Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Savitha MYour feedback matters!
My wife is 2 months pregnant. Shall I have sexual intercourse with her? Or not? Whether, It may spoil her pregnancy or it affects the baby growth inside her. It's okay not to have sexual intercourse on which month I should stop having intercourse?
Hi I had unprotected sex with my bf, and next morning I took postpone 72 pill, Now I have abdominal pain slightly, what will be the result, now I am not ready for pregnancy, pls help, And I am looking for my period on 22 feb, can I lead normal periods?
Thirty is more or less the age by which you can consider yourself a woman of the world. You have toiled hard to get into a comfortable space at work and are into a stable relationship as well. An important aspect to not ignore is your sexual life. Be equipped with the right ideas and ways to enjoy that aspect of your life.
Some facts and tips for the women of today.
1. Safety is foremost: meaningless hookups or otherwise - you cannot be careless; safety must be your priority.
2. Express yourself: men are bad at guessing. They will not be able to guess what you like and how you like it. Tell the man exactly what you expect.
3. Live in the moment: a quickie is never a bad idea. Having frequent sex has its perks for your mood as well as overall health. An impromptu quickie will only put a spring to your steps.
4. Watch each other pleasuring self: it is not just for visual appeal, it is in fact educative - you get to study exactly what type of touch, speed, grip, etc gives him the most pleasure. He gets to know the same about you.
5. Take the initiative: most men like being shown that they are desired too. Why should he always initiate sex. Take the lead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Me and my spouse are getting ready to have a baby. Please recommend diet and multivitamin tablet for both of us. Thanks.
2. For decreasing pain try to do simple calf stretches and leg stretches for few minutes before walking.
3. Also try doing back and abdominal or core strengthening exercises. It will help leg and back pain immediately.
5. Posture plays a very vital role. Keep that tummy muscles tight and back straight while walking or doing daily chores.
6. Get enrolled in a yoga or stretching exercise program to keep up motivation.
My sister has scanty flow in periods since many years. Is scanty flow in periods i. E. Only 1st 2 days normal flow n then no flow only spotting for next 4-5 days, ok for a 38 years old lady? Is there any medication to increase flow? Pls advice.
Actually we had some sex but not directly now I got period yesterday but it was not like previously coming period now bleeding comes just light liquid in a day is dis indicates am I pregnant.
Hello sir I have itching on my thigh fold and it turned dark and I usually get foul discharge after intercourse.
I dnt knw m pregnant but my date of period is 5 feb what should I do may I have the urine test or wait.
Varicella Zoster causes Chicken pox too. In some cases of Chicken pox, the virus continues to stay in the nerves and remains dormant for a long time. When activated, this silent virus presents itself as Herpes Zoster. Therefore, 90% patients inflicted with Herpes Zoster report to have had past history of Chicken pox. Herpes Zoster appears as many collections of multiple tiny painful blisters which are filled with dirty white or yellowish fluid.
These collections appear along the distribution of the afflicted nerve. The skin below and around the eruptions is red and inflamed. It usually appears on any one side of the body. The pain varies from mild to severe and can be experienced as burning or shooting pain and can be extremely agonizing. The skin lesion may subside in 3 to 6 weeks, however the pain may last forever.
This condition is called ‘Post-Herpetic Neuralgia’. Therefore, the condition should be treated as fast as possible. Skin to skin contact is the major source of spread. However, it is not extremely infectious. Homoeopathy is strongly recommended in cases of Herpes Zoster. Homoeopathy rapidly cures the disease, relieves the pain, heals the skin lesions, prevents relapse and Post Herpetic Neuralgia.
Although the patient starts feeling comfortable within the first few days of treatment, 8 to 12 weeks of medicines is recommended to heal the lesions completely and prevent relapse and Post-herpetic neuralgia. Treatment should be continued till the affected skin becomes completely clear and healthy.
DR RUSHALI ANGCHEKAR
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
I am 29 years old with 29 weeks and 6 days pregnancy. Wanted to know can I eat dry fruits in limited quantity since everyone says it should be eaten in 9th month.
As I get periods last mnth on 18 after taking medicine sysron again this mnth same problem lot of pain and white discharge but no periods what to do .AS DCT ADVICE MY THYROID PROFILE AND USG ABDOMEN ID NORMAL PLS HELP ME .IS SYRON AGAIN HELP ME.
How should I know that my partner is pregnant or not? If pregnant what should I do to prevent pregnancy please help.
I am 26 years old female, Married last year July. I am trying to conceive but doctor said to take PCO treatment. I have irregular periods. They have given me Cystop M and folic acid. I am taking the medicine past 2 Month. When I started the tablet I had my period in that Month, then next month I dint have my periods. I have a question that will I get pregnant during the treatment itself or after the treatment?
My wife is 50 years old. She did not get her menstrual last month and this month it resumed but even after the completion date the flow is still on and our family doctor has prescribed a tablet etosys 6 to take for 3 days twice a day. Today is the 3rd day and she has consumed 4 tablets as told by the doctor. This morning the flow is as same as the previous days, no changes. Please advise.
Eat a high-fiber diet:
Consuming a diet that is high in fiber and rich in whole grains, vegetables, legumes, and fruits can improve your digestive health" a high-fiber diet helps to keep food moving through your digestive tract, making you less likely to get constipated" adding that a high-fiber diet can also help you prevent or treat various digestive conditions, such as diverticulosis, hemorrhoids, and irritable bowel syndrome. In addition, it can help you achieve or maintain a healthy weight.
Get insoluble and soluble fiber:
It is important to consume both types of fiber, which each help your digestive system in different ways" insoluble fiber, also known as roughage, can't be digested by the body and therefore helps add bulk to the stools, soluble fiber draws in water and can help prevent stools that are too watery" good sources of insoluble fiber include wheat bran, vegetables, and whole grains; get soluble fiber from oat bran, nuts, seeds, and legumes.
Limit foods that are high in fat:
In general, fatty foods tend to slow down the digestive process, making you more prone to constipation. But since it is important to get some fat in your diet, adams says that pairing fatty foods with high-fiber foods can make them easier on your digestive system.
Choose lean meats:
Protein is an essential part of a healthful diet, but fatty cuts of meat can lead to uncomfortable digestion. When you eat meat, select lean cuts, such as pork loin and skinless poultry.
Incorporate probiotics into your diet:
Probiotics are the healthy bacteria naturally present in your digestive tract. They help keep the body healthy by combating the effects of a poor diet, antibiotics, and stress, in addition, probiotics can enhance nutrient absorption, help break down lactose, strengthen your immune system, and possibly even help treat irritable bowel syndrome. Adams recommends that people eat good sources of probiotics, such as low-fat yogurt or kefir, on a daily basis.
Eat on schedule:
Consuming your meals and snacks on a regular schedule can help keep your digestive system in top shape. Aim to sit down for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks around the same time each day.
Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is good for your digestive health. Water in your digestive system helps dissolve fats and soluble fiber, allowing these substances to pass through more easily.
Skip the bad habits:
Smoking and avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol. Liquor, coffee, and cigarettes can interfere with the functioning of your digestive system, and lead to problems like stomach ulcers and heartburn.
" regular exercise helps keep foods moving through your digestive system, reducing constipation" says adams. And exercise can help you maintain a healthy weight, which is good for your digestive health. Make it a point to work regular exercise into your weekly schedule.
Too much stress or anxiety can cause your digestive system to go into overdrive. Find stress-reducing activities that you enjoy and practice them on a regular basis.
Christmas would be incomplete without a delicious Christmas plum cake. This lovely cake is rich in fresh and dried fruits and is soaked in brandy or orange liquor. Preparations for this cake often start a month before Christmas as the fruits are cut and soaked in alcohol until it is time to bake them. Here are 8 fascinating facts about this Christmas cake.
- It has a really long shelf life: Christmas cake or fruitcake can last for months and years. This may be because of the alcohol content in the cake. Many families keep aside a part of the Christmas cake to be eaten during Easter. The longevity of this cake is also why it is the perfect packed food for hunters and travellers.
- It is packed with energy: Christmas cake has a high ratio of fruits to flour and hence is packed with nutrients. On the flip side, this isn’t a cake you want to snack on as it can also increase your waistline.
- Naturally dried fruits are the key to a good Christmas cake: Christmas cake is said to be an acquired taste. However, the key to make a good Christmas cake is to avoid glazed and candied fruits and instead use naturally sweetened and dried fruits. This makes the cake healthier and much more wholesome.
- You can put any fruit into Christmas cake: Christmas fruit cake is an all inclusive cake. A Christmas cake can be made with fresh fruits, dried fruits or a mixture of the two. However, fresh fruit cake has a shorter life span than dried fruit cake.
- It gets better with time: Like wine, Christmas cake ages and tastes better with time. Christmas cake can also be revived, if it has dried out. For this, all you have to do is, steam the cake and drizzle a little more alcohol over it.
- It is a very old recipe: Christmas cake is said to date back to the Roman empire. The Romans used a mixture of pine nuts, barley, raisins, sweetened wine and pomegranate seeds to make a version of the Christmas cake known as satura. However, it was only in the 16th century that it gained popularity.
- The origins of Christmas cake lies in a meat pie: Christmas cake has evolved from the plum pudding. This plum pudding was originally a pie of mixed minced meats and fruits. With time, the meat was removed and only the fruits remained. Later, spice and dried fruits were added to the recipe to give us a modern day Christmas cake.
- Christmas cake was traditionally not eaten on Christmas day: Christmas cake was originally eaten on the twelfth day of Christmas. For this reason, it was also known as the twelfth night cake.