Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SathyaYour feedback matters!
MY 4.5 YEAR CHILE HAVING Tooth Ache (PAIN) DUE TO CAVITY, WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO OVERCOME ON THIS PROBLEM WITHOUT REMOVING TEETH. OR IT IS GOOD TO REMOVE TOOTH IN THIS AGE.
I have a tooth pain problem. Its badly pains. And I Have Bleeding Problem while brushing. Please Help.
I saw a black point size spot on my first pre molar tooth today only. It seems as its having a hole but it' s very point size and originated only a few days back. I would like to know what it can be possibly. And also the cure for it. Thanks you in advance.
I am 29 years old male, last month root canal treatment done for 2 teeth and now while doing brush blood in bleeding from beside teeth, whats the treatment need to take.
I have a problem of" Gums bleeding" please tell me what to do to resolve this problem. Suggest me some medicines and toothpaste to stop gums bleeding.
Hello doctors, I have sensitive teeth and I am using oral-b extra soft brush and ra thermoseal paste and till I have the problem. My doctor told I have calcium deficiency and I have to bear the pain to my life long. Need suggestion to reduce the pain
I am 24 year. Old girl and I am suffering from bleeding gums all time even m having yellow teeth with some hard black stuff between my gumline and teeth. Please suggest me the proper treatment.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
Hi doctor is there any reason behind tooth decay be end though I brush twice everyday I am not getting the genuine reason can you suggest treatments. Thanks
Visit/Follow Your Dentist Every 6 months For a Routine Dental Checkup So that Any Progressing Dental Problem Can be Stopped In Its Initial Stage Only.