Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. SathyabushanYour feedback matters!
The inflammatory condition of your sinuses (marked by inflammation of your nasal cavities) caused due to viral, bacterial or fungal infection; any autoimmune disorders or allergic reaction is known as sinusitis. This condition is also referred to as 'rhinosinusitis' as nose inflammation occurs. Sinusitis can be either acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Acute sinusitis is generally caused due to the common cold and lasts not more than four weeks. Sub-acute sinusitis is more prolonged in nature and lasts for about eight weeks. Chronic sinusitis is more severe in nature and can last for up to twelve weeks or even more.
The most common symptoms of sinusitis are as follows:
- Severe headache
- Nose blockage
- Release of yellowish green fluids from your nose.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Painful sensation in your eyes, ears and forehead.
- Post nasal discharge
- Frequent cough
- A sore throat
- Body fatigue
- Neck stiffness
- Tastelessness and anosmia (loss of smell)
The treatment methods available for sinusitis are as follows:
- Intake of painkillers like paracetamol can give you temporary relief from your aches. But consuming too much of these can cause side effects such as loss of appetite and drowsiness.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking about 2 to 3 liters of water every day and take proper rest.
- Steam inhalation can give you relief from nasal congestion.
- Using nasal sprays like Oxymetazoline can also give you temporary relief.
- Your doctor may advise you antibiotics like Amoxicillin in your sinusitis is chronic in nature.
- Immunotherapy helps to treat sinusitis if your sinusitis is caused due to allergic reactions.
- Your doctor may also recommend an endoscopic surgery of the sinus if your condition is found to be very severe.
My mom is suffering from tonsils from her childhood. Due to this she also feels increase in her heartbeat during acidity. I just want to know is there is any connection between acidity and tonsils and how to reduce effect of these disease?
Tuberculosis happened to be a life threatening disease till some years ago. Now, it is curable with medication, however there is very little awareness about the same. It is crucial that awareness is spread to put a stop to this disease. TB spreads through infection, so a simple sneeze or a cough can also be hazardous. Here is how you can stop the spreading:
1. Curb the Spread - If someone already has tuberculosis, they need to cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing. This is actually a habit everyone should follow, as there are many people in whom the tuberculosis virus exists but is dormant.
2. Don’t let it activate - If you have latent tuberculosis, where you have none of the symptoms yet have been identified, you need to take the medication prescribed so that it doesn’t become active.
3. Complete the course - TB is curable but only when medications are taken regularly, strictly, and as prescribed.
4. Avoid exposure to the infected people - People who have been exposed to TB patients should get themselves tested. Remember it spreads through infection; patients need not be kept in isolation if taking proper care and medication.
5. Boost your immunity - Ensure that your own immunity is strong. People with low immunity are at extreme risk of contracting tuberculosis. Take special care if you are a caretaker of someone being treated for tuberculosis, if you do drug and/or alcohol abuse, if you live in crowded spaces like shelters, etc.
6. Improve your lifestyle - Lead a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy, exercising often, reducing alcohol consumption, sleeping well and maintaining good hygiene.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
It is World Asthma Day. Let us all join hands and control it.
Remember 'Prevention is the best strategy'
Asthma is a disease of the airways in the lungs.
You can get asthma at any age. You can not catch asthma from other people. Many times more than one person in the same family has asthma.
Airways carry air to the lungs. Airways get smaller and smaller like branches of a tree.
When asthma is under control, the airways are clear and air flows easily in and out.
When asthma is not under control, the sides of the airways in the lungs are
always thick and swollen and an asthmatic attack can happen easily.
During an asthma attack, less air can get in and out of the lungs. People a cough and wheeze. The chest feels tight.
The sides of the airways get even more swollen, squeezed and start to make mucus.
Preventive medicines for asthma are safe to use every day.
- You can not become addicted to preventive medicines for asthma even if you use them for many years.
- Preventive medicine makes the swelling of the airways in the lungs go away.
Monitor the signs and symptoms of this disease and Be prepared.
Always have asthma medicine. Buy before you run out and Always carry your quick-relief asthma medicine with you when you leave home.