Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sathish NYour feedback matters!
I have been facing chapped lips from past 3 years. Every morning when I wake up the lower portion of my lips gets cracked. Is there any ayurvedic treatment or allopathic work.
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer.
Hello doc, last week I suffered from chickenpox now its gone but has left scars on all over my body and my face too. Please recommended any cream or lotion and some home remedy to remove the scars. Please Help!
Sir /madam I am having black patches on my face please support me which soap I have to use and which cream I have to use and in night which cream is good for face to apply for me in the morning and in night also.
I Am 38 years male, having dark patches (Mangu, Melesma) on the face it is spreading now it started with small patch on both the chicks now it spread all over the cheek and nose. In 2009 when it started I consulted the doctor, first they said" Idiopathic" they do not know the cause, but still they some creams like Linton, sunlite, skinlite, and so on, still date no improvement.
After making love without protection my I usually take pills which can be 2-3 per month. After having pill I get periods within a week. This is happening from d past 3 months. Also after having pills there is pain and itching in the anus. Can you help me out and tell me what should I do to avoid these things in future and also whether I am prone to any disease or not.
Elevated PSA I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
I have long nail scratch marks on my face for 45 days. It seems bad looking. Can you pls suggest me immediate clearing ointment or any other method.
My skin has lost all the glow and looks dull also many pimples and dark circles are there! my lips are also darker now.
I feel something hard near the anus.Now a tiny hole is near the anus where only one or two drops of blood came till date.These drops not came from anus but through the tiny hole occurred where I feel hard
Hi, I have skin problem, I have white patches on my thighs. Is there any tablet which can reduce white patches.
She have wounds in feet and no blood is there. She had taken many types of medicines but there's no effect on it and she used many types of cream's like Betamil-GM, Surfaz-SN, Cosvate- Gm, Propy Salic, Supirocin ointment, Covate-OT. But there's no effect on it. And she as like burning.
I'm 23 male living in india I have a dark skin would you plzz suggest me any fairness soap and which brand of olive oil to become fair.
Acne is a condition where the skin experiences breakouts of clusters of pimples as well as other growths like blackheads and whiteheads. This skin condition affects the face, neck and even shoulders in some severe cases. In many cases, these pimples may be swollen and even filled with pus. The most common causes of acne include hormonal changes.
Read on to know more about the ways in which you can manage acne:
1. Hygiene: It is important to keep the skin clean as clogged pores often lead to breakouts on the skin, like acne. One must wash the face twice a day at least, so as to ensure that micro particles that can escape from pollutants and other dirt and grime get washed away from the surface of the skin, instead of settling into the pores and clogging them. You can use your fingertips in order to gently rub a mild cleanser or face wash into your skin and then rinse with water. Also, steer clear of facial scrubs and other exfoliation elements as this can make the acne even worse, leaving you with permanent scars if you happen to pop a pimple or scrub too hard.
2. Do not Touch: It is important to remember that constant touching and popping of the pimples can lead to scarring as well as infections in the long run. It is imperative to keep the affected area clean as the hands are one of the most used parts of the body that come in contact with all sorts of dust and dirt, which can easily get transferred to the face every time we touch it. This can make the condition even worse and lead to further inflammation of the pimples.
3. Sun Exposure: If you are suffering from acne, you must ensure that you do not remain exposed to the sun for too long, as the harmful ultraviolet rays will make the condition even worse, and can lead to oozing. This can inturn cause infection and other related skin problems. Also, one must avoid tanning beds and booths as the harmful chemicals used to get a temporary tan can end up having a negative effect on the skin and the acne.
4. Products: When you use a product for the condition, ensure that it is approved by your dermatologist first. You must also use a product long enough before you switch to another product, as constantly switching creams and lotions can lead to a flare up of the condition. Also, before you start using a product, test it on a small patch of your skin on the arm or the leg, so that you know whether or not it will suit you.