Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Satisha Rao B.nYour feedback matters!
My 3.5 years old daughter has always had the problem of blocked nose, plus she is a thumb sucker, and mouth breather 24x7. This is leading to very bad gums and teeth apparently. What can be done about it? Please help.
Me and my husband age difference is 5 yr my husband 5 yr younger than me. And front of him im look ugly soo please tell me how to look younger and also around my eyes there is some wrinkles and dark circle how to get rid of it? Mere face pr hair bhi jayda h unhe remove krne ka koi upay bhi bataye.
Iam 39 y old I am suffering with diabetic pls advice tome how to control itWith thanksKrishna moorthy.
Sir how I can grow up my hight and wait gain so please advise me and my last question is I have problem with my dandruff in hade so please give me advise what I do.
Am 70 n wish to get 4 - 5 lost teeth "transplanted" using robust artificial teeth as a permanent remedy. What could be the approx. Cost per tooth? Addresses of good such Centres in and around Delhi.
My age is 24 ,I have a problem regarding swell of one of my testicles, it is grow in a bulk like in a size in the form of an egg, im facing this problem from 3to4 years ,there is no pain ,is this a serious issue? I'm concerning about in future arising problems for this, consult a doctor immediately? Please give me a solution .
I have a dental problems that my gums are bleeding and also I had taken RCT in my one teeth over which I got a swollen point since last 3 months upper than gum. Is this a serious issue?
I have black spots on my check I used scar removal cream for 40 day but did not see any changes what should I do.
I am facing a regular pain in my heels and calfs. Kind of fatigue feeling. It happens in summer and goes away in winters. It's more painful in the morning, right after waking up I feel heaviness in my legs. It's second summer I am facing it. What is it? How to tackle it?
I am 17 years and I want to increase my height through exercise and proper diet suggest me some ideas to gain height for this I can give you money.
While genital infections are an uneasy topic to discuss and seek treatment for, ignoring them leads to severe complications like infertility and even death. Most of these can be treated with a regular course of antibiotics and some topical treatment when identified early. Genital infections can be broadly classified into sexually transmitted and non-sexually transmitted. Read on to know some more common infections in both the categories.
Sexually transmitted diseases:
- Chlamydia: Caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis, it is the most common STD (sexually transmitted disease) and affects about 10% of 20 to 30 year olds. It is often asymptomatic, but in few cases, there could be increased vaginal discharge. Left undetected, it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and subsequently infertility.
- Gonorrhea: The bacteria Neisseria gonorrhea causes this STD, which is very common. There could be some irritation or discharge, but is mostly asymptomatic. Like Chlamydia, if not treated, it can lead to PID and infertility.
- HIV: The most dangerous of all, it causes AIDS, with immunosuppression as a major effect and affecting overall health. The women affected by HIV are more prone to candida and other genital infections.
- Genital warts: This viral infection is caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) and manifests as multiple warts on the vulva, vagina, and cervix and can cause cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (precancerous).
- Genital herpes: This virus again causes multiple small vesicles and ulcers around the vagina, painful urination, and swelling of the lymph nodes. Caused by type 1 herpes virus more commonly than type 2, it has a high chance of recurrence.
- Trichomonas: This STD manifests with very few symptoms and can go undetected for a long time. It can lead to PID and infertility.
- Syphilis: Caused by Treponema pallidum, there are 3 stages. The primary stage presents with an ulcer. The secondary presents with a rash, multiple genital warts, and oral warts/ulcers. It then goes into a latent phase and may subside without progression. In some cases, it reaches the tertiary stage and can affect various body organs including the liver, heart, or brain.
Non-sexually transmitted diseases: There two major genital infections not transmitted by sex are bacterial vaginosis and candidiasis.
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV): Constant change in the bacteria mix present in the genital area produces an imbalance and leads to altered pH and therefore BV. Pregnancy, intrauterine device, and frequent douching are proven risk factors for developing BV.
- Candidiasis: The genital tract usually has yeasts, and Candida vaginalis is present in the vagina. An overgrowth of this leads to infection. This can be caused by use of antibiotics (which destroy the good bacteria), diabetes, pregnancy, and birth control pills.
Early diagnosis and intervention of these infections can prevent severe symptoms in most cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.