Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SavithaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 24 years. I have diabetes from 2 years. If I get marry, does it spread to my wife and children.
I'm having breathing problem. I feel like I cant breath, or uneven breathing. Sometimes sweat and feel hot, vertigo, feeling of getting faint, and cant sleep either. I have asked physician and he prescribed montelukast tablet, avamys nasal spray, and some one a month injection related to nasal infection or something. But it doesnt seem to help. And Its been 8 months. I have done spirometry test and thetest says i'm fine.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ear aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should consult a doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.
I am 65 years having Diabetes and bp, about a wk checked sugar level which is fbs 148&ppb 217. I take glycomet GP 1 and insulin 18 mng and 28 point night. Bp under control Please advice me.
I want one sex arousal tablet. My husband has no mood in doing sex. Its been 3 years . We are not being able to have sex because his penis is not hard. Other levels all ok for him . Sperm count is excellent. This is the last month I am having hope that with same medicine taken he would get mood also and his erection would be long before penetrating and after also he should stay for a while so that We can conceive.
I am 45 year old and my uric acid 8. 52. What should I eat and not eat and what precaution I should take.
I am from south India. Now I have been residing in Jaipur. Here I can't get ma south foods. The qs is does? Atta flour more preferable over wheat flour? Let me to know the difference and health benefits of it?
I had suffered from severe headache in year 2012 . I consult to a doctor of depression and take medicine for 2 years continuously then I left the medicine again headache started. I diagnosed MRI of head which is normal. I want to ask Is the headache is due to the depression or other diseases may be.
How can I increase my penis size and thickness of my penis? Compare to my friends my penis is small. Please help me.
Corns are small circular patches of thick, hardened skin that generally develop on the toes or soles of feet. They may occur anywhere else on the body. They might be caused due to friction and pressure which may occur, if you wear poorly fitted shoes or as a symptom of some other conditions such as bunions (big toe bent towards other toes) or hammer toe (toe bent at the middle joint).
Corns, especially on feet will not get cured unless its root cause is treated. If left untreated, the skin becomes thicker and more painful. Cures for corns will depend on the cause or nature of the corn. Here are some effective ways to treat most types of corns.
1. Removal of hard skin: A dermatologist can help remove the thickened skin with a scalpel, which will relieve the pressure on the affected tissue.
2. Products that treat corns: Some foot care products are specially designed to allow your skin heal and to redistribute the excess pressure that is causing the corn. These may be prescribed by your dermatologist for quick healing of your corns. Some of these products include:
a. Rehydration creams that soften thickened skin
b. Soft padding or foam insoles that can be inserted into shoes
c. Corn plasters that provide protection
d. Small foam wedges which can be placed between toes to cure soft corns
e. Special silicone wedges that change the position of your toes and help in redistribution of pressure.
3. Salicylic acid: Salicyclic acid, contained in several over-the-counter products is helpful in softening the first layer of dead skin, thereby facilitating its removal. Products containing salicylic acid should not be used if you suffer from conditions that cause circulation problems, such as diabetes, peripheral neuropathy or arterial disease. If you have cracked or broken skin in the area of the corn or sensitive skin, salicyclic acid is not suitable for you either.
You can prevent corns by practising proper foot care, as your feet carry the weight of the entire body and are very susceptible to problems. Using a pumice stone regularly to rub away hard, dead skin is a good way to prevent corns and bacteria. Wearing properly fitted shoes is a must to prevent corns. If you wear heels very often, they may put excessive pressure on your feet. If you suffer from diabetes or other diseases causing circulation problems, do consult a doctor as corns and infections in the feet can lead to more severe infections.
Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
I hav pain in my left neck collar. When I was doing exercise in gym. During barbell Army press set. Currently I hav not taken any medicine.
I m 28years old boy. When ever I go out for a whole ay I feel frequent headache. What is the solution?
I am 21 years old male suffering from severe headache during early morning since 3 weeks please give me any suggestion to get rid of it.
According to figures provided by the World Health Organization, there are currently about 420 million people suffering from diabetes mellitus, in any of its types.
This disease affects one in eleven people, resulting in consequences such as strokes, blindness, heart attacks and chronic renal failure.
In the case of men suffering from this pathology, there is another disease that can not only affect the patient physically but also psychology and is erectile dysfunction.
Fundamentally, it implies the inability to maintain an erection that can lead to a full sexual relationship, affecting in the great majority, diabetic patients between the ages of 50 and 70 years.
Is it true that if I have diabetes I can suffer from erectile dysfunction?
- Yes, and one of the main reasons is because diabetes increases blood sugar levels, causing destruction in the blood vessels.
At the time of having an erection the brain sends an order to the muscles so that these relax, and later, the glasses open and fill with blood generating the erection.
On the other hand, it can also present hardening in the blood vessels what is known as atherosclerosis, which does not allow dilation of the same so you could not reach an erection.
Can erectile dysfunction be diagnosed in time?
- There are currently specialized tests that can demonstrate that a patient is suffering from this disease, but the fastest and most effective method is a constant medical check-up.
Does erectile dysfunction have a cure?
As such there is no cure for this disease, in an initial phase is sought a suitable treatment that allows the patient to have a normal sex life, if this does not work there are other types of drugs that are administered intracavernosa (injections in the Male reproductive member).
In extreme cases, there are surgeries where pumps are implanted that allow a good functioning of the male reproductive system.
How many times a week should a couple have sex to be happy? Science gives the exact number
Physical and emotional intimacy, internal and external factors, form a successful relationship. According to a survey conducted at Florida State University, sex is a key ingredient for marital bliss.
The results of the research were published in the journal Psychological Science, by author Andrea Meltzer. The study was attended by 214 newly married couples. Couples should report their sexual commitment to their partners, assess how satisfied they were with their sex life, and also assess how satisfied they were with their relationship and spouse.
The research found that physical intimacy produces a shine that lasts up to 2 days, increasing long-term relationship satisfaction.
"Our research shows that sexual satisfaction remains high 48 hours after sex, and people with a sexual glow are stronger-that is, people who reported a higher level of sexual satisfaction 48 hours after having sex- reported higher levels High marital satisfaction several months later, "explains Meltzer.
What would be the magic number?
One study uncovered the magic number of how much sex a stable partner should have to be happy. The American research had the participation of more than 30 thousand people with fixed partners and was published in the specialized journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.
They discovered that having sex only once a week is enough to feel satisfied at the wedding. "Although the more frequent sex is associated with greater happiness, this relationship is no longer significant at a frequency greater than once a week," said researcher Amy Muise, a social psychologist.