Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Satish B KYour feedback matters!
I have throat infection since 1 month. Irritation cough with mucus. Redness behind pharynx wall. Palate also affected. Some time ear itching inside cavity. No fever and chill. And no history of lymph enlarged. Pain in upper later side of neck. Pls doctor give me perfect diagnosis. Help me. I have already take azithromycin but not effective. Give me solution.
My mouth closed, i cant open it properly,the reason may be gutkha khaini.i have lot of those.so please suggest me something?
My mouth smells pretty bad. The smell of the breath is a bit annoying. Please. Pls. Tell me something to get rid of this and make my mouth smell nice again.
I have spaces between my teeth. I m 22 years old. And my smile does not really look good. I m thinking of braces. Will they help? I need a good smile. Will braces help or wat should I do?
I am suffering from fever for last 2 day , I take medicine but my mouth test is change completely. . So plss suggest me.
I have mouth infection and this leads to a severe patches / grooves inside my mouth and my doctor says my small intestine last part which takes the b-complex from food is not working and giving me injections of b-complex, it happens whenever I go out of town and eat outside food, some ingredients which I am unable to figure out initiates this problem and takes 5-7 days to course if I take b-complex injection on alternate days. My doctor says there is no permanent solution of this problem. Can your expert doctor panel advice on this problem.
I have problem in mouth my gums are always bleeding, when I woke up in the morning my mouth is full of blood saliva and cough. I dont understand why this much saliva in my mouth whenever I woke I have to go bathroom to spit and my mouth taste very bad after wake up. Also there is cough in my mouth and upper neck when I wake up. I have cleaned my mouth three times by dentist but problem is not solved, I brush twice.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.