Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SathyabushanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cough and I am getting too much stomach pain when I get too much cough please solve my problem.
My child, age 4 years at present is suffering from cough problem since 2 years. He often get severe cough with light breathing problem. After we trying giving him some home treatments after 1 hour cough goes by itself. Sometimes persist more longer. Tried allopathic and homeopathy medicines. It's like mild asthma. I want complete treatment for this problem otherwise his lungs are being much stressed during that cough.
Hi Doctor, i am having Synos problem from past 3 year, and due to which i am getting repeatedly throat pain, and some time some gel kind of thing from my upper throat.. Kindly give me your valuable consultation.
I am vishal kumar 23 year old I want to ask a question that from last 2 year my throat is feeling shrink type m feeling sometime uneasy due shrinkness and cough is also regularly coming it is very thick as compare to general cough.
I am suffering from fungal sinus from past 18 years and had surgery before 3 years and I am continue on medication from that time, and because of these medicines getting other side effects. Would like to know is there may better solution for this to avoid antibiotics.
I am suffering from cough from past few weeks what should be the control diet to control and some precautions about food items.
My husband is an asthma patient. He has consulted so many doctors but no such result found. And now in winter season his condition is more serious than previous. He has to take inhaler so many times in a day. So, please help me to consult a good doctor. We will be very thankful to you.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.