Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sathish Kumar NYour feedback matters!
I have severe headache and stomach pain with knee pains along with back pian please give me advises.
I am having pain in lower back mainly on hip joint on investigation of cbc esr test shows esr is 26. I wanted to know should I need any medicine or treatment for it?
I am 40 years and having ankylosis 15-20 years back. Taking no medicine & no problem in day to day activities. I have a restricted movement in neck & spine. Can some massage treatment (with some oils) can help to recover movement (spine bones that are fused)
im suffering with heavy back pain my job is marketing so i'm travel daily more then 60 km daily I think that's the reason for my back pain please suggests me how to solve my back pain.
I'm a 30 year female recently married. I have pain around my knees, feet,neck and head. I had meet a doctor some time back for same reason n he diagnosed it as polyarthritis. But fews days back, I suffered from numbness on my my hands and legs n my head. N fell. Please tell me what has to be done n suggest suitable treatments.
I have pain in my legs since 3 days. My calf feels aching too much after I walk. Don't know what to do?
My brother is 19. Sound came from all his joints. Suddenly feel weakness sometimes in knee joints. His shoulders pain even fold clothes. Also when he lift heavy things and stairs up pain his shoulder joints elbow joints and knee joints. And his calcium, magnesium reports were normal.
I'm getting a pain in left hand shoulder blade pointed & pain at neck while carrying my college bag.
My wife is 38 years old. She has a back ache and the pain extends to the toe of right leg. She has pain while walking. Also. When she gets up in morning its very difficult. Feel numbness in leg many times and feels as a nerve from back to toe is paining.
I want to ask question for my wife. She is suffering from GATHIA. She is taking medicine but I want to give her ayurvedic medicine. Please suggest me the right way.
Ever faced a nagging low back ache that just won't quit? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis in itself, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine:
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not over extend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage you may get at a spa. A massage to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle that sits over the sciatic nerve and triggers sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I'm suffering from severe headache from since two days when I'm running, walking, and sleeping my legs are painting for knees.
I am 65 years old and my husband is 75 years old we both are diabetic and though its under control like 110 fasting for me and for him it goes low sometimes and sometimes 120 both fasting and 170 after for me and for him also. But we have the swelling on our ankles and it is not reducing and ison our feet also will taking cinnamon powder help reduce the swelling on the foot? all the tests are under control. Please help
Hello, My mother, 55 years old. She is diagnosed by acute lacunar infarct in left basal ganglionic capsular and corona radiata today, she is unable to lift her right hand n right leg but hv sensation on it. Medication going on. When wl she recover n lift her ryt hand n leg own by own? What does the mean above mentioned impression? Please make me understand.
I fell from bike during accident, no bone break but still arm is paining. Please tell me the solution.
knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.