Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathyaki Purushotam Nambala
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Sathyaki Purushotam NambalaYour feedback matters!
What should we to avoid heart attack. Is there any particular exercise any kind of food. Pls advice Thanks n regard. Kuldeep Sharma.
Mujhe heart K liye Jaanna tha Mera heartbeat Pehle 95- 115 hoti thi per Ab 80-90 k bich ho gyi per Jab Jada work HOTA h bad jati h pair normal me 6 months se banana shake pi rahi hu is liye beat Kam hue ya Dr. ko dikha lu.
I'm having intermittent problem with Heart palpitations with a stress on my forehead causing frequent Faintness and Weakness and sometimes head spinning as well. Can you please advise what might be causing this?
I just want to know that if some pain is happening in left side of chest then its a symptoms of heart disease?
I am 66 years old a diabetic for the past twenty years. I had undergone angioplasty 12 years back. Suddenly I had a lump on the upper portion of my stomach which was moving from left to right side with a back pain. Ultrasound was normal and cardiologist said it it is nothing to do with cardio. In February 2015 my diabetic medicine was changed to zeta meta 500 mg. When I started looking up for drug reaction on the net all my symptoms tallied with zeta meta. I stopped on my own this medicine and increased my insulin by 5 units. All the symptoms including my breathlessness, Heaviness on legs and the lump in my stomach vanishes within 15 days. My physician does not agree with me and he refused to see the print out given by me about the side effects of zeta meta. nowadays I walk 3 to 4 kms and do exercise without breathlessness. I will be happy to get an explanation from any of our eminent doctors.
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run. Coronary artery disease is one such problem and can seriously put the health of your heart at risk.
What is coronary heart disease?
Coronary arteries are very important blood vessels, which carry nutrients, blood and oxygen to your heart. If the level of bad cholesterol is high in your blood, it will start leaving deposits on the walls of the arteries which are commonly known as plaque. This plaque will start building up over time causing blockage of the arteries and disrupting proper blood flow. Excessive build up of the plaque may then rupture the lining of the plaque. This will then induce blood clotting and further prevent the normal flow of blood.
Primary symptoms may include
- Shortness of breath: This may occur while you are exercising or performing activities which are mildly exerting.
- Heart beats very hard and fast: Your heart may beat very hard and fast, especially when doing everyday activities such as climbing stairs or walking for a prolonged distance.
- Angina or chest pain: You may experience pain in your chest as if someone was pressing against it with a lot of force. Angina is also triggered due to stressful activities or even emotional stress. It usually occurs on the left or the middle of the chest and may even be felt in the back, arms, and neck.
- Heart attack: Heart attacks are the most common and the most serious complications of coronary heart disease. You would feel extreme pain, akin to crushing on your chest, shoulder, or arm. It may even be accompanied by jaw pain, and sweatiness.
Non invasive forms of treatment are always preferable rather than invasive surgeries or procedures to treat coronary heart disease, especially where the risk of serious complications such as heart attack are still on the lower side. Some of the treatments used for coronary heart disease are as follows:
- Making lifestyle changes: Quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption along with consumption of regulated diet will automatically start cleaning plaque that has built up within the arteries. Losing weight also tends to help.
- Medications: Special medications can take care of cases wherein the deposits are still lesser and the plaque buildup can be removed without the requirement of extensive surgery. Anti-cholesterol medications are one example of this.
- Surgical procedures: These are usually employed when the blockage is severe and cannot be corrected by the conventional methods mentioned above. Some of the procedures are angioplasty, stent replacement, as well as coronary artery bypass surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!