Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
In My front upper two teeth, one is normal length but other one a bit length more than first one. Is there any treatment to bring these two teeth to same length. Tell how much it will cost?
My teeth became so much senstive when am eating cold items it I reflecting on my teeeth so please can u give solutions.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.
Hello doctor. From last one year my front teeth become loose little bit for one or two then automatic it becomes tight later please tell me the problem.
I have a yellowish patch on my teeth. The teeth is upper incisor right one. How to get this removed? Any dental procedures or home remedy?
If you haven't had your teeth cleaned in the last 3 to 6 months you could be spreading infection to the rest of your body. Please prevent oral systemic health issues by getting your teeth cleaned regularly from your dentist or hygienist. According to the american academy of periodontology, several studies have shown periodontal disease to be associated with heart disease.
I am again here for help. Please suggest me that how should I make my teeth whiter. Its going more yellow than earlier. Please suggest something. Any guide, please suggest?
My lips is looking like burn. Blackish and itching is happening on lips. And in mouth getting ulsar problem. It is all happening since last 15 days.
Hi I am 41yrs old man I have a problem of mouth ulcer in repeated nature from last two months although I have this problem in every season change but this time is repeated how to solve?
Sir/madam, I am 18y old my weight is approx 85 whenever I eat food too much gas is forming in my stomach and i'm getting bad breathe is there any solution for that im looking forward for solution please help me.Please tell.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.