Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Savita KohliYour feedback matters!
Hi I have missed my periods for 53 days. I have taken two pregnancy test the result is negetive. I didnt have any pregnancy symptoms. I have little white discharge, back pain and leg pain. Am I pregnant?
Hi, I had sex with my boyfriend just before 4 days of periods. But unfortunately I did not get my periods yet. Its been 9 days we had sex nd 5 days delay of my periods. I'm 100% sure that I'm not pregnant because we used condom very effectively. I observed the same situation previously in my periods delay when we have sex just before they start. Otherwise it is regular every month. Why is it happening. Can someone help me out to understand.
Ever increasing temperature during summers make it very essential to be hydrated with lots of fluids taken in a frequent interval. Proper hydration not only helps general health, it also helps the oral health by maintaining right moisture in the mouth. Natural juices like tender coconut, buttermilk, lassi etc make good choices while carbonated drinks should be avoided.
Walking during pregnancy is the best cardiovascular exercise. A pregnant women can do it at home or anywhere else. Walking is a great, safe exercise for pregnant women. It’s an ideal way to make sure that you’re getting the exercise you need in pregnancy. Brisk walking works your heart and lungs.
Start with a short, comfortable stroll and gradually increase the duration of the walk.
Once you’ve got into the habit of walking regularly, you can build up to faster, 30-minute walking sessions, four or more times a week.
You can walk for longer than that. Slow down or stop if you feel tired or feel any pain.
Swimming is safe in pregnancy.
Swimming helps to keep you fit, which will make it easier to adapt to pregnancy.
Swimming is a particularly good exercise in pregnancy, as the water helps to support your extra weight.
It’s usually safe for you to swim throughout your pregnancy.
Benefits of swimming:
• improve circulation
• boost heart and lung function
• increase muscle tone and strength
• build endurance
• reduce swelling and fluid retention
• burn calories, which helps to manage weight gain
• promote good sleep.
Yoga in pregnancy
Yoga is a way of life, opt for a beginner’s yoga class that uses a gentle form of yoga.
Wear loose, comfortable, light clothing. Yoga is easier to do if you’re barefoot, so you don’t need any special footwear.
Yoga should be practiced daily. Join regular aerobic exercise too, such as brisk walking or swimming. This will complement your yoga practice and help to develop muscle tone, strength and stamina.
What is pilates?
Pilates makes your body strong, flexible and balanced. It involves a series of movements and positions that help to improve your strength. The movements focus on your tummy, pelvic floor muscles and back muscles, which are all key to good posture, balance and strength. They also help your back and pelvis.
How can pilates help me in pregnancy?
Pilates strengthens your tummy, back and pelvic floor muscles without straining other joints, so it’s a great exercise to do when you’re pregnant. Some research suggests that doing pilates regularly can be as effective as doing pelvic floor exercises.
The main benefit of pilates is that it targets the exact muscles and functions that can be a problem during pregnancy and after birth, in a safe way.
Benefits of pilates:
• strengthen your tummy muscles, which equips your body better to cope with the strains caused by the weight of your growing baby.
• reduces back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilize your back and pelvis. Weak muscles can lead to back or pelvic pain.
• strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus (womb) as your baby grows and moves down.
• pilates exercises strengthen your core and may make you more stable when you walk as your bump grows.
• takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions such as going on your hands and knees, which is a great position for pregnancy.
Aerobic exercise gets your heart beating a little faster, and makes you slightly out of breath.
Doing regular, low-impact aerobic exercise in pregnancy will help you to:
• strengthen your heart and lungs tone your muscles ease pregnancy aches and pains get a better night’s sleep.
• all of this will help you to stay positive and make you better equipped to cope with the demands of pregnancy and birth.
All the luxuries we possess are any how not going to give us health. Stay a step behind, walk a bit, eat a bit less but nutritious, laugh a bit more, sleep on time and adequate, fear god, and life is worth living. Health is wealth. Stay healthy.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello. I got married last 3 years before untill now I do not have baby. As we shown to gyno she suggest me to take out my sperm analysis rep. And hormonal test for my wife. Both of us report are normal and fine she said. Then why my wife can not conceive? Why she is not getting pregnant? Every month she get 7 to 10 days up and then her periods come. And one thing that my wife womb cover is little small so is the reason that my wife is not getting preg?
I am 26 year old I have irregular periods problem, my periods usually happen after three to four months. Two year back I got married. And from last one year me and my husband v both are trying. For the baby. I am afraid whether I will get pregnant or not. please help me out.
Healthy lifestyle is a hot topic in the health industry today and why not? After indulging ourselves in unhealthy foods and sedentary lifestyles, our generation has become a heap of the obese population. This resulted in a number of diseases like Diabetes, hypertension, and heart diseases. So now when the bar rose above our control limit, we are desperately trying to solve things. And healthy lifestyle and healthy foods to eat are the two major pillars we need to build. In fact, a few healthy lifestyle tips can go a long way in improving your overall health and mental well-being.Therefore, in order to help you more in finding a variety of good health tips, we bring to you 5 major healthy lifestyle tips that you ought to know.
5 Recommended Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Morning is the best time for starting off a healthy day. Hence instead of the regular health tips of the day, we bring to you these 5 amazing healthy lifestyle tips to start your day with. Let the beginning be healthy itself!
1. Start the day with a glass of water
Drink water as part of a healthy morning routine
This should be a default morning routine for a healthy lifestyle. Water gives you a healthy start because it helps in proper circulation of nutrients in the body. Water serves as the body’s transportation system.
Amazing Roles of Water in our body
A. Helps in weight loss
Let us tell you that water doesn’t have some magical property that kills fat (sorry!), but it can help you with your weight loss efforts. First off, by staying hydrated, one can prevent overeating. That is because a lot of people confuse thirst with hunger! Isn’t drinking water better than eating high energy foods?
B. Flushes out toxins early on
It is a long known secret that drinking water as soon as you get up, i.e. before eating anything is a good way to purify your internal system. This practice helps to flush off the toxins from our body and cleanses the colon thus it enables better absorption of nutrients from various foods.
C. Helps in getting a glowing skin throughout the day
Water, the first thing in the morning, helps improve the skin glow by flushing off the toxins from the body. It also helps the skin do its job of regulating the body’s temperature through sweating, renewing the body cells.
2. Consume a healthy breakfast within the first hour of waking up
Consume a healthy breakfast within an hour of waking up
A healthy lifestyle has a lot to do with your meal timings. Since breakfast is the most important meal of a day, here’s the perfect tips for a healthy breakfast.
A) Best time to have breakfast: The optimum time to have breakfast is 7 am, or within the first hour of waking up.
B)Qualities of the breakfast: Breakfast should always be healthier, heavier, and eaten at earliest. Almost 60% of our total calories should come from our breakfast.
C)Start the breakfast with: A fresh fruit or vegetable juice after a glass of water is advisable. If you plan to consume both, you could do so. It is a nutritional double whammy. Eating fruits, the first thing in the morning, after a glass of water is highly advisable. That is because fruits may not be digested and absorbed properly if eaten right after a meal. Eating fruits/ drinking vegetable juice early could also reduce the number of carbs consumed in breakfast.
D) Follow up breakfast with: You can then add protein-rich items like egg or sprouts. Studies show that including eggs in breakfast can help you eat fewer calories for the next 3 hours. Which translates to losing more weight and body fat. If you can’t or don’t eat eggs for some reason, then any source of good quality protein should do the trick.
E) Some breakfast suggestions: After a protein-rich food, you can consume regular breakfast items consisting of complex carbs or healthy carbs such as pesarattu (moong dal chilla)/ idly/ wheat vegetable upma/ vegetable dosa/ red poha with vegetables etc.
3. Make some time for a morning exercise routine
15 minutes of morning exercise routine is important
We know morning could be a hectic time but try taking time out for at least 15 minutes of morning exercise for weight loss. It could something simple like spot jogging, planks, squats, or even a few Surya Namaskars. Try doing it every alternate day until it becomes you have a daily morning exercise charted out.
4. Don’t skip any nutrient group throughout the day
- A balanced healthy daily diet will keep you healthy
- A healthy lifestyle or a healthy living is very much about having all the food groups in your diet. With zero carb diet plans becoming popular for weight loss, one should know that every food group is important for the body.
- Carbohydrates are all about energy and are found in foods like fruits, grains, bread, and dairy products. They have wrongly implicated because they provide energy but they also provide both minerals and vitamins. Hence, we should not avoid this food group as a part of a healthy daily diet.
What happens when you completely skip carbohydrates?
If you stop eating carbohydrate, you rapidly lose water weight as your body breaks down the stored carbohydrates,” explains Darwin Deen, MD, Senior attending physician at Montefiore Medical Centre’s Department of Family and Social Medicine in the Bronx, New York. ” The problem is that a low-carbohydrate diet is not a normal balance of physiologic nutrition. As soon as you start eating carbohydrates again, your body replenished your carbohydrate stores and your weight comes back. So it is always advisable to have everything as per the required allowance.”
Consume more of fruits and vegetables: Aim to reach at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in a day because that is the recommended amount to keep lifestyle diseases at bay.
5. Consume healthy snacks every 2-3 hours
You may have a healthy diet plan but as long as you don’t account for snacks, you may fail at leading a healthy lifestyle. How to counter this? Always have healthy, non-fried but baked snacks handy. If possible, you can make some yourself at home! That will prevent unnecessary snacking. In fact, frequently snacking with small healthy meals help in weight maintenance.
Within 4 hours after unprotected sex I have taken 1st ipill. 2nd ipill I have taken after protected sex just to be sure I don't get pregnant and 3rd I have taken 20 days back. Please advice me is there any chances of getting pregnant as I want to avoid pregnancy?
I am 14 weeks pregnant. But no symptoms. Sometimes back pain, abdomen pain. So I did use baby growth is too less. No heartbeat. But when I did hsg after 2 month baby heartbeat was 148. Doctor told genetic problem. Now hospital will do missed abortion. Future again I will get pregnancy or not.
I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am 26 years old. I have 2 very early miscarriage in past. I am not a diabetic earlier. But during pregnancy I checked my sugar 2 hour after taking 75gm glucose, empty stomach in morning. And it shows 186 mg/dl. Is it high? Should I need medicine to control it? My Dr. Told me to take cetapin xr 500 2 times a day. But from past 1 week I stop to take medicine. And my sugar level remain between 110-160 after 1 hour of eating lunch&dinner. So should I continue medicine or not? Is cetapin safe in pregnancy?
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
I am 6 week 3 day pregnant. My recent Protein s test from Metropolis lab show 57% where as range is 57% to 95% in first trimester. Earlier my first miscarriage investigation shown my protein s was 53% non pregnant where as range is 55% to 70%. My present doctor advised me to not take risk and take one injection daily till 9 month. Whay should I do. This is very frustrating treatment for me take take injection daily. Please guide according. My yesterday usg shown 6 w 3 days well growth of baby.
I don't have pcod. I had got the ultrasound done and it mentions everything is normal. My AMH was slightly elevated. The reading was 5, but since pcod wasn't detected in the ultrasound the doctor told me we need not do too much about it. She asked me to take normoz to help amh come down. How will this affect ovulation and pregnancy is what I want to know.
- Vlisters and ulceration on external genitalia, in the vagina, or on the cervix
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain and itching
- Tender, enlarged lymph nodes
- Pain when urinating
- High temperature (fever)
- Malaise (feeling unwell)
- Cold sores around the mouth
- Red blisters on the skin