Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SatishYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old female. I have hair on the chin and above the upper lips. What is the permanent solution to remove it. Where I can get better treatment (in Chennai) please tell. Thank you.
I am 15 years old I am suffering from getting pimples on my face from 1 year $ headache I have used many medicine suggested by doctor its no use hw should I get relief from this.
I had cutted my hand with blade in my tenth Clas. Right now the cuts are seen on hand. My question is how can be that marks on hand be gone.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways To Prevent Premature Skin Aging"