Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. SavithaYour feedback matters!
My wife is vomiting since last 3 days. Her head is swinging also. She is felling vomiting every time. Is this any symptom of pregnancy? She had her period 5 days ago? Please advice what should I do now.
Hi I have one small lymph node in neck below right ear inside skin. If we touch deeply only we can detect that. Its paining sometimes. Its there from last one year. I have consulted one ENT Doctor. But he told no need to worry leave that simply. But its paining sometimes. I am getting ear pain also sometimes. Please suggest me what I have to do?
I have so many pimples on my face, I take many treatments and use many products which removes the pimple but nothing happened can any one tell me the treatment which I do plz.
Not feeling well since last few days and also having pain in my foot and also having fever also. please help me.
My skin is dry. Look like old aged skin. I want healthy skin. Please suggest a natural solution. Do not reply come and consult me. Answer anything.
Last night I have a sex with my husband but i'm not ready to become pregnant now, so what to do now.
I am a student. Am 23 years old. At 28th december doctor found my pressure high 150/100. At that time when Dr. was checking my pressure I realized that my heart is pounding so quickly, I think its a panic. Doctor told me its a very dangerous, and I have got tensed. Now in my home when am checking my blood pressure its showing 122/76,122/80. After few days I went to the doctor and he found my pressure dat much high and I observed at that time my heart is running so quickly. I can not even made myself relax during the check and its showing high. Am totally fit before 28th december. Is it ok or there is any kind of problem. Now am to much tensed. please help me. Thank you.
Dehydration, in simple words, is shortage of water in the body. Every cell in the body needs water in order to function properly. In fact, an adult's body weight is 60% water, while an infant's is up to 80% water. Other than oxygen, there is nothing that the body needs more than water.
Water - the irreplaceable
Water is so important because it has many critical functions in the body. Among other activities, water:
* lubricates the joints and connective tissues
* helps digest the food
* liquifies the mucus when you have got a cold
* eliminates bodily heat through sweat
* carries oxygen, carbohydrates and fats to working muscles
* flushes waste from the body through urine
* boosts endurance during prolonged exercise
* wards off bladder infections by washing out harmful bacteria
* helps curb your appetite
* plumps up wrinkles
* quenches thirst
Types of dehydration;
Mild, moderate and severe are the three types of dehydration. In mild dehydration, body loses 5% of its fluid. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 10%, it is moderate dehydration where medical attention is required. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 15%, it is severe dehydration where the affected person should be hospitalized immediately for intravenous replacement of fluids. In summer one could have lot of sweating which is very normal as the body balances its temperature. The only precaution that could prevent any type of dehydration is to replace lost fluid by drinking plenty of water regularly. Make it a point to take a minimum of 3 litres of water daily.
Dehydration can happen due to:
* insufficient liquid/water intake
* excessive loss of fluids due to diarrhea, vomiting and sunstroke
Signs and symptoms:
* furious thirst
* dizziness or nausea
* extreme exhaustion
* loss of elasticity of skin and wrinkling
* reduced urination
* easily irritable
* dry tongue
Treatment - home remedies
In mild cases of dehydration, the treatment is following the simple thumb rule of replacing the lost fluid. Non-alcoholic drinks may be given in plenty. Coconut water is the best. The oral dehydration solutions and sachets are available, which are easy to use. The following are some of the home remedies:
* drink plenty of water by adding sugar or salt to it.
* take yogurt, buttermilk, mint, apple, pomegranate, papaya, banana, carrot, potato, etc.
* add a few drops of pudinhara to half a cup of water and drink 3 - 4 times.
* drink a mixture of 1 tsf mint juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juie and 1 tsf honey.
* drink 1/2 tsf of dry ginger powder in 1 cup of buttermilk, 3 - 4 times a day.
* chew a few pieces of inner lining of pomegranate with salt and/or drink pomegranate juice.
* prepare a mixture by adding 1/2 tsf lemon juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juice and 1/4 tsf pepper powder and drink it.
* roast 1/2 tsf cumin (jeera) seeds and 1/2 tsf fenugreek seeds; mix and powder it, add to 4 tsf of yogurt, take it thrice a day.
* grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups of water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.
* stew apple with 2 pinches of nutmeg powder and 1 tsf sugar and eat it.
* eat plenty of fresh fruits.
* eat one green banana every two to four hours until symptoms subside.
* food rich in potassium are important to restore the body's essential stores depleted during diarrhea. Such foods include lentils, bananas, mangoes, pineapples, coconut milk and citrus fruits.
* avoid alcohol and caffeine, apticots, peas, pears, peaches, plums, prunes, etc. During dehydration.
I get pimples small on my cheek and chin areas during my periods and takes time to clear up leaving a mark. Kindly help I am 40 years female. This may bw due to hormonal change. My pimples are too tiny and in clusters.
I got body pains from 2 days, and symptoms looks like a fever. The reason might be slept at terrace directly exposing to fogg (snow) or I have allergy of past food, if will take I am getting sick, What medication should I prefer? Thank you.
Hi I am a female of age 26 years.From past 7 years I have been on antidepressants nexito 20. I had a family history of depression as my mother and father both have been depression patients. From past 2 years I reduced my doze on my own to nexito 10 because my physician told me to do so. Now I want to completly cut of this medicine because it's making me obese and also I am feeling better now. It's only sometime I feel like hallucinations and I feel like my head is moving in air but most of the tes I am better. Please tell me how should I stop this medicine completly and also I shud not feel the withdrawal systems which are very difficult to cope with. Thanks
Generally known as Lasoon. To maintain normal health there is no any other substitute except Garlic.
It?s a great n effective natural antibiotic.
How to use:
Skin Problem: with neem for best result
Whooping cough: 1- Tab 2 times in day
Asthma: 3 pcs of Garlic boiled in Milk & drink every day night
Low BP: 1 Tab 2 times in a day
Earache: Boil well in oil and filter, use as ear drops
Phlegm: To Filtered as above & rub on chest and throat
Gas / Indigestion: 2- tab at Night
Its also useful in Fungal Infection, Acne, Obesity,Pimples, Tuberculosis, Ring Worms Etc ?