Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Satyabodh GuttalYour feedback matters!
I have a foul smell coming from my mouth even after brushing in the morning. How to I get free of bad breath.
My uncle didn't have jaws. And they want to fix the new jaw. So my question is that what is cost of getting new jaws or teeth (permanently) and thank-you for your answer.
Even after 3 months of tooth filling, I have pain and sensitivity. I repeatedly consulted my doc, who is just shooing me away with pain killers and antibiotics. Please help.
I an 25 year old male and I am suffering problem of mouth ulcers. What is the solutions? Please help me.
My mouth is not opening wide because I had chewed gutukas earlier now I am not use it but still my mouth is not opening wide.
I have a infection in my tooth. My dentist suggest me to have root canal. He has clean my tooth twice and done a temporary filling. But still I have a unbearable pain continuously till the ear. I am taking enzoflam very often 3 times a days kindly help me.
Hello sir my name is Sudheer my age is just 20 year I am suffering from big problem. What is my problem is I did not get my teeth white after I use my paste please suggested me some tooth pastes?
One of my female friend is suffering from mucocele. She's gone to a local doctor and he pressed the mucocele and asked her for wait for 3 to 4 days. And again she is having the same problem and this time more wide and she is feeling some pain as well. What should she do?
I find blood when I spit. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me some medicines. But its not cured. please Anyone tell the cause. And whether I have to fear about this spitting of blood along with saliva.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.