Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathya Prakash
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sathya PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am unable to sleep for the last 3 days because of back pain, I have made a home remedy but it do not worked as well, I am willing to hear your answer, how to fix my back pain.
Hello, I am suffering from a strange condition since 2 years, my legs become numb all day long, I am obese and diabetic and I have a sitting lifestyle and doesn't work out at all, could this be the reason. please suggest a diet or regular exercise that I can perform.
I m 37 years male and facing acute pain in my joints. What would be the reason? and what is the remedies for it?
Hello doctor I have back ache I do drive daily around 4 hour. My job is standing please give me suggestion what should I do.
I got hit by a cricket ball on knee yesterday while playing it was a Deuce ball the hard one. From yesterday its paining quite a bit if I put pressure or try to run the ball hit on the left side of the knee, the area where we can feel a bone. I just want to know that if I can carry on playing from Monday and what type of Preventive measure should I take to get recover soon.
Sports Physiotherapy is a field of Physiotherapy. It focuses on the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, particularly in relation to sport and physical activity.
Sports Physiotherapists have expert knowledge and skills in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries so they can optimize your return to sport after injury,resolve chronic or recurrent injuries and prevent further injury,
enhance your sporting performance and sports technique, and
increase your flexibility, muscle control and strength
Sports Physiotherapists work with weekend warriors, aspirational athletes, professional sports people and Olympic champions.
Sports Injury Treatment
The immediate treatment of any soft tissue injury consists of the RICER protocol - rest, ice, compression, elevation and referral. The protocol should be followed for 48-72 hours. The aim is to reduce the bleeding and damage within the joint.
The No HARM protocol should also be applied - no heat, no alcohol, no running or activity, and no massage. This will ensure decreased bleeding and swelling in the injured area.
This regime should be used for all ligament sprains, muscle sprains and muscle bruises. Referral for bumps and bruises which occur in sport or physical activity, other than those which are minor is recommended.
Sports Physiotherapists are highly trained and experienced in...
Crisis management, enabling them to take immediate care of injuries on the field.
Providing skilled diagnosis of sporting injuries.
Correcting muscle imbalances and posture.
Prescribing exercise rehabilitation programs for specific injuries.
Bio-mechanical analysis of sports technique to improve sports performance and prevent injury.
providing education about injury management, prevention & maximizing sporting performance.
Designing stretching programs for teams and individuals.
Advising on appropriate warm up, cool down and recovery programs.
Providing pre-season screening and injury prevention programs.
I have swelling on left elbow since 2 months but it's happen in some time, please suggest any tablet or cream.
If you are suffering from neuromuscular disorders and require an effective, natural cure, you should opt for Ayurveda. Neuromuscular disorders are conditions in which certain areas of your central nervous system may get affected. It leads to the dysfunction and degeneration of your musculature, and also disables the functioning of certain organs at times. According to the Ayurvedic principles, most neuromuscular disorders occur because of beeja dosha, deranged vata and due to certain defects or impairments of your mamsagni or muscle enzymes.
Ayurvedic treatment for neuromuscular disorders
There are several modes of treatment and management for neuromuscular disorders based on Ayurvedic principles.
- Panchakarna therapy, several yoga techniques, and specially developed molecules or mamsagni rasayan are commonly used for treating such disorders. These help people in maintaining muscle strength and functioning.
- Strict Ayurvedic dietary modifications are also required to be undertaken by people with metabolic disorders and those suffering from neuromuscular diseases.
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are used for treating neuromuscular disorders. These herbs should become a part of your regular diet.
- Ayurvedic treatment helps in slowing down or stopping the progression of muscle degeneration, which is likely in case of neuromuscular disorders.
- It is ideal to apply a combined Ayurvedic strategy for treating neuromuscular disorders, which includes mamsagni rasayana, yoga, pizhichil, anuvasana vasti and Til Mash Pinda. These are undertaken for long-term management.
- This is an Ayurvedic formula or preparation that was developed as a remedy for neuromuscular disorders. The medicine should be taken before meals with honey.
- It contains several active and highly beneficial ingredients such as triphala, gurvel, marich, kuchla, gold bhasma, and guggul.
- It helps in the regulation of muscle metabolism and is ideal for the management of neuromuscular disorders and muscular dystrophies.
- The mixture is very effective in correcting membrane defects and regulating fat metabolism.
- Among the various ingredients, kuchla helps in boosting the neuromuscular tone, gold bhasma prevents muscle degeneration, and gurvel helps with immunity modulation.
- The combined effect of all the ingredients helps in balancing your neuromuscular vata, pitta, and kapha.
- You will observe results coming in the form of weight loss, decrease in your difficulty to walk, decrease in your blood CPK levels, and an increase in your neuromuscular tone. Your muscle power enhances and you get an improved weight ratio by taking this Ayurvedic solution.
You should consult an Ayurvedic physician, if you seek Ayurvedic treatment for overcoming neuromuscular disorders. An experienced doctor would be able to prescribe you the best solutions based on your condition, symptoms, and severity.