Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Savita KohliYour feedback matters!
I think im getting pregnant idk I read on goggle about pregnant symptoms in that it is swollen of breast im getting fat thats it sowhat to do to avoid this unprotected pregnancy.
Contraception refers to something, which works to prevent a pregnancy from occurring. But what is emergency contraception? This sort of contraception is made use of in case other methods of birth control do not work or a woman has had unprotected sex.
This sort of contraception is also referred to as the morning after pill and postcoital contraception, which effectively means that it is taken after sex. Well, if while having sexual intercourse, there is a breakage of the condom or it slips off the penis, then it is a good idea to make use of emergency contraceptives, as should a woman if it so happens that she misses two or more birth control pills over the course of her monthly cycle.
While it is true that a large majority of emergency contraceptives, which are available in the market today are in the form of pills, note that this is not the only form of emergency contraception. As a matter of fact, copper containing intra uterine devices (IUDs) happen to be the most effective way to prevent a pregnancy from occurring, but this is only true if they are fitted within five days of unprotected sex. Again, even in this case, the sooner, the better!
Most people believe that an emergency contraceptive is almost always successful in ending a pregnancy. This is quite inaccurate as the main intention of an emergency contraceptive is not to end a pregnancy, but to prevent it from happening in the first place. This is exactly why it is so essential to have an emergency contraceptive pill after sex as soon as possible. The longer a woman delays, the higher the risk of fertilisation taking place and pregnancy then being left to be a foregone conclusion.
It is important to keep in mind that emergency contraception is not a substitute for taking precautions when it comes to sex. As a matter of fact, it can be said that there is no substitute for being responsible and making use of condoms or birth-control pills in a prudent way. After all, who wants to have the stress and the repercussions of a potential unwanted pregnancy? It makes quite a bit of sense to take some extra care so that there is no need for anxiety, as it isn’t really required and sex remains as much fun as intended! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Sir/madam I participated in sex on 7 DEC my partner having bleeding heavily. Her period time was 1-7 of every month but this month she didn't get period as regular staring day of periods she bleed and then it stop after few day on 7 th we have sex from the next day she bleeds heavily til today. My partner was very scary and feared about heavily bleeding please help me sir/madam I am also afraid of it please help me is their any problem please tell me.
My wife age 28 our first baby was born 4/08/14 by operation present time my wife stomach was not in shape she look like fat lady she always do exercise daily but it still in that position not any improvements. So give us guideline or any medicines please help sir or mam.
Hi my Mom got paralysis stroke 1 month back. Her right hand and leg not working. She is under medication and taking physiotherapy. She is a diabetic patient. Her leg is not swollen but her right is swollen. Please advise.
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that stimulates surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen being a “male hormone,” causes development of muscle mass and hair in men, and it has similar effects on women as well when present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Hence, owing to troubles in ovulation (discharge of ovules from the ovaries), one may experience difficulties in getting pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS are unaffected by the influence of the hormone ‘insulin’, which indicates, that it requires a larger amount of insulin to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "hirsutism." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.3
Acne. Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
Hair Loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness
Weight Gain. Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
Skin Darkening. Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
There is apparently no procedure to cure PCOS and improve fertility; but the treatment is tailored as per the symptoms of the condition:
A lack of ovulation and menstrual cycles hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation and menstrual cycle which can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise of both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
PCOS along with insulin resistance warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which are prescribed to enhance insulin sensitivity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.
I'm married with 2 children's .not doing breastfeeding I am feeling pain in my nipples. please suggest..
I'm 28 years old and since 3 years married and waiting for a baby. I had a baby in 2013 but due to some problems during delivery, baby is no more. Please advise.
Hi I'm 28 years old. And married women with no baby. Last month I have a period for 2-3 days without heavy flow and no pain. In this month it is only come for 1 day. Am I pregnant?
Protein has many important functions in the body and is essential for growth and maintenance. Protein needs can easily be met by eating a variety of plant-based foods. Combining different protein sources in the same meal is not necessary. Sources of protein for vegetarians and vegans include beans, nuts, nut butters, peas, and soy products (tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers). Milk products and eggs are also good protein sources for lacto-ovo vegetarians.
Iron functions primarily as a carrier of oxygen in the blood. Iron sources for vegetarians and vegans include iron-fortified breakfast cereals, spinach, kidney beans, black-eyed peas, lentils, turnip greens, molasses, whole wheat breads, peas, and some dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes, raisins).
Calcium is used for building bones and teeth and in maintaining bone strength. Sources of calcium for vegetarians and vegans include calcium-fortified soymilk, calcium-fortified breakfast cereals and orange juice, tofu made with calcium sulfate, and some dark-green leafy vegetables (collard greens, turnip greens, bok choy, mustard greens). The amount of calcium that can be absorbed from these foods varies. Consuming enough plant foods to meet calcium needs may be unrealistic for many. Milk products are excellent calcium sources for lacto vegetarians. Calcium supplements are another potential source.
Zinc is necessary for many biochemical reactions and also helps the immune system function properly. Sources of zinc for vegetarians and vegans include many types of beans (white beans, kidney beans, and chickpeas), zinc-fortified breakfast cereals, wheat germ, and pumpkin seeds. Milk products are a zinc source for lacto vegetarians.
Vitamin B12 is found in animal products and some fortified foods. Sources of vitamin B12 for vegetarians include milk products, eggs, and foods that have been fortified with vitamin B12. These include breakfast cereals, soymilk, veggie burgers, and nutritional yeast.
I am 21 years old, and I wont get my monthly cycle correctly, every month the date changes, my question is, will it effect in my pregnancy, in future, but i am not married yet?
Water is an essential content of our body approx 70% of our body cells. Water is a good transport & helps our cells to conduct their normal physiological metabolism.
Apart from this water is helpful in treating many kind of diseases like viz: renal calculus, dyspepsia, acid peptic disease, chronic ischemis heart disease, hypertension, hyper acidity, dehydration, low blood pressure, constipation, pain management, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, anemia, irregular menses, diabetes, etc etc. So I advice to all take plenty of water as much as they can. Minimum water intake should be atleast 4-6 ltrs. Per day. Have a nice day.
Have you taken your today's water?
If I have oral and anus sex unprotected sex I tested for chlamydia in throat it and got negative if I have no oral Chlamydia do I have Chlamydia? I didn't test for anus.
I am getting Orange/red vaginal discharge after using candida suppository treatment. Is this normal?
I am facing infertility issues and gynae advised me for PCR menstrual blood test. wats PCR Mentrual blood for? I have undergone tube test and they were patent. Do i still need to go for PCR menstrual blood.
My gf has blue veins in her breasts nd her areola is getting bigger. She got over with her normal periods wich lasted for 5 days. It was 70% of the usual bleeding she has. We did home pregnancy test 2 times in a weeks interval. 1 was on 3rd May nd 2nd was on 11th May, both wdr negative. So its unlikely that she might be pregnant. So what could be the reason for the blue veins nd big areola and why? Please help.
My boyfriend fingered me but now am quite scared because I missed my period for last month n my breasts seemed to be very painful to touch. A white fluid is coming out of my vagina in a quite large amount. I don't have any other problems. But I am scared. Am I pregnant?
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.