Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savita KohliYour feedback matters!
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms.
My gf is 21 days pregnant. Though she didn't had her periods yet. We dnt want this pregnancy. please suggest. Is taking unwanted kit' wud be a safe option at this stage?
Child deliveries during pregnancies are of two types. If you are pregnant or have someone in your family who is then you can either go for caesarean section (or C-section) delivery or normal delivery, which is also known as vaginal delivery. In some case C-section delivery is chosen by your doctor as it may be a safer option in case you have some health complications. Diabetes, high blood pressure or herpes can cause complication that may in advance let you know whether the delivery procedure would be C-section or the normal one. Here are the pro and cons of both the procedure.
Natural Delivery: Benefits and Disadvantages
- Shorter stay in the hospital and time for recovery can help you in case of normal delivery.
- It may be physically painful but at the end of the day as it is a natural delivery method and you will experience less postpartum pain.
- There would be lesser chances of respiratory problems in your baby.
- Normal delivery may cause fear and anxiety which may lead to huge complications. Even your baby may face the risk of being deprived of oxygen from cord compression.
- It is also more painful and unpredictable.
- There may be increased chances of pelvic organ prolapses in normal section deliveries.
C-section: Benefits and Disadvantages
- You will be well in advance told about the delivery date by your doctor and hence planning is made easy. 2. If you have any infection like herpes chances of your baby being is reduced by c section delivery.
- There will be lesser risk of pelvic floor injury and few cases of urinary continence.
- There will be no risk of birth related trauma like bruises and swelling.
- There are surgical risks of anesthesia which can cause severe adverse side effects like headache, nausea and vomiting.
- There are also chances of heart attacks and blood clotting in veins. You may also have chances of postpartum infection in c section delivery.
- Numbness around the area of operation and bleeding may require a hysterectomy which is a surgery to remove the uterus.
There are many other pro and cons of the two methods of delivery and you should always consult your doctor and follow proper medications for better delivery of the newborn.
Hii.Im 18 i am suffering from over bleading. My weight is 49. suffer every month with this problem it takes 35-40 days to stop bleeding. Please suggets me why this happens and what precautions should i take to over come this problem ?
I am suffering from post menopausal depression anxiety and insomnia. I am also loosing lot of frontal hair please advice.
The debate whether white potatoes are healthier or their sweeter counterparts can be put to rest if you consider the nutrient content of both.
It will be favourable to begin with the fact that each type of potato, whether white or sweet, has its own health benefits, though they differ in nutritional content. So, let’s take a look at what both have to offer when it comes to nutrition.
1. Starch and fibre content
Starch and dietary fibre are present in high amounts in both white and sweet potatoes. Starch provides your body with immense energy, enabling you to perform your daily tasks. As for fibre, it keeps your stomach full for a long time.
1 cup of white potato contains 10 grams of starch and 1.8 grams of fibre, while a similarly sized serving of sweet potato comes with 16.80 grams starch and 4 grams fibre. So when it comes to starch and fibre content, sweet potato is the clear winner.
2. Potassium content
Potassium is required by your body to aid the process of metabolism and to support the proper functioning of your nervous and muscular systems. When it comes to potassium, yet again sweet potatoes record a higher content. A regular cup of sweet potatoes contains 448 milligrams of potassium, while a cup of white potatoes contains 305 milligrams of the nutrient.
3. Vitamin content
Vitamin A plays a vital role in enhancing your vision and improving your immunity. Sweet potatoes are enriched with considerably larger amounts of vitamin A in comparison to white ones. Consumption of a cup of this spud in chopped form gives your body 18,869 IU or international units of vitamin A in comparison to the mere 6 IU contained in the same amount of white potatoes. Additionally, sweet potatoes prove to be superior in terms of vitamin C and B6 content as well, which provide for better metabolism and an enhanced nervous system.
So sweet potatoes are clearly better for your health than white ones. Moreover, their calorie content is also lower than that of white potatoes despite being sweet to taste.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 21 years old and suffer from PCOD since the past 5 years. Recently my cycles stopped for 6 months .i was put on pills which I took for almost a year. Then I stopped taking it ,after that I had periods normally without pills for 2 months. Now again it is irregular. What should I take to have regular periods? I have no serious weight gain issue but have acne (hormonal)
Sir apne life partner ke sath Aneal sex Karne se koi problem ho skta hai kya ager Anal sex kare to kya condom ke sath ya Bina condom ke sath.
I am 5th month pregnant. I am gaining weight fast, at the time of conceive my weight is 72 kg now 79. 6 kg.nd daily I do walking. please suggest me the food nd proper exercises.
I am 42 years old, I am suffer from black spots under eyes and pains in hands and feet. When the periods starts, I feel very in comfort. From last four months my periods are last for 15 days. If one month periods is less and then next month it is very high. What are the remedies, and medicines should I follow to reduce these problems. Please suggest. Thank you.
I am 33 years I have 2 sons age is 5 an 3. Know we are planing 4r 3rd, frm last 2 months am not conceivng my husband know went to gulf country know he vill come in July only for 3 days. So what should I do for my pregnancy?
One month baby k abortion k liye abortion pill lene k baad kitne din tk bleeding hoti h. N abortion k baad kya khana chahiye or kya nhi?
Hiii im 24 years old I have problem of periods ans excess of white wil be realizing what is the problem and how to control it?
Hi which is more safety is it having sex wit a protection or taken birth control pills? Please suggest! If taken birth control pills how many days before is d women supposed to take?
Dear Sir, I have thyroid, and iam right now taking the tablet thyronorm 100mg, but my weight is still getting incerase of monthly 3 kgs - 5 kgs my colour is also getting too dark, and i have irregular mensutral problems too right now.
Low libido in men has become a serious concern nowadays as is evident from the increased demand for male infertility medicines in the market. These modern medicines focus on suppressing the symptoms of the problem rather than cure the root cause of the problem. Ayurveda can help you get a deeper understanding of these issues regarding male health and also provide a permanent cure with herbs and proper diet guidelines.
Low libido can lead to infertility and hamper your relationship. Male infertility is the end result of a poor diet that overuses bitter, salty, sour and spicy ingredients, emotional pressure, aging, improper fasting, suppressing urges, excessive exercising, and genetic factors. General stress and worrying in life might cause lack of interest in spending time with your partner. Ayurveda provides herbal remedy for male infertility and brings back the happiness and closeness in your relationship. Herbs have the power to treat male weaknesses at their root and help in faster recovery.
This is the most popular herb that is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for male infertility. It has the ability to cure the ailments of the reproductive system. It has an abundance of folate which metabolises protein faster. It contains lots of iron of vitamin E; both of these nutrients are beneficial for the good physical health of males. It directly raises the testosterone levels. Consuming this herb will elevate the youth hormones in your body and rejuvenate your reproductive system to remove any weakness and debilities. Increase the consumption of green vegetables with consumption of the asparagus herb to eliminate your troubles faster by improving the flow of blood and enhance the supply of nutrients.
Shilajit is a very powerful herb that provides long-lasting energy, vitality, and stamina. It improves the hormonal secretions and promotes the release of growth hormones in proper regulation. Optimum availability of such hormones helps in keeping males active, energised and fit. It also promotes longevity and slows down the aging process. Shilajit is known for its anti-aging properties. It is loaded with antioxidants which are good for reducing the damage of cells and tissues. It supplements about 85 different kinds of nutrients in the form of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and proteins. Shilajit strengthens the bones, speeds up tissue generation and balances the flow of energy all over the body. This herb is a powerful aphrodisiac that raises the sperm count and greatly recovers male fertility. It not only improves the libido but provides all-around strength.
3. Ras Sindoor
Ras Sindoor is another important herb that can treat sexual weakness in men and improve vitality and strength. This herb is a source of many mineral and bioactive nutrients. It is a natural remedy formale libido weakness. It cures general debility and low energy levels which slow the functioning process of the body. It is a powerful cleanser of the blood. The nutrients in this herb cleanse the blood of harmful compounds and traces of pollutants and metals. Ras Sindoor is used in many supplements for its ability to increase power and stamina in males.
4. Abhrak Bhasma
Abhrak Bhasma is highly beneficial herb to increase the rate of tissue generation in the male body. It is one of the best herbs for the treatment of male infertility. It protects the body from illnesses and helps in the faster recovery from weaknesses. It promotes the growth of T cells and phagocytes which are good for a healthy immune system. This herb helps in reversing the damage done by wrong practices earlier that had a negative impact on the male genitals and caused weaknesses. The Abhrak Bhasma should be used by males to gain healthy tissues and organs.
All these herbs provide an effective herbal remedy for male infertility and give rise to the male libido. Ayurvedic medicines are beneficial for the human body as it has no side-effects and provides permanent cures to all kinds of physical weaknesses.
Ath Ayurdhamah is dedicated to restoring and maintaining the lost balance between physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, through the understanding and practice of age-old systems of Ayurveda and Yoga. Our strength lies in understanding the body and its performance at constitutional level and that is what we apply to our Remedies.