Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SavitaYour feedback matters!
I have too much pain during the time of period n I used to take medicine without medicine I can't wakeup n walk the medicine name is meftal spas.
I am 22 year female and have fibroadenomas. A large lump of 3.60 in my left breast. What should I do? I dont want any surgery as it leaves me a scar. Is there any alternative to it? iam so worried and depressed about it.
This time I can't afford child please tell me some medicine for preventing pregnancy please tell me Cooper T It is safe or unsafe.
My wife is just in menopause. If the sperm is discharged inside the vagina at the time of intercourse is there are any possibility of pregnancy?
My mom is 51 year old and she had done her ferritin, serum test. So I am providing the report i. E, 51.30 ng/ml bio ref interval- (10.00-291.00). Can you please let me know is it fine or not.
I had spontaneous abortion/ chemical pregnancy twice. Now I got again pregnant and this time my Gyne put me on" Duphaston" twice a day, Bharglob inj once in a 3 week, and Evapaui n 40 mg pen inj daily (i have to inject myself. I don't under stand the purpose of pen inj.
Is there any chance for pregnancy on 12 th day from periods without breaking hymen and with only precum. From how many days after intercourse we can check using a pregnancy kit.
My father has a impression of simple renal cyst noted in the right lower pole measuring 1.60 × 1.30 cms. No masses, stones or back impression are seen. Also, liver showing increased, hepatic parenchymal echopattern s/o Grade 1 fatty liver. Please suggest treatment and medication. Thank you.
How a girl can be pregnant? Whats was the symptoms of pregnancy? How can I naturally stop pregnancy?
A Holistic Approach To Fertility
We have various associations and provides a supportive, personal and holistic approach. The different therapies include yoga, meditation. Each offers a different method of help and can be used in conjunction to conventional and evidence-based treatments, providing many benefits as part of an integrated health plan.
Couples who combine their IVF treatment with these therapies frequently report they feel calmer, emotionally stronger, and more able to cope with the demands of the IVF regimen, and importantly, feel more hopeful about the outcome.
Research has examined the interplay between fertility and environmental and lifestyle factors as well as the impact of specific complementary therapies.
Herbal Medicine, Supplements and Naturopathy
Herbal medicines and supplements can increase fertility, however they can also interact with drugs you may have been prescribed if undergoing IVF treatment and if used incorrectly, they can interfere with your fertility and chances of success.
We work closely with expert Naturopaths who are highly experienced in this area.
Herbal medicines should only be used in between IVF cycles and discontinued at the beginning of an IVF cycle.
Physical benefits of complementary therapies:
A healthy diet along with exercise helps to build a strong foundation for pregnancy and improved fertility.
Complementary therapies such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, meditation and yoga can help regulate your menstrual cycle, improve fertility, vitality and boost ovulation.
Improved health before conception can help enhance the quality of sperm and egg, lower the rate of miscarriage and increase fertility.
Emotional benefits of complementary therapies:
Holistic care can be helpful in lowering your anxiety and dealing with emotional stress while also increasing the chances of conception.
We are here to support you!
You may experience intense feelings and stress at various times on your journey from initial contact right through to becoming a parent. We understand and our entire team is committed to supporting you and helping you to cope as effectively as possible.
We believe that Counselors can be an integral part of your journey providing additional one-on-one support when you need it.
Whether you need a little extra support as an individual or with your partner, We are always there for you.
We are all here to help guide you through your medical treatment, the uncertainty of the outcomes and can provide advice and assistance in dealing with family, friends, work and the fertile world during this time.
We believe in comprehensive care for the body, mind, emotions and spirit and will ensure you receive the best possible advice on the most appropriate complementary support for you.
Can Complementary Therapies support fertility?
Many people use complementary or alternative therapies to improve their overall physical and emotional health. This could include medicines, such as herbal, vitamin, mineral, homoeopathic, nutritional and other supplements, and therapies such as , chiropractic, naturopathy, osteopathy, acupuncture, homoeopathy, reflexology and aromatherapy.
There is limited evidence of the beneficial impact of complementary and alternative medicines and therapies on fertility. While improving your general health is clearly beneficial, we do not routinely recommend their use to improve your chance of conception.
If you would like to try alternative therapies while also seeking medical support for conception, it is important that you tell your doctor. While some complementary medicines may interfere with fertility treatments, acupuncture and vitamin supplements are generally not considered to be incompatible with treatments.
Am a 20 years old, Medical student. I need a favour from the Doctors regarding a question. What are Post Natal menses? For how many days do they long for? What are the symptoms of this? Please help me to find out the right answers to my Questions. It will be very helpful for me. Thanking you. Regards.
What is DNS? Will that help in getting pregnancy? What are the other tests to be done to check if everything is Okay for getting pregnant?
Mam Meri wife ko period 20th ko ana Hai aur ham 13th se pregnancy k liye try Kar rhy Hai to Kiya ye try Karna Hai Hai fir ham sirf time loss Kar rhy Hai please mam bataiye hamko.
Am 20 years female. I have one inverted nipple do dz cause any problem for me nd please give me a solution.
My wife missed her period (mensuration) after a week we checked pregnancy test found positive after a day she got slight bleeding for 2 days, now again checked found positive what is the reason for bleeding.
Ginger is a common ingredient in asian and indian cuisine. However, ginger has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries among many cultures. The root or underground stem (rhizome) of the ginger plant can be consumed fresh, powdered, dried as a spice, in oil form or as juice.
Possible health benefits of ginger:
1) Digestive issues:
The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal irritation, stimulate saliva and bile production and suppress gastric contractions and movement of food and fluids through the GI tract.
- Chewing raw ginger or drinking ginger tea is a common home remedy for nausea during cancer treatment.
- Pregnant women experiencing morning sickness can safely use ginger to relieve nausea and vomiting, often in the form of ginger lozenges or candies.
- During cold weather, drinking ginger tea is good way to keep warm. It is diaphoretic, which means that it promotes sweating, working to warm the body from within. As such, in the wake of a cold, ginger tea is particularly useful.
3) Pain reduction
- A study involving 74 volunteers carried out at the university of georgia found that daily ginger supplementation reduced exercise-induced muscle pain by 25%.
- Ginger has also been found to reduce the symptoms of dysmenorrhea (severe pain during a menstrual cycle). In one study, 83% of women taking ginger capsules reported improvements in pain symptoms compared to 47% of those on placebo.
I am 22 years old, female. I have had a lump in my right armpit for over 6 years now. It is not usually painful. Although it sometimes does usually before my periods start. I have also had cervical spondylitis. Wanted to know if it was anything to worry about.
Hello mam maine 2 saal ho gye hai nasbandi krwae the ab dobara baby krna chahti hu to kya nasbandi khulwane c dobara baby hoo skta hai?
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.