Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sathya Kumar KYour feedback matters!
How to tackle Impingement Syndrome and Rotator Cuff Tear
Good Morning, I'm Dr. Pranav Rathi. I'm one of the Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes as a shoulder surgeon. I practice in Juhu, Andheri in Mumbai. Today I'm going to talk about ImpingementSyndrome and Rotator Cuff Tears. These ar e pathologies pertaining to the shoulder which commonly affects middle age to older individuals. For the benefit of the patients I have a shoulder model with me here. This is the shoulder joint. These are the muscles, the subscapilaries, the supraspenitors and when I turn it around the intraspenitous. These constitute the rotator cuff. This is the acromion which is the bony process.
Now we can easily make out that whenever we try to move these, these muscles run under this bony prominence. With age and degeneration sometimes there are extra bony prominences which grow on the under surface of the acromion, and these dig into the tendons. When this keeps happening this causes a lot of pain, especially when you're doing overhead activities like removing something from the top shelf. If this is neglected at that point then this continuous rubbing on the bony surface causes the tendons to become weak and it finally tears. That is called the Rotator Cuff Tear.
If you neglect a Rotator Cuff Tear which causes a significant weakness in the movement of your shoulder then your joint goes into arthritis and this arthritis is accelerated. What I mean by that is normal if a 70yr old gets arthritis, somebody with a Rotator Cuff Tear can get it 10yrs earlier at the age of 60 or 55 and you're really not that inactive and you really want to use the shoulder isn't it? So that is the reason why we should tackle these things the moment they're diagnosed. Now, the surgery to create more space under the acromion is called sub-acromion depression. It is done arthroscopically with just two stitches. At the same time if we find a Rotator Cuff Tear we can repair it using special suture anchors which go to the bones on one side and have threads on the other side to take these Rotator Cuff and bring it back to the bone. And that is how you can tackle it with a minimally invasive procedure.
Unfortunately, many patients come to me who have missed this bus and they've already had arthritis in their shoulders. Now, these procedures will not work to take away the pain of arthritis in which case you'll require shoulder replacement. Therefore, it is essential that you target these problems as early as possible to avoid a more invasive and a major surgical procedure like shoulder replacement.
Hope this information was helpful. For any furthur information or any queries you might have please contact me on Librate.
Good afternoon, I am 35year old and have a burning sensation in my stomach since 6months. I used various medicines as prescribed by our doctors. But could not help. Finally suggested to go for VGIE Endoscopy. Please suggest is it ok. OR what would be the correct diagnosis process. Thanks. Waiting for your advice.
My 4 years old boy gets boils around his face very often which led to prickly heat rashes in his neck. His forehead is always hot as if he has temperature is above normal. How to soothe him with home remedies.
My grandfather fell down and injured his elbow. Later he used a hand towel to remove the blood from his elbow and knee. Without realising that, I used the same towel to eat food, placing roti directly on that area. The time between the two things is approximately one hour. My grandfather is otherwise healthy and fit. Am I at risk of any infection?
I am suffering in stomach pain from one week. Whenever I eat something, the pain is started. Please help me.
Hair loss or Alopecia is a problem common to both men and women. It can leave you feeling very miserable. But rather than getting upset knowing the cause will help you tackle the problem efficiently. The following are few shocking causes of hair loss that you may not be aware of-
- Hair Loss can be a hereditary problem for some people. It can be common to both men and women. Males may encounter male pattern baldness and females can encounter female pattern baldness.
- Women can face hair loss problems for using hair styling tools. You must avoid hair strengtheners, curling irons and dryers in order to control hair loss.
- Hormonal imbalances can lead to hair loss. Thyroid problems or levels of estrogen getting reduced in cases of women can cause hair loss.
- Lack of protein in your diet can also result in hair loss. Insufficient protein intake according to your age may trigger hair loss.
- Intake of too much steroids like birth control pills can also be a contributing factor.
- Stress is also a major contributing factor for hair loss. Any form of prolonged anxiety or trauma can lead to hair loss problems.
- Sudden and excessive weight loss also sometimes may be the cause for uncontrolled hair fall.
In order to combat the problem of hair loss you must consult a doctor and undergo the required treatment. The following are few treatments that can prove to be helpful for you-
- Many clinics nowadays provide hair transplantation treatment. You may consider hair transplantation if you encounter hair loss at an alarming rate.
- Increase the intake of proteins in your diet. Include food like fish in your diet which is high on protein.
- Message hair oils like coconut oil, almond oil, amla oil as they will help nourish the roots of your hair.
- Onion juice is proved to be very helpful in growing back hair on your scalp. Apply it on your scalp and it may help you to grow back your hair.
- Applying henna at home can also increase the volume of your hair and make it look beautiful too.
Along with the above mentioned treatments, eating healthy and sleeping well will also help you to tackle your problem of hair loss. Normally a person sheds fifty to hundred strands of hair per day, but if it is more than that, consulting a doctor is highly recommended.
I am 32 year old male. Married. Recently I gone through a full body check up in which my cholestrol level was increased. What should follow in my diet to maintain my cholestrol level normal. Also suggest medicine thanks.
I have seen people who sleep less than 6 hours and are living at the age of 90, 100 years. Scientist sleep less and concentrate on research. They also have good concentration inspite of less sleep. Pl reply.
Yoga is not simply a set of exercises, but a lifestyle. When practicing yoga, asanas and nutrition go hand in hand to improve your quality of life. Your digestive system, immunity and energy levels are directly linked to the food you intake. If there is a problem with any of these, yoga asanas can help resolve it.
- Digestion: Not all food is easy to digest. Instead of popping laxatives and antacids after every meal, change the food you're eating. Citrus fruits and leafy vegetables that are rich in fiber aid digestion and prevent constipation. Some foods like yogurt, bananas and garlic are probiotics that support the growth of gut bacteria and keep your stomach healthy. Also include carminatives or foods that prevent the formation of gas like cumin, ginger and oatmeal.Yogic asanas such as the spinal twist, Apanasana and Paschimottanasana can help smoothen the digestive process.
- Immunity: Eating the right food can help boost your immunity. Citrus fruits are rich sources of vitamin C that directly strengthen the immune system. Herbs like turmeric, ginger and garlic are rich in antioxidants and linked to the prevention of a number of diseases including several types of cancer. Proteins also help nourish your immune system and hence should not be ignored. A combination of asanas and yogic breathing techniques can help boost your immunity. Some asanas to try include Viparita Karani, Bhujangasana, Matsyasana and Adho Mukha Svanasana. These poses help lower stress and boost immunity by pumping rich oxygenated blood to all the parts of the body.
- Energy: The food you eat is turned into glucose to fuel the body and maintain a constant supply of energy. Soy and green leafy vegetables that are rich in iron can effectively boost your energy levels. Fruits like apples, bananas and oranges can also help increase your energy. Yogurt rich in magnesium does not directly contribute towards the creation of glucose but helps the body release this energy whenever needed. Yoga asanas help increase blood flow and increase the heart's capacity to pump blood through the body. A few yoga poses that can boost energy are the camel pose, tree pose and warrior asana.
- Relaxation: Sipping on a cup of green tea is a good way to end the day and relax. Other food like honey, milk, celery and oatmeal can also help calm the body and fight off the day's stress. Apart from being delicious, dark chocolate also releases hormones that ease stress and help relax a person.
Practising yoga breathing techniques like pranayama can effectively release tension. Supta Baddha Konasana, Viparita Karani and the Supta Matsyendrasana can also help increase energy levels.