Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathish S
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sathish SYour feedback matters!
Autism is a developmental disorder that is usually diagnosed within the first three years of a child’s life. Speech disorders and an inability to communicate with others are characteristic symptoms of autism. Speech therapy can be very beneficial for such children. Thus, it is often a major part of a treatment plan for autism. Some of the benefits of speech therapy for autistic children include:
- Better articulation: Autistic children often find it hard to make certain sounds. Hence, they tend to babble or make harsh sounds or grunt instead of talking. A speech therapist can help the child learn to articulate sounds in a better way. For this, the therapist will help the child exercise the facial muscles and lips. This can make it easier for them to be understood by others.
- Treating echolalia: Echolalia refers to a child’s behaviour where he or she answers a question by repeating part of it. This may be because they find it difficult to express their own thoughts and feelings. Echolalia is very common amongst autistic children. Speech therapy is the only way to treat this condition. If left untreated, it could make the child withdraw into himself.
- Better vocabulary: Autistic children often memorize words without understanding them. A speech therapist can help the child put words into context and thus help reduce their dependence on gestures. This can also make autistic children more confident. In addition to expanding their vocabulary, a therapist can also teach children the proper time and place for communication. For example, when to say good morning and good evening.
- Initiate communication: When children are not confident of expressing themselves, they wait to be called on before saying anything. By helping them articulate sounds better and expanding their vocabulary, a speech therapist can help children gain the confidence needed to initiate conversations. With therapy, autistic children can also follow simple instructions and begin to answer questions independently. This will make them more independent.
Speech therapy does not follow the same techniques for all children. For therapy to be effective, the therapist must work in close collaboration with the child’s parents and caregivers to set the right goals and monitor the child’s progress. Some of the techniques that may be used include the use of electronic talkers, typing or signing, picture boards, facial exercise and massages, using rhyme to help construct sentences and using sounds to help the child expand speech sounds. If the child is non-verbal, the therapist may also introduce alternatives to verbal communication.
When she is born she was normal after completing ten months when she takes her first step she fall from walker. Her left part paralyzed in few hours but we don't understand what is actual problem. Dr. Also don't understand than we go to jaipur hospital sartorial Duralbji. Dr. jain (pediatrician) give her aspirin table for six months. Physiotherapy started and after three months hand and leg caliper we use for her. I regularly do her exercise. Now she is better but not perfectly fine. She not use her left hand properly and her leg knee also go back side. Please help me I want to see her in perfect condition.
You told that shaking Methi in water and taking water in next day is good for Diabetes bu how long requires shok in water and what is the quantity of mehi to be shok in water? Should be used daily morning (in empty stomach)?
I am 42 years old and I am suffering from seizure disorder from past 25 years, Now I take eptoin 200 mg at bed time. From past 10 years no episode happens. Can I stop medicine?
I am 25 years old. 8 months before I was suffering from migraine. For last 6 months I was on continuous medications for migraine and now migraine issue has been resolved .for last two months have got granules in back of my throat ,o feel throat burning, itching and irritation in throat everyday. I have been treated with allergy problem .now doctor has given mei anti reflux medicines and syrup along with multivitamin. Throat swab report and PNS were normal. Please could you advice what could be the issue.
Sir I have pain in my shoulder and neck and arm also and arm feels like heavy and I can't do work with it. This symptoms of paralysis? Tell me which specialist I have to go?
Epilepsy or seizers is a neurologic disorder, which can also be classified as a chronic dysfunction of the human brain. Epilepsy is a condition that is common to both adults and children and the symptoms for the same can be spotted in any person, regardless of age or time. Though the condition can be troublesome, there is no reason to fear it. Epilepsy is curable and can be omitted with regular homoeopathic medication and treatments. If you have epilepsy, read on to find the best cures and treatments for the condition.
How epilepsy affects you?
Epilepsy is a condition of the brain, where it is forced to suddenly put a stop the normal electronic activities that it is used to performing. Symptoms of recurring seizures include-
- Sudden disorientation
- Confusion or inability of registering any activity around you
- Uncontrollable and contorted shaking of the body
- Suddenly stricken with fear
- Gritting of teeth
- Losing all consciousness, etc.
If you have noticed any or more than one of these symptoms, it is time to give the doctor a visit. A homoeopathic specialist, in this case, can prove to be the most helpful.
Types of seizures or epilepsy:
Epilepsy again can be classified into some varieties, depending on which part of the brain it is affecting. Some of the different kinds of epilepsies include-
- Partial Seizures: Partial Seizers are further classified into simple partial seizures, absent seizures and complex partial seizures. The first variety is characterised by jerking of the body and slight impairment of sight and sound. The second variant is characterised with momentary unconsciousness, slight twitching of the facial muscles and upward gaze. The last variety if, characterised by heavy jerking of the body, almost like in a trance and last for over a minute.
- Generalised Seizure or Convulsion: The Generalized seizure is a more engaging form of epilepsy that affects the whole body and results in profuse convulsion. This kind of seizures is characterised by complete loss of consciousness, heavy jerking caused due to muscular contractions, severe breathing difficulty, reddening of the face and post attach back aches.
These different types of seizures are caused depending on the area of the brain that they involve.
Best homoeopathic treatments for seizures:
Homeopathy has come up with some of the most valuable and well-researched treatments to cure epilepsy in individuals. Some of the most noted remedies and medications include-
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Cuprum Metallicum
- Bufo Rana
- Kali Bromatum
- Enanthe Crocata
- Nux Vomica
- Cicuta Virosa
- Causticum, etc.
These remedies are designed to positively affect different kinds of epilepsies, with different intensities and in different stages. These are only a handful of cures for seizures suggested by homoeopathy. Visiting a professional, homoeopathic, medical specialist will allow you to recognise the type of epilepsy you have and also find the best remedy for the same.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!