Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SatishYour feedback matters!
Can a type 2 diabetic do heavy workout with natural protein intake 6-8 egg protein and chicken? please suggest.
Hello Dr. I am 23 year old. And my height is not increasing and also have thyroid so what can I do now actually I still take medicine. please suggest.?
I am 18 years old and my belly is growing very fastly now a days. I can't able to diet because of my low hemoglobin count and I am thyroid patient. If I start dieting, I start feeling very weakness and can't able to do things properly and get tired very early. Please suggest me some healthy and helpful tips.
My husband is already completely normally. Last years I came for treatment in Guwahati IHR hospital I have don't my treatment for IUI 3 time but not success. Because I have problems thyroid & Tube blockade. So what to do please help me.
My height is 5.2 and i weigh 92 kgs. I suffer from hypo thyroidism for the past year and am taking medication for it. I was told that once i start taking medicine i will loose the weight. but it is not happening. what should i do to loose weight?
I am thyroid problem. Taking thyronorm 25 mcg for the past 6 yrs. Tsh level is 5.5. Is there any way I can stop my medicine? Hair fall is too much. How much time I should go for walking?
I was suffering from high sugar may be for a long time near to 440 diagnosed as diabetic type 2 latter and urine sugar +++ which I have controlled now since for last 2 month after diagnosis. During that period I have some infection in my private parts. please tell me what I do now, it also feels I have foam in my urine.
Hey my mom is been suffering from type 2 diabetes and she been through so many medical treatments lyk allopathic n ryt shes on Ayurveda but it's also not working she's so weak n she's loosing a lot more day every month and having burning sensation in her palms n head. Is there's any proper treatment n any diet plan which can make her healthy and how much sugar she can take and what r things which she should not eat, and are these sugar free products r gud or not.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher level of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is that it does not completely go away and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attack, stroke, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar level has to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks – one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies which have proven to be very effective against diabetes:
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Dear sir I am a diabetic patient havnig blood sugar pp- 174 and a sexual weekness problem what can I can I do? or what medicine essential for me.
Hi doctors, from last 2 months my father has lost 34 kg weight and getting weaker day by day, at stage of early diabetic this much amount of weight loss is not justifiable. Now my father is hospitalised from last 19 days, conducted many tests like nerves conduction, xray, urine test, cough test, blood test & many more and results got normal for same few dr's had recommended for ct and pet in order to check there might be a chance of tb or cancer, but no such problem was diagnosed and after that in recent days it has been diagnosed from pet that my father is having fungal infection in lungs. Biopsy has been done on last wednesday i. E. 3rdjune'15 for further investigation on nature of fungus. And my father is still there in hospital for meditation and under observation. Current health issues: 1) got fever on every alternate day 2.) mouth ulcers 3.) early diabetic 4.) weakness but not able to understand the drastic weight loss from 96 kg (weighted in january 2015) to 62 kg (current body weight) and getting weaker day by day. Also not able to understand are we on right track for the treatment he is getting. Looking for the assistance and valuable advice on same. ---- thanks
For the last 5 years I am taking Tablet Zoryl M 1 Once in the morning. Most of times sugar level remains below 200 pp, but some times goes up to 250 pp. Pl advise whether I have to increase dose or not.
I am hypothyroid patient taking thyroxine sodium tablet from past 8 years. I heard ther is permanent solution in homeopathy is that true and which doctor is best for hypothyroid I mean tsh.
I am having type 1 diabetes from last 13 years. I am female and my age is 28. I want to know what are the chances of getting diabetes to my kids in future? Is it true if one of the parent has type 1 diabetes, children will also suffer from same?
Hi, I'm 48 years old recently i found sugar in my body, post lunch its 137 pre lunch 89. Pls suggest what is the immediate action I need to take.
I am diabetic (fasting 230) since 10 years increasing every year. I am on medicine gluconorm 1mg, telma 40, volibo and rozavel10. Any alternative to cure me completely Regards
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult an IVF Specialist.