Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satyajeet KangleYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. Dear Sir I had too many Pimples but I started taken medicines as a result my pimples problem is Going away but now the problem is its marks. My face is slightly red around chick thats pimples red marks which is not going. So how can I get relief from that marks of pimples?
I am 19 year old my hair is falling and white hair and hair root distance long my scalp show clean I consult many doctor and use a lot of hair oil but I did not any response and it was prove harmful for me so please sir help me I m very very sad.
My hair little frizzy and dry only at the bottom. It is right to do permanent straightening in a saloon and which straightening cream should I use.
I am 24 years old and am suffering from severe hair loss (phase 4 baldness). What treatments (other than hair transplant) is available for regrowth?
I have stretch marks on shoulders and knees from almost 1 year they are white. And increasing day by day. Please help me to get rid of it.
Hello, I am 26 years old my hairs & skin problem So very deep so what I do pls suggestion for me please.
My inner thighs (both left and right) has some patches of skin growth, presently in the size of a rice grain. Itching occurs when sweating and nothing when dry. I have one or two such thing on my right and left forearms also. I am male, age is 63 years, diabetic (controlled with tabs). Please help with remedies. Thanks.
Sir I am 18 years old and I have more pimples and acne and spots on my face Please tell me the treatment to remove these things.
If you are experiencing symptoms such as swelling, inflammation, thickening, yellowing and crumbling of your nails, toenail fungus or onychomycosis is indicated. This is a very common problem, which is usually painless, unless the infection gets spread. The fungus thrives under certain conditions like abnormal levels of pH in the skin, a weak immune system, poor hygiene, diabetes and a continuous exposure to moist or damp environment. If not treated properly, toenail fungus can lead to cracking, splitting or total loss of your toenail. There are various ways of treating fungal infections in the nails. Some of them are as follows:
Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil contains antiseptic and antifungal properties, which help in treating toenail fungus. You need to mix some drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil and olive oil. Using a piece of cotton, apply the mixture on your affected nail, keep it for 10 minutes and scrub off the nail with a toothbrush. For ideal results, you must repeat this process more than twice regularly.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is a commonly used remedy for fungal infections in your nails. It also helps in neutralizing foot odor. Add baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and Epsom salt in hot water, add vinegar to the mixture and soak your affected nail in the solution. After this, wash your feet with water. Repeat the procedure twice a day for several weeks.
White Vinegar: This is an ideal ingredient for the treatment of toenail fungus. It helps in restoring the pH balance of the skin and fights against infections. Add one part of white vinegar to warm water and soak your affected toenail in it for about 10 minutes. After this, you must wash it off. Carry out the process twice a day for effective results.
Oil of Pregano: Oil of oregano is considered effective because of its antibacterial, antiviral, analgesic and antiseptic properties. It is an ideal way for treating fungal infections in your nails. Mix oregano oil with olive oil, apply the solution on your nails and leave it for over 30 minutes. Repeat the process thrice a day for good results.
- Listerine Mouthwash: Listerine mouthwash is another important home remedy for treating fungal infections in the nails. This mouthwash contains certain compounds along with alcohol, which have very strong antiseptic properties and help in eliminating harmful fungi and bacteria from your nails. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
My skin tone colour is uneven please help to regain my even fair tone back by suggesting cream or diet best required..
I am 22 years old female. I' m having a very bad skin. I have marks both my hands and legs. What should I do?
Many people bite nails when they are anxious or stressed. However, knowing its harmful effects will only increase their anxiety and stress. About 30% of children, 45% of teenagers and 25% of young adults have the habit of biting their nails. Nail biting is one habit which sets in due to various reasons and just continues due to nervousness, boredom, frustration or stress. People tend to unconsciously bite their nails and over a period of time, it becomes very difficult to get rid of the habit.
A good understanding of the harmful effects of biting nails, to the overall health and oral health, can be a good starting point to quitting the habit. The harmful effects of nail biting on oral health effects are listed below:
- Source of infection: The fingernails are more difficult to clean than the fingers and the rest of the hand. Therefore, there is a good amount of bacteria residing there, which get into your mouth and your stomach when you bite nails. The next time you wonder why your stomach is upset, take a good look at your nails.
- Tooth chipping: The enamel is thinnest at the tip of the front teeth. When biting nails, there is a constant pressure on this thin enamel which can chip after a certain point of time. Another way that a tooth chips is because of the pressure when biting a nail. The tooth can hit hard on the opposing tooth, leading to a fracture or chipping.
- Altered shape of the teeth: In many cases, the front teeth appear worn off or are squared. This is because there is always pressure on the teeth from the nails.
- Induce gap between the front teeth: When nail biting continues for years at a stretch, the two front teeth can develop a gap between them.
- Tooth sensitivity: With the enamel wearing off, the dentin is exposed and this can cause tooth sensitivity in many people.
- Joint problems: The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) near the ears helps in opening and closing the mouth. Constant pressure on the joint due to nail biting leads to inflammation of the joint which can cause ear ache, headaches, improper closing of the jaw and clicking sounds.
- Delay treatment with braces: A person with braces with a nail biting habit will have very bad consequences. There is pressure from both the braces and the biting. This could also lead to the failure to correct the misaligned teeth.
How to manage this habit?
- Identify the root cause of the habit
- Identify alternate ways to manage stress (exercise, yoga, hobby, etc.)
- A nail polish that has a bitter or offensive taste or smell
- Well manicured and painted nails, which you won’t feel like biting
- Get family and friends to remind or chide you, whichever works. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.