook towards life. Being positive or optimistic is highly beneficial for your psychological and physical well-being. Positive thinking is an idea that not only drives you towards success, but also makes way for happiness in your life.
Cultivating positivity is undoubtedly the best thing you can do for yourself as it makes your life worth living, besides delivering a bunch of health benefits.
Here are 6 of them.
1. Gives you a longer life span
A positive outlook not only keeps you happy, but also increases your life expectancy by manifold in comparison to people with pessimistic thoughts. A recent Dutch study analysed the thought patterns of people for 9 years to come to this conclusion. According to this study, which was published in JAMA Psychiatry, people with a generally pessimistic approach have decreased life expectancy by 55%.
2. Increases good cholesterol level
A research was conducted in 2013 by Harvard School of Public Health to find the link between optimism and cholesterol levels. The study was carried out among middle-aged people and it revealed that that optimistic thought patterns indicated increased levels of “good” cholesterol.
3. Boosts your immune system
Researchers are of the opinion that people who cultivate positive thoughts show a stronger immune response in comparison to people who associate themselves with negative emotions.
4. Increases your confidence
Having positive thoughts can be very advantageous for you as it teaches you to feel good about yourself. This encourages you to try new things and accept challenges more heartily, which in turn boosts your confidence level drastically. Increased self confidence drives you towards success and enhances your performance in all phases of life.
5. Helps you cope with stress better
Studies show that when optimists face a situation, which is not in their favour, they focus more on solving the problem instead of getting disappointed or frustrated. Positive thoughts make you enthusiastic and teach you to deal with any stressful situation with a smile, thereby helping you to work your way out of a crisis. It has also been observed that positive thinking among adolescents acts as a source of protection against depression and behavioural problems commonly faced during teenage.
6. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases
A recent study conducted by the American Heart Association, and published in its journal Circulation, showed that people who depicted a positive attitude towards life had decreased their chances of getting heart diseases by 73% in comparison to their pessimistic counterparts. According to researchers, this happens because optimism leads people towards a healthier lifestyle, comprising of a balanced diet and a proper exercise regime. Moreover, optimistic people also have the improved ability to deal with stress, which further points towards a healthy existence.
I am eight months pregnant and having gestational diabetes what to do now. And does it effect my baby? Please advise.
Hi I had intercourse on 17th of march. My accpected periods date was 28th of march still I didn' t get my periods. I don' t have any pregnancy symptoms. I have one year kid. Kindly give me the suggestion to get my perperiods. Thank you
My girlfriend is not pregnant. But she get 6 mensotime capsules. So I want to know my girlfriend what kind of problem face? Any serious condition for this matter about her health? Please tell me.
I am 29 years old Mti date 5 aug h or do weak before mujhe spotting hui thi Ab do din se toilet ke jaise pani leak ho rha h Kindly confirm what is the problem?
हर रात को मेरे left हाथ और पैर मे हलकी सी कपकपाहट होती है और कभीकभी दोनो सून हो जाते है BMI के हीसाब से मेरा वजन २३ कीलो जयादा हे मेरे पति का कहेना हे की जयादा वजन की वजह से मुजे ये सब हो रहा हे It's true or false if it's true please suggest me which medicine help me.
I am 25 years, female and have been attending gym for last one year but my weight didn't reduce. I have pcod and weight increased after puberty. Can I opt for ayurvedic massage for obesity and pcod ?
What's the reason of thyroid in negative (minus). Does it impact if it's in 6 month pregnancy. And what would be the medicine to cure it though started PTU tablets from yesterday as prescribed by doctor.
I hd two I pills before I conceived nd now m 17 week pregnant. Done my 14 week scan plus triple marker test reports are normal. Somewhere still afraid that these pill shud not effect the baby later. Pl info does I pill hav any side effects on fetus.
I have stomach pain and I had vomited for several times. What should I do now? how can I understand if I got breast cancer or not? I want solution.
My wife consumed unwanted 72 on Thursday evening and she is having vaginal bleeding today that is wednesday. Is this causing due to the medicine. Are there chances of getting pregnant. According to her this is not her regular period and it's jz the bleeding. Her date of MC is around 23 24 of the month. Can you suggest on this?
My age is 32 years. I am not pregnant but I have not had my periods since 3 months. What should I do. I am worried. I need your advice. Earlier I had regular periods.
I got married 6 months ago, now I feel that I am pregnant. .is there any method to check my pregnancy at home?
It's anything, but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. In case you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy, at the time of a late period, it may be the case that or one of numerous different conceivable outcomes.
Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- Preganancy: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- Stress: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and non-essential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- Excessive exercise: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- Illness: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- Weight: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.