Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SatishYour feedback matters!
You often get into this mess of losing part or whole of the tooth, and this is actually a nasty situation in several ways. You may get severe pain there, or the sharp edge of the broken tooth may cut the cheek and other areas of the skin in the mouth white chewing or biting. Besides, if left untreated the broken part may accumulate dirt and food particles and can later form serious infections in the gum too. It looks bad too when a front tooth is broken, and often leaves your inner mount with cuts and abrasions when the sharp edge of the broken tooth rips of skin inside the mouth as you chew.
The first aid part
There are several ways to manage the broken tooth, and the first steps of first aid after the incident are as follows:
- To control the acute pain after the tooth break, you may take a painkiller like acetaminophen. This will soothe the pain, and make it much easier and bearable.
- You must try sticking some sugar-less chewing gum on the tooth to prevent cutting inside the mouth. In case a gum is not available, you may try putting some simple wax in there.
- Try gulping the food and chew less, or go on a liquid diet to avoid touch of much food with the broken tooth unless it gets the first treatment.
Filing and Bonding- the initial treatment
On going to the dentist based on the tooth break condition, you will be suggested various remedies. A tooth filing or bonding is the general remedy. If a small portion of the tooth is broken, then the tooth can be simply filed in case it is one of the rear teeth. The tooth will be chipped and filed to smoothen the cut edge so that it never again pokes the skin around.
If the break is not small, then bonding is a good option. The dentist fills the rest of the tooth space with a resin or porcelain material to make it look whole and natural again, and this solves the problem both physically and cosmetically.
Crowning the tooth
If the tooth is damaged more than a root canalling may be needed, and thereafter a cap or crown will be worn over the broken teeth so that it gets a natural look and the hardness to chew. You may lose sensations permanently on the tooth if the root nerve is blocked during the process. Else you will have a cosmetically working tooth for a few years until the crown wears off and needs a re-crowning.
My son is 4 months old and suffering from loose motion from last 5 days; we consult doctor they prescribe us some medicines with ors syrup but he is still passing loose motions; we are giving him taxim o, skylac sachet. energizer sterilize water and some zinc syrup. Please advice we should continue these medicine or consult with doctor again. Thanks
My son has learning disability with writing. He was diagnosed by a councillor. How do I help him, he is in class 9.
My son is 22 days old and is pooping quite frequently these days. He poops every time he is being fed by his mother (sometimes during the feed as well). The excretion is mainly watery and small sprouts of poop (with gas). The poop is bright yellow in shade. He feeds good for 10 mins each time and approx 10 times a day. I am little worried by this condition. Is this normal?
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.
My son 6 years old is not taking interest in food. Please recommend any kind of tonic and supplements.
I had cough. I was told I have bronchitis. I am taking Montek LC on a daily basis. How to get rid of it?
Safe touch is experienced by the child as warm and supportive
Unsafe touch is what hurt the child or what seems to disregard the child's feelings
Confusing touch is what makes the child feel uncomfortable. The child experiences conflicting feelings about the touch.
Hello mam, my kid is 15 months old .he had a slight swelling ,side of a knee for right leg. Doctor told that he suffers from vitamin D deficiency .is it occur for small children? If yes, how to treat and prevent the deficiency of vitamin. It will be cured or not? Please suggest me your valuable ideas. What are food items I can give to my child? He is not eating egg.
My daughter is 3 yr old now till 9 months she was fine due to measles vaccination she lost her head control, sitting n all consulting neurology doctors can you suggest what to do so she can able to sit.
My question is about my daughter, now she is 3 year 3 month old, yesterday she was good but by evening suddenly she suffer from fever & her body temperature increase up to 104.6 F in just half an hour. After giving medicine paracetamol (crocin) & bath with cold water. Her temperature decrease up to 99 to 100F in 3 /4 hour times. Now she is fine. I want to know the reason for such fever which come suddenly with high temperature to normal kids.
My 2.5 month old son is exclusively breast feed. However, he passes motion only once every 3-4 days. Now it's been 5 days. Should we be worried about it? Is there anything which can be given to him?
My sister daughter just new born and 20 days old. Due to not feed comfortably dehydration assured in her body and sodium level gone high doctors says. Now she is in ventilator and yesterday bleeding in her brain. Now doctors says, her body parts are ok but brain MRI again. I want to know, she will be all right and brain problems in future.
Hello Dr. Is it normal My 4 years old daughter is having body temperature of 97.3 in the early morning 4 am.
Hi my son is 4 months old and since birth he is having formula as well as breast milk but since 2 weeks he has stopped latching so I am pumping out my breast milk and I can only give him 5 oz per day. I want to ask whether it's enough I mean at least he is getting some antibodies from me please tell it's fine for him because I am getting into depression thinking about it whole day. Pls help.
While india is racing towards the no 1 country having the most number of diabetic patients, though the knowledge regarding the general guidelines about diabetes care, or dos and dont's to follow is lacking on a very large scale patients and that includes the most literate persons also.
There are a few things that matters the most which are as follows:
1) diet: most patients are in knowledge that the diet should be restricted in sweets. But rarely anybody knows that only restriction of food that taste sweet will not do the needed.
The food high in carbohydrates also must be included in the list as carbohydrates are the first line source of the body's energy store to convert them in to sugar.
E. G. Rice, potatos, bananas, or over ripen fruits.
And advice is to take them in minimum quantity instead of completely banning them.
Again how to eat? the advise is to divide your large meals in to smaller meals at the interval of 3-4 hours. Avoid eating too much at a time. Diabetes patients also should not indulge in fasting too much.
2) exercise: now many knows that diabetes is having two types: insulin dependent and insulin independent.
In the first type there is actual lack of effective circulating insulin, while the second types does have most of the time considerable amount of insulin to be used but the effectiveness is reduced. Because of the increased amount of fat deposition around cells. In that case doing prescribed exercise will not only help build the general health but by reducing the fat layer around the cells it helps the insulin to reach its effector cells and do its functions normally. Thats why exercise is one of the crucial key points in the diabetic regime.
3) regular investigation: this a very major dilema in many patients that I have observed throughout my practice. Many of the patients don't go for investigation in the fear that what if the blood sugar level comes abnormal. At that point I could remember a saying" if a cat drinks milk with the eyes closed, it doesn't mean that world does not see it.
If its already abnormal then by going for the investigation will make you aware and you can take proper preventive steps to by pass any complications that might have fall upon you.
So advise isto go for the regular blood sugar checkup at least once every two months for those whose levels remains under the normal range and often if it is uncontrolled.
And one should also think of investigated for hba1c every 3-4 months as it will give general idea of the glycemic control.
4) general prevention of complication and specific cares:
By following the above mentioned points you could easily prevent the major complications. But there are also some specific cares you should not ingnore:
Like get examined for any underlying heart condition, or opthalmic conditions, or the like, or kidney problems, or neurological involvement.
Out of these one that I care the most and patients ingnore the most is foot care:&nbsp;
Why is this important: as our feet not being a vital organ we usually ignore but it can be a reason for a very major complication and even can be fatal.
Because of diabetes there are very chances that any injury will not heal at a normal pace and if not taken a due care then it can turn into gangrene. Which we all know that leads to amputation and life long being a handicap.&nbsp;
Because of poor supply and other vascular degeneration it can cause deep vein thrombosis means the veins in you leg gets obstructed by clotts and if such clott dislodges from there and gets in to the circulation then whenever it gets deposited it causes a grave complication like myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke (paralysis), or other organs can also get affected.
These were some important topics that I thought the general population should know so that they can educate themselves and minimize their emergency visits to the doctors.
Being a homeopath I cannot restrain myself to propogate homeopathy because it is as a true notion that a harmless and gentle treatment, less costly than any other mode of treatment (directly or indirectly), very easy to follow (just few white sugar pills and drops of medicines), prevents the above mentioned complications, and not only that also improves the general health.
There are some homeopathic medicines well proved to be very effective and unquestionable positive effects:
E. G:- syzigium jambolanum, cephalendra, abroma augusta, uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid etc.
Note: above mentioned medicines are very useful and anybody can try but the advise is to consult the specialist as the doses and the repititions needs to be regulated case specifically.