Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
I am male 29 year recently treated with urinary infection. Now I am ok. Before that my penis was erecting for no reason after the infection I am finding difficult for penis erection after applying much pressure also finding difficult for erection. Now my penis has become uncircumcised. There was leakage one night last week. Kindly tell me what may be the problem.
My father is bed ridden for past 20 days. His lower limb has no strength at all. Upper limb gain strength. He was suffering from urine infection. Body got swollen (hand, leg, face.). Urea and creatinine was high. He is diabetic also. What to do to diagnose?
Sir, I have gone through turp prostate gland surgery. Four months passed. Urine flow is very slow. Urine is not clear at a time. No sign of blood and other things.
I have a over reactive balladar, but I don't take medicine, after passing stool ,my frequency of going to the bathroom to pee increases, I also have some problems while sleeping, get mild attack just the moment before sleeping, What do you suggest?
I am 19 years old. I am suffering from a stomach ache. I did a sonography. The report said that there is a mild free fluid in the pouch of douglas. What must be done in order to remove this water and get rid of this stomach ache ?
Hey doc, whenever I got to washroom and urinate I never feel I'm done yet something is remaining. I wait alot yet I feel I'm not done. Am I suffering from any disease. Every now and then I get the feel I need to pee.
Dear sir/ mam I am kidney patient I found excess wbc ,neuro ,lymph, rdw-cv ,pct and esr in my reports what can I do?
This morning I found that the color of my urine was light brown or a bit pink. Should I be worried and if yes then what measures should I take?
Mai apni kidney stone ko kaise khatam kr skta hu hamesa ke ly jo dobara na ho mujhe 3 year se lgatar ho rhi h.
In comparison of other I get frequently urine after drinking water or beer. Is it any problem because when I travel I have to consume little amount of water. And this cause dehydration.
Hello doctor, recently 2 months back I had a surgery for renal stones (pcnl), still i am getting pain during urination. Please give me a solution to get rid of my problem.
I have kidney stone and fatty lever and blood allerjee. Mainly how can I treatment kidney stone so that the stone donor appear in usg. Will help homeopathy or ayurvedic treatment solve it without operation?
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!